GT 5-13-12 Sox vs Royals, 1:10pm

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 13, 2012 -> 03:34 PM)
Glad to see we can still beat up on the weaker sisters of the AL Central. Their starter gets injured and we go up against the vaunted Royals bullpen and get blanked.

If its a sign of things to come, its not going to be a good year. They have to win the divisional games.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 13, 2012 -> 03:35 PM)
If its a sign of things to come, its not going to be a good year. They have to win the divisional games.

The formula for winning the central is to beat up on your division, beat bad teams and play 500 against good teams. But looks like we are back to our can't beat our division woes.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 13, 2012 -> 02:33 PM)
If the Sox lose this one Thornton will get the majority of the blame, but the Sox were shutout by a guy with a 9.00 ERA last night, and scored 1 run against a fill in today. That's brutal.

Sure is...I don't know what their problem is at home...it's disgusting

Sox hitters have looked all series like they've never seen an offspeed pitch. Quintero's just killing the Sox with his pitch selection. Reminds me of Mauer a few years ago when he'd always go to offspeed pitches in typical fastball counts.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2012 -> 03:25 PM)
Yes, that's it.

If we had better attendance and fewer boos, Matt Thornton would pitch better at home.

It's all because of the lack of fan support at home that's causing us to be 5-10 at home or whatever our record is.

I sure hope your tongue is firmly planted in your cheek....

Otherwise no, the horrid team Reinsdorf and his management put on the field is the reason why they're 5-10 at home.

Edited by mcgrad70

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 13, 2012 -> 02:37 PM)
Sure is...I don't know what their problem is at home...it's disgusting

Calling the White Sox "disgusting" isn't an overreaction? LOL.

What did you expect coming into this season? To be in first place?

By the way, we haven't won a single series since the Seattle one April 21st and 22nd. That was 3 weeks ago.

6-13 since then, if we lose today.

Great pick-up KW. Fukudome should be playing everyday in front of his appreciative fans.

Apparently we need to change the majority of our line-up and bench to get more consistent clutch hitting...because changing managers and hitting coaches hasn't had much of an effect.

Edited by caulfield12