Slow pitch softball thread

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 12:38 PM)
There's actually the possibility of getting blasted by a ball in 12 when you pitch. 16 comes off a lot slower and the ball isn't as hard, so it might be a mental thing. At least it would be for me.

Heh. I once accidentally broke a woman's finger that way, where I hit a hard liner right at her (NOT on purpose), and she only had enough time to get her hand part way up (so that her fingers were pointed at the ball when it hit). I felt awful.

It is different, but for me at least I don't think its a fear thing.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well our final game was last week. We lost in the first game of the playoffs.

We didn't have our usual players and one guy was only playing because he took a couple painkillers before the game. We played one of the better teams but we did manage to get the winning run to the plate. Just couldn't quite pull it off.

I'm just glad that I managed to make it through the season without injuring myself. Looking forward to playing again next year. Bowling will keep me occupied until then.

We have semi and finals tonight. We play this jerk traveling team that decided to join our rec league this summer first. They destroyed us a few weeks ago. It's be like uS vs Russia hockey in 1980 if we won, so anticipating an early night.

• 9 months later...

We played the last game of the first half of our season last night. Finished the half with a record of 6 - 1. The one game we lost was because we were playing short-handed for the first few innings because one of our players came late.

Surprisingly we didn't have any rain-outs. There was one night were we played but none of the other teams did because the rain came afterwards. Somehow they have us on the schedule for a makeup game though.

I've been manning the hot corner pretty regularly and aside from one or two times where there seemed to be a hole in my glove, I've done pretty well overall IMHO.