Sox @ Cubs 5/19 game thread

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 19, 2012 -> 07:36 PM)
God forbid they show respect to the troops risking their lives. Ugh, what assholes

LOL. Such a typical knee jerk response. The truth is our troops shouldn't be there to begin with, bring the good men and women of the military home! That's showing REAL respect for them, is it not??

QUOTE (Jake @ May 19, 2012 -> 08:37 PM)
I don't think this stuff is privileging a particular point of view on the wars, just a gratitude towards soldiers.

Except for the long response about why we're there in Afghanistan and why it's so important.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ May 19, 2012 -> 07:38 PM)
LOL. Such a typical knee jerk response. The truth is our troops shouldn't be there to begin with, bring the good men and women of the military home! That's showing REAL respect for them, is it not??

Showing thanks to the people that don't have a say in the matter doesn't seem like it should be offensive.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 19, 2012 -> 07:39 PM)
Except for the long response about why we're there in Afghanistan and why it's so important.

If that happened, it just goes to show you how I tune out that kind of s***, lol

For the record, i don't have a problem with the military, I just don't need Fox to cram it down our throats while the game is going.

Before the game, 7th inning stretch, fine, whatever. During the game, shut the f*** up Thom.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 19, 2012 -> 07:41 PM)
For the record, i don't have a problem with the military, I just don't need Fox to cram it down our throats while the game is going.

Before the game, 7th inning stretch, fine, whatever. During the game, shut the f*** up Thom.

Well it's over now.

(no, not the war)

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ May 19, 2012 -> 07:38 PM)

No one is arguing against that. They aren't honoring the people that started the war, they are showing respect for the people that were ordered to go there and had no choice in the manner. (Although that general did push a bit too much of propoganda I will admit)

QUOTE (Jake @ May 19, 2012 -> 07:39 PM)
Showing thanks to the people that don't have a say in the matter doesn't seem like it should be offensive.

Agreed. I have no problem saying thanks to the troops. I just have a problem with propaganda designed to make people think its ok to fight a war and sacrifice our troops so the big corporations can make money. Ok I'll shut up now.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 19, 2012 -> 07:42 PM)
Let's keep all the political stuff out of here and let's just focus on a game against a AAA team that somehow counts in the standings.

but but but Dempster bro

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 19, 2012 -> 08:42 PM)
Let's keep all the political stuff out of here and let's just focus on a game against a AAA team that somehow counts in the standings.

Then tell Fox/MLB to keep it off the air and let people decide things on their own.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 19, 2012 -> 07:42 PM)

Some people would say two AAA teams are facing each other :unsure: