5/12/12 Sox vs Royals

Jake

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 12, 2012 -> 09:11 PM)
I beg to differ. This has complete game by Luke written all over it. I hope next time we face Hochevar we have a clue lest he turn into another Sox killer (see Chen).

wtf are you talking about??

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 12, 2012 -> 09:11 PM)
I beg to differ. This has complete game by Luke written all over it. I hope next time we face Hochevar we have a clue lest he turn into another Sox killer (see Chen).

No CG...........Holland 8th..............Broxton 9th.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 13, 2012 -> 03:12 AM)
wtf are you talking about??

Chen is a Sox killer. It's an automatic W for Chen when he faces the Sox. I am saying I hope it's not the same for Luke this year when he faces the Sox up to five times.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 12, 2012 -> 09:16 PM)
Chen is a Sox killer. It's an automatic W for Chen when he faces the Sox. I am saying I hope it's not the same for Luke this year when he faces the Sox up to five times.

I was talking about the complete game

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2012 -> 03:18 AM)

Yes but ... this article suggests otherwise

Bruce Chen of the Kansas City Royals is hands down the best pitcher in the American League.

To the Chicago White Sox, that is.

Chen may not be campaigning for a Cy Young award, but he should be campaigning for the chance to start a couple more games against Chicago. Against the rest of the Major League, Chen is a far-from-overpowering lefty who has crafted a 5-5 record behind a 5.03 ERA.

In three starts against the White Sox, Chen is 2-0 with a 0.90 ERA. The Royals have won all three of those starts, including the 5-1 victory over Chicago that dropped them five games behind Detroit in the AL Central standings.

Chen had a 4.54 ERA and an 0-3 record in five previous career starts against Chicago. In 2011, he is suddenly the reincarnation of Warren Sphan.

The White Sox could manage only one hit in the six innings Chen pitched Friday night, falling to 3-6 against the Royals in the season series.

Needs to be starting in the minors. The only plus of putting him in the pen was that his fastball supposedly got up to mid 90s in those situations -- it has instead dropped. Let him go down, get healthy, figure things out, whatever he needs to do.