Sox @ Cubs 5/19 game thread

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 19, 2012 -> 08:11 PM)
what's with Robin removing starters after 70-80 pitches?

Yesterday it definitely made sense with Humber. I would have at least let Danks get a man on first.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 19, 2012 -> 08:10 PM)
FOX just redeemed this broadcast with Kate Upton

That was a gratuitous cleavage shot. Not complaining, but laughing my ass off at how obvious it was.

Also, damn, Danks was sweaty.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 19, 2012 -> 09:11 PM)
Yesterday it definitely made sense with Humber. I would have at least let Danks get a man on first.

Soriano did get him last time for a double. And after Soriano, you've got 4 batters in a row who shouldn't be trouble (counting the PH for the pitcher's spot).

My favorite Kerry Wood story occured right after he was drafted out of high school, but before he signed. His HS team was in the State tournament, and Kerry pitched both ends of a double header against two different teams, threw something like 230 pitches. How about that high school coach?

QUOTE (oldsox @ May 19, 2012 -> 08:14 PM)
My favorite Kerry Wood story occured right after he was drafted out of high school, but before he signed. His HS team was in the State tournament, and Kerry pitched both ends of a double header against two different teams, threw something like 230 pitches. How about that high school coach?

Nope, it's still Dusty Baker's fault