Russ Ortiz available

Jjav829

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd definately consider Carlos Lee for Russ Ortiz. Ortiz is a proven winner and a real good pitcher.

Still, I really hate giving up Caballo, I like the way our offense is going to look next year with him and Caballo their.

That way their is a lot less pressure on Crede, Olivo, Rowand, and Jimenez.

Originally posted by theoldroman

Ortiz would be worth el caballo and probably more. That guy is a winner. Postseason experience too... 

14-10 with a 3.61 ERA. Sign Byrd (or maybe someone cheaper like Helling) too and wed be unstoppable...

i will have to agree here, lee will not be enuf for the sox to get this guy.

Guest hotsoxchick1

see i knew it wouldnt take long... you guys are finally getting the kw way of dealing.... its always got to be 3 for 1.....2 good guys and 1 minor player for 1 somewhat decient guy from the oposition......lol......good work guys.. now take a break you all have earned it........lmao

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

see i knew it wouldnt take long... you guys are finally getting the kw way of dealing.... its always got to be 3 for 1.....2 good guys and 1 minor player for 1 somewhat decient guy from the oposition......lol......good work guys.. now take a break you all have earned it........lmao

Heard anything on the Russ Ortiz front? Come on, we need good news. Hehe. :)

Guest hotsoxchick1

the only thing i know is that kw has intentions of going for a pitcher and a catcher... now what we get remains to be heard about... if i hear, dont worry youll be the first ones to know.......

the only thing i know is that kw has intentions of going for a pitcher and a catcher... now what we get remains to be heard about... if i hear, dont worry youll be the first ones to know.......

I heard that a deal could happen between the Sox and Cubs for Damian Miller. Im assuming that it would be contingent on the Cubs getting Rodriguez first.

Thanks for letting us know what you hear.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well i did hear that the flubs were close to dealing with i rod.... amazing isnt it... they get rid of hundley and may get irod in the same season.... who would have thunk it......lol..........

I dont' want Damian Miller, too expensive for a veteran catcher. Still, if it didn't cost us a thing prospect wise, I'd consider it. Of course, with Miller, Manuel, will probably get too tempted and start him over Olivo, and I don't want to see that happening until Olivo shows he should be in AAA.

Guest hotsoxchick1

no kidding.. i dont want anything to take away play time from olivo... im so hyped hes up here finally..... wish we could get alomar back for a season... at least with him we know he wouldnt require alot of play time and he could mentor olivo in the process......

no kidding.. i dont want anything to take away play time from olivo... im so hyped hes up here finally..... wish we could get alomar back for a season... at least with him we know he wouldnt require alot of play time and he could mentor olivo in the process......

we should hope we get anybody to play before olvio. what an inprovement that will be. :bringit

I'm with ya, way too expensive.

I won't give up Rauch, no way. The guy is the only pitcher we have thats in the minors that is ready right now, at least starting wise.

Plus, the guy is really good. To me he's ready to be our #5 starter, but I'll only accept him their off the bat if we bring in a real good #2.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

I'm with ya, way too expensive.

I won't give up Rauch, no way.  The guy is the only pitcher we have thats in the minors that is ready right now, at least starting wise.

Plus, the guy is really good.  To me he's ready to be our #5 starter, but I'll only accept him their off the bat if we bring in a real good #2.

now i would give a package of lee and rauch for 2 or 3 of sd young pit prospect

You guys must be underestimating Russ Ortiz. Look at his stats, he is much better than Garland or Wright. Although he might not be worth Lee and Rauch, he is definitely a #2 starter and could develop into a #1 type guy. Remember, he started some game 1's for San Fran in the playoffs and came up with some great performances.

Guest hotsoxchick1

ahh shut up ldf lol....:o murc.. if we did get alomar back he wouldnt be playing over olivo.. espically since olivo is one of kw's kids.....and i actually think if they did bring sandy back he would be only for one year and they would most likely put him in as coaching or something like that... it was mentioned once before in the begining of last season......of course we had to be rid of his money ......but from who i know of the pitching staff they really did like him alot and missed him when he left.....i think that colorado does have him for one more year though... ill have to recheck to be sure though.........