Sox @ Cubs 5/19 game thread

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So all of you who listed excuses all last season for Adam turn out to be correct.

Whether it was being DH the first time or a family matter or him adjusting to the new league (or my reason, being fat) ... he's officially a good to great player again.

Amazing.

Congrats to you who didn't bury Dunn.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 19, 2012 -> 09:20 PM)
So all of you who listed excuses all last season for Adam turn out to be correct.

Whether it was being DH the first time or a family matter or him adjusting to the new league (or my reason, being fat) ... he's officially a good to great player again.

Amazing.

Congrats to you who didn't bury Dunn.

Takes a gracious person to openly admit they were wrong. I salute you, sir!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 19, 2012 -> 08:22 PM)
And now a discussion about how the Cubs are weak in the middle innings, with no connection made to the reliever who up and decided to retire yesterday and how much that could hurt bullpen depth.

Or that they traded away their best two relievers because this season doesn't matter

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ May 20, 2012 -> 01:21 AM)
Takes a gracious person to openly admit they were wrong. I salute you, sir!

Oh, I was wrong.

I just don't understand how a guy can look so good at the plate after looking so bad on a consistent basis. It had to be one or more of the reasons people listed last year. The guy is really bombing away. I still haven't read much about his weight. I'm assuming he lost some weight but I have no idea if that's true or not.

I can't wait to see these highlights tonight. Hope they show the Soriano play. This is ... awesome.