5/5/12 Sox vs Cats 3:05 CT

Jake

QUOTE (Baron @ May 5, 2012 -> 09:37 PM)
Im ready for Morel to go to AAA right now

Sale becoming closer means Morel needs to be playing in the majors all year. Let him prove if he's MLB caliber or not, as this year is a full-out rebuilding year now.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2012 -> 03:38 PM)
Sale becoming closer means Morel needs to be playing in the majors all year. Let him prove if he's MLB caliber or not, as this year is a full-out rebuilding year now.

Yeah thats going to be a fun ride

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 5, 2012 -> 08:38 PM)
How are you guys ripping Morel for not making a diving play? That s*** is not an error for a reason. He had to DIVE to get it, and just couldn't come up with it. It's disappointing, but not something you rip a player for, Jesus.

He short-armed the dive, and did the one thing you cannot let happen, which is have the ball get into the outfield.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 5, 2012 -> 03:38 PM)
How are you guys ripping Morel for not making a diving play? That s*** is not an error for a reason. He had to DIVE to get it, and just couldn't come up with it. It's disappointing, but not something you rip a player for, Jesus.

Well he did just get ripped for it

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 5, 2012 -> 08:39 PM)
I would assume a come from behind victory will be out of the question.

Max is the epitome of an all or nothing pitcher. If he's on, 2 runs is enough. He was near the lead league in the majors last year in 7 inning starts allowing 1 or fewer runs. However, the wheels can fall off quickly for him as well.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2012 -> 03:39 PM)
He short-armed the dive, and did the one thing you cannot let happen, which is have the ball get into the outfield.

Well obviously he short-armed it, considering it went off the tip of his mitt, but that's not a player you expect every 3B to make, again, hence why it's not an error. You may as well be livid with Alexei for not making that play on the first single where he slid to knees and couldn't come up w/ the throw.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 5, 2012 -> 09:37 PM)
This isn't the Sox being bad, this is the insane amount of luck the Tigers are getting right now. Floyd looks fine. The defense looks fine. It is just a f***ton of bad luck right now with this s*** hits and little dinkers. They pretty much have 5 infield singles right now for 2 runs.

Lexi wasn't exactly graceful on that bullet up the middle.

QUOTE (Baron @ May 5, 2012 -> 08:38 PM)
Yeah thats going to be a fun ride

No question I'd rather him try to prove what he can do in the majors then go to AAA and put up average numbers and fool the organization into giving him another shot at 3b next year.

One of the major reasons that I'm ready for a complete blow up of this team is all the damn hanging heads and mental midgets. Blown saves happen. GTF over it and play baseball. Sox out there playing like the bad stretch is just gonna cure itself. I was really hoping to see less of this in 2012. But no. Sox are 2-6 since Santiago's blown save, and now laying down today. Disgraceful. There are 162 freaking games. Gotta be able to bounce back.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 5, 2012 -> 08:41 PM)
Morel can't bat sub .200 all year and just have us ignore it. .220 maybe, but not like he has been

You really want to watch Escobar play more? Ventura obviously isn't a big fan of Lillibridge's offensive ability, so if the choice is Morel or Escobar...bring on the sub .200 by Morel

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2012 -> 03:41 PM)
No question I'd rather him try to prove what he can do in the majors then go to AAA and put up average numbers and fool the organization into giving him another shot at 3b next year.

Well at some point the people in the FO have to realize he isnt the answer. But if were rebuilding thats what we have to do.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 5, 2012 -> 03:42 PM)
One of the major reasons that I'm ready for a complete blow up of this team is all the damn hanging heads and mental midgets. Blown saves happen. GTF over it and play baseball. Sox out there playing like the bad stretch is just gonna cure itself. I was really hoping to see less of this in 2012. But no. Sox are 2-6 since Santiago's blown save, and now laying down today. Disgraceful. There are 162 freaking games. Gotta be able to bounce back.

Are you honestly trying to say that we are having terrible luck because of a blown save last night? Because that's how the Sox are losing right now. Terrible luck.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 5, 2012 -> 09:42 PM)

True.

It seems Sox fans can always point to "turning points" in games and in stretches.

Good teams just win, especially at home, not lose 2 of 3 to Cleveland after winning the f***ing opener.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2012 -> 03:43 PM)
You really want to watch Escobar play more? Ventura obviously isn't a big fan of Lillibridge's offensive ability, so if the choice is Morel or Escobar...bring on the sub .200 by Morel

There is sometimes something to be said for making a change for change's sake. Can Josh Phegley play third base? :lolhitting

btw, Josh Fields is putting up decent numbers in AAA for LAD :o

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 5, 2012 -> 03:39 PM)
I would assume a come from behind victory will be out of the question.

Tigers 10-1 this season when scoring first.

Sox might not even get a hit today.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2012 -> 09:43 PM)

Just say NO to Esco.

Don't want to watch him.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 5, 2012 -> 08:44 PM)
There is sometimes something to be said for making a change for change's sake. Can Josh Phegley play third base? :lolhitting

How about moving Viciedo back to 3rd? Great, Miguel Cabrera has more range than Morel and Alexei today.