Russ Ortiz available

Jjav829

Originally posted by LDF
Originally posted by doubleM23

No support for Mike LaValliere?  Frankly, I'm very surprised.

And disappointed.

:D

we can package lee and some others for one of a young stud pit in the sd farm. russ is nice but not worth a package from the sox. plus i don't think we should get into a bidding war for him.

Well, I like the Padres young pitchers, but they aren't looking to deal them. If they did want to pick someone up from the Padres I'd look at Brian Lawrence as a veteran presence. He's a pretty damn good pitcher, imo.

Of course, I wouldnt' give them a ton.

Also, I don't think they are interested in Lee as they will most likely have Nevin in the outfield or first while Klesko plays the outfield, and then Kotsay. Of course that still leaves room for Lee, but I thought they were paying Trammell some decent money, so who knows.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Witesoxfan is right on the money, Kevin Towers is a damn good gm.

Of course I do like the one deal we made with him.

One player on the Pads I"d be interested in is Mark Kotsay. I love that guy in the outfield and at the plate. Too bad the Pads won't even think of moving him. Of course it isn't like we really need him.

I like the Tomko idea, but he can be had cheaply. He isn't figuring to be in their rotation this year and from what I've heard on the local radio they are looking to move him.

His value isn't that high, so maybe we could swing a Miles and Ginter for Tomko deal.

We know the Pads could use some infield help. I don't want to move Hummell, but could definately move Miles.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

Witesoxfan is right on the money, Kevin Towers is a damn good gm. 

Of course I do like the one deal we made with him.

One player on the Pads I"d be interested in is Mark Kotsay.  I love that guy in the outfield and at the plate.  Too bad the Pads won't even think of moving him. Of course it isn't like we really need him.

I like the Tomko idea, but he can be had cheaply.  He isn't figuring to be in their rotation this year and from what I've heard on the local radio they are looking to move him.

His value isn't that high, so maybe we could swing a Miles and Ginter for Tomko deal.

We know the Pads could use some infield help.  I don't want to move Hummell, but could definately move Miles.

brett is a pit i alway intrigue me. his 3 mil a yr price tag is something to deal with as well. but put an offense around him, he might be better than a 500 pit. his fastball is hard to come by.

Originally posted by LDF
Originally posted by doubleM23

No support for Mike LaValliere?  Frankly, I'm very surprised.

And disappointed.

:D

we can package lee and some others for one of a young stud pit in the sd farm. russ is nice but not worth a package from the sox. plus i don't think we should get into a bidding war for him.

Well, I like the Padres young pitchers, but they aren't looking to deal them. If they did want to pick someone up from the Padres I'd look at Brian Lawrence as a veteran presence. He's a pretty damn good pitcher, imo.

Of course, I wouldnt' give them a ton.

Also, I don't think they are interested in Lee as they will most likely have Nevin in the outfield or first while Klesko plays the outfield, and then Kotsay. Of course that still leaves room for Lee, but I thought they were paying Trammell some decent money, so who knows.

considering the numbers, kelsko is almost = to lee and lee is cheaper.

At 3 mill a year, Tomko should come cheap as he's simply a salary dump by the Padres.

If the Sox are smart they offer them pretty much Ginter to save the Pads some salary so they can make a so called push at Maddux.

very good point.

I wouldn't give up anything special for Tomko, I know that.

This is a guy that never lived up to his hype, but he looked real good for the Pads.

If we picked him up, I'd want him to replace Ritchie, and then the Sox pick up someone else for the middle of the rotation.

I wouldn't give up anything special for Tomko, I know that.

This is a guy that never lived up to his hype, but he looked real good for the Pads.

If we picked him up, I'd want him to replace Ritchie, and then the Sox pick up someone else for the middle of the rotation.

start him off in the middle relief and then bring him on as a starter later.

I could live with that, as a backup plan, but its an expensive backup plan.

I think our bullpen is really strong right now.

The only question is Rocky Biddle, and I don't really consider him a questionmark cause the Sox seem to like him.

bring him in as a 5th when may hits.

I am of the belief you can never have too many starting pitchers. First off, your pitchers always get hurt, and secondly, every team in baseball is always looking for another pitcher, so if you end up needing a centerfielder because Rowand isn't cutting it or anything else, then you could always move the extra pitchers.

If you have an extra infielder, you never know, not as many teams consider that a key piece to the puzzle.

I am of the belief you can never have too many starting pitchers.  First off, your pitchers always get hurt, and secondly, every team in baseball is always looking for another pitcher, so if you end up needing a centerfielder because Rowand isn't cutting it or anything else, then you could always move the extra pitchers.

If you have an extra infielder, you never know, not as many teams consider that a key piece to the puzzle.

the way joe borchard is playing in the pr this winter, i think he may not be ready to start in the majors.