SOX/TIGERS Rubber Match

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He's done a great job to keep us in the game against a Tigers line-up that's just inching towards breaking out again, but he just seems like one of those guys who eats a lot of innings and is always on the edge of getting knocked and has a 4.75-5.25 ERA.

Have to give him the benefit of the doubt though, as he had a very good start against DET last year and pitched well in his 22 innings for us last year.

Minnesota has scored something like 1 run in the last 36 innings and only 9 hits in the last 4 games. Brutal, already 12 games under .500 and they're not close to selling out that stadium anymore except on occasional weekends.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 6, 2012 -> 12:29 PM)
Got away with one there, but overall Axelrod's done pretty well today. I'm pleased, he is beyond his years. Weird looking face though

i know. i want my baseball players to be at least decent looking.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 6, 2012 -> 06:12 PM)
I love Hawk, it's like I'm never watching the game alone. I've got a fan right with me.

The radio broadcast is f***ing awful, it's hard for me to even listen to it when I'm driving during games.

I think Hawk and Stone are great.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 6, 2012 -> 11:28 AM)
Is Axelrod just lobbing it up there?

Is this guy for real? Is he known as a soft tosser? Wow.

It's called a curve ball. Keeping the hitter's off balance changing speeds . Tiger's definitely a fastball hitting team. You see what a good curve can do to them like Floyds.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 6, 2012 -> 01:28 PM)

Yes, he's a soft tossing righty. He's not half bad when everything is working, but his margin for error is so little. He will be interesting to watch in coming starts.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 6, 2012 -> 12:28 PM)

Jamie Moyer. Bruce Chen. Mark Buehrle. Tom Glavine.

It's more about changing speeds, location and movement than sheer velocity, although you have a lot less margin for error when you have the stuff of a Scherzer or Porcello compared to the likes of Dylan Axelrod.

Tyler Flowers is just rusty both offensively and defensively. With his type of swing, he can never be successful playing once every 7-10 games.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 6, 2012 -> 11:27 AM)
I miss those glorious days when Hawk would take an inning off and we'd get DJ's home run calls

Taste is definitely subjective. I like DJ as a person, can't stand him on the air. Brings absolutely nothing to the party.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 6, 2012 -> 06:32 PM)
Yes, he's a soft tossing righty. He's not half bad when everything is working, but his margin for error is so little. He will be interesting to watch in coming starts.

Him pitching in the summer at the Cell might be a recipe for disaster. He can do a solid job in pitcher's parks though.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 6, 2012 -> 02:33 PM)
Jamie Moyer. Bruce Chen. Mark Buehrle. Tom Glavine.

It's more about changing speeds, location and movement than sheer velocity, although you have a lot less margin for error when you have the stuff of a Scherzer or Porcello compared to the likes of Dylan Axelrod.

Tyler Flowers is just rusty both offensively and defensively. With his type of swing, he can never be successful playing once every 7-10 games.

Every one of the pitchers you just listed is a lefty.