Kevin Youkilis for Matt Thornton?

justBLAZE

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ May 11, 2012 -> 10:23 AM)
I's ridiculous to even think about making moves right now. Until the Tigers show they can go on a run, the Sox aren't out of it.

I assume that if they were really looking at Youkillis, it's a move to improve the team this year, not a salary dump.

Edited by bighurt574

I don't despise Rogers as much as most. I like reading him. He blasts KW all the time and I don't mind it since I don't think much of KW's body of work the last several years, but this is exactly the type of move he's blasted KW for making the past few years. It makes zero sense. Youkilis is constantly on the DL, his production is slipping quickly and he makes a ton of money. Why would you trade Thornton and Floyd with Youk being the big piece back? If you really wanted Youkilis, I bet you Boston would give him away if you took all the money and would give him up for just about anyone saving them cash.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 11, 2012 -> 06:34 PM)
I don't despise Rogers as much as most. I like reading him. He blasts KW all the time and I don't mind it since I don't think much of KW's body of work the last several years, but this is exactly the type of move he's blasted KW for making the past few years. It makes zero sense. Youkilis is constantly on the DL, his production is slipping quickly and he makes a ton of money. Why would you trade Thornton and Floyd with Youk being the big piece back? If you really wanted Youkilis, I bet you Boston would give him away if you took all the money and would give him up for just about anyone saving them cash.

I agree. He suggests sending two real good pitchers for a guy currently on the DL and then says it wil make the Sox instant contenders and I don't think he really meant the Chisox :gosoxretro:

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 11, 2012 -> 12:34 PM)

He is a 3rd baseman with back problems. We've seen how this story ends.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 11, 2012 -> 10:23 AM)
I's ridiculous to even think about making moves right now. Until the Tigers show they can go on a run, the Sox aren't out of it.

The wild card is also a decent possibility. While the AL East has to beat up on each other, we have 36 games left against two of the most god awful teams in the Twins and Royals. That's 28% of our remaining games against pure garbage.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 11, 2012 -> 10:34 AM)

Throw in Addison Reed and that's a SOLID Kenny move right there.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 11, 2012 -> 01:45 PM)
Fair enough. Morel's back is definitely a growing concern to me. There's really no way to know how much it's affecting him right now.

Honestly with as many issues as he has had defensively this year, it wouldn't surprise me if that is a part of the problem. It is how we always knew when Crede was hurting.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 11, 2012 -> 03:01 PM)
Honestly with as many issues as he has had defensively this year, it wouldn't surprise me if that is a part of the problem. It is how we always knew when Crede was hurting.

That would make sense with the big surge in strikeouts.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 9, 2012 -> 12:01 PM)
Supposedly Youk is getting benched when he comes back. I would think the White Sox would have to assume the extra cash which gets Boston a little farther away from luxury tax territory. They might bite. I just don't see the White Sox taking on salary although he would most likely be a huge upgrade for the offense, and the Sox are a little heavy in LH relievers.

The only GM crazy enough to trade Youk for Thornton is Kenny Williams.

So, that won't be happening....

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ May 15, 2012 -> 06:12 PM)
The only GM crazy enough to trade Youk for Thornton is Kenny Williams.

So, that won't be happening....

The more I researched Youkilis, the worse he looked. He's probably an upgrade offensively over Morel, at least until September, but not much of one.

Edited by Dick Allen