YOUR FIRST PLACE CHICAGO WHITE SOX

southsider2k5

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only five teams in baseball (Orioles, Rays, Rangers, Nationals, Dodgers) have better records. Make that 6 if the Reds win their game.

Next week will be a good test.

15-5, "only" 11 more games to go in order to equal 2010, haha.

10-6

3-11

15-5

Streakability.

And, just as importantly, the Tigers will be a full 5 games back.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ May 29, 2012 -> 09:05 PM)
I would really, really, really, really - say, did I say "really" yet? - be interested in getting the reaction of that d-bag, so-called anonymous "scout" from back in the spring who got the media in a frenzy with his flimsy "ohhhhh, they just might lose 100 games" prediction. I should hope that genius never finds himself in the employ of our White Sox!

:gosox2:

Many a World Series Trophy could carry the inscription, "The Experts are Idiots".

I was reading this thread thinking it was all from today...s*** was I confused when Caulfield was talking about the Royals beating the Tigers and Verlander throwing 128 pitches...

Yikes.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 29, 2012 -> 09:13 PM)
Only five teams in baseball (Orioles, Rays, Rangers, Nationals, Dodgers) have better records. Make that 6 if the Reds win their game.

Next week will be a good test.

15-5, "only" 11 more games to go in order to equal 2010, haha.

10-6

3-11

15-5

Streakability.

And, just as importantly, the Tigers will be a full 5 games back.

We've won 11 of 12, Caulfield. I am not sure why you keep wanting to include that extra streak of 4-4 baseball...

So actually, if we go 15-4 in our next 19 we can equal the '10 streak...;)

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 30, 2012 -> 01:57 AM)
Hello first place my old friend.

Nice succinct post.

Can you believe how hot Tank is?? He was so bad just a few weeks ago it seemed like he just had to be sent down to get his act together.

The man the last couple weeks has been as hot as any player in history.

My god. He could carry this team himself at this rate.

Keep the Tank and the team rolling. The Rays didn't know what hit them at home, much like the Thunder getting steamrolled.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 30, 2012 -> 04:50 AM)
I know that was a joke but I still trade Rios in a second to get rid of that contract.

When the team is playing this well, all that other stuff is meaningless.

No time to lament Rios' contract right now.

This team appears to be clicking. It already had several chances to go in the tank (no pun intended) with some excruciating losses and instead put together a nice winning streak here.

Keep it up.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 29, 2012 -> 11:01 PM)
When the team is playing this well, all that other stuff is meaningless.

No time to lament Rios' contract right now.

This team appears to be clicking. It already had several chances to go in the tank (no pun intended) with some excruciating losses and instead put together a nice winning streak here.

Keep it up.

Oh please, when this team cools off you'll be right back to Ozzie posts and calling Rios your least favorite Sox player ever, and then blame KW for not trading the BUMS of the team.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 29, 2012 -> 10:04 PM)
This board is conspicuously optimistic

The negativity will come back when we go through a rough patch.

This team is legit talented though and in a very bad division. Stay healthy and I really think this is a playoff team.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 29, 2012 -> 11:14 PM)
The negativity will come back when we go through a rough patch.

This team is legit talented though and in a very bad division. Stay healthy and I really think this is a playoff team.

At least now, the line-up and back end of the bullpen finally appear to be arranged in an ideal fashion. That's the difference. As long as Ohman doesn't get overused against RHB'ers, everyone can sleep more easily.

Before, it did appear Ventura was searching (some would say grasping) for the right combinations, and it might have cost them a couple of games, but in the "big picture" perhaps it was worth it to finally arrive at this moment of seeming stability.

It would really surprise me if we don't at least contend to the end, provided we stay pretty healthy. Even when we weren't playing well, I could see that this was possible. I don't think guys like DV and GB are going to sink to sub-MLB levels again. I also expect the rotation to get better as Danks heals up and Philip and Gavin get things back together.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 29, 2012 -> 10:12 PM)
Great team effort today. Solid outing by Humber. Tank now at .280. Somebody give me his numbers since he was under .200 3 weeks ago. They gotta be incredible.

NOT including tonight's game

.400/.411/.800/1.211, (22 for 55), 1 2B, 7 HR, 1 BB, 4 K, oh, and 13 games started, 14 games total

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 30, 2012 -> 05:06 AM)
Oh please, when this team cools off you'll be right back to Ozzie posts and calling Rios your least favorite Sox player ever, and then blame KW for not trading the BUMS of the team.

How do you know? This is the first sign of life of this team in a long time.

When the team actually does something of note it's easier to stay loyal during the rough patches. Only somebody like El Rockin cannot be fazed of the lousy play of the last two plus seasons.

Your post is quite offensive. You don't know anything about my fandom. I've rooted for this team forever, since my days as a kid on the south side. This is the first stretch in a long time where you could be very very pleased with the team and the effort and the contributions of many.

Rios is my least favorite player ever. Yes he is. Always will be. So what?

When the team is clicking and playing well and winning, there's no reason to talk about his contract. It doesn't matter.

Haven't you heard the saying, "Just Win Baby?"

Best athletic saying of all time. Winning shuts everybody up.

You offend me. Low blow.

And my Ozzie posts are always in response to people who blast Ozzie. I don't bring up the topic. i stand up for the man. If the season ended today he and Robin would be likely candidates for NL and AL manager of the year.

Edited by greg775