Sox @ Cubs 5/19 game thread

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 19, 2012 -> 09:11 PM)
No harm, no foul, but if the Chicago media continues on the roll it is on, they'll be writing and talking about how the Cubs now have momentum for Game Three.

Yesterday was Wood Day.

Today will it be the "Cubs never died" day?

Seriously who cares. We won no matter what the media decides to cover.

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ May 20, 2012 -> 03:12 AM)
8 1/2 innings of dominance is my take-away from all of this. Let's sweep this thing tomorrow!

Yes, there's no reason for this to be anything but a great kickbutt win.

Zach served up some BP, but that's about it.

Now had another runner reached? Meltdown status, baby.

Zach is currently one step above a position player throwing an inning during a blowout. The only thing that his appearance did was get the drunken trixie in a tizzy and of course give Eric Karros a special tingle under the desk there.

In the end, a real pitcher was one baserunner away from coming in and ending their night.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 20, 2012 -> 03:13 AM)
Zach is currently one step above a position player throwing an inning during a blowout. The only thing that his appearance did was get the drunken trixie in a tizzy and of course give Eric Karros a special tingle under the desk there.

In the end, a real pitcher was one baserunner away from coming in and ending their night.

True, Zach is that bad. He is pathetic.

Hopefully our guys have the killer instinct behind Jake tomorrow. A sweep is needed and a definite possibility. Cleveland keeps winning so this was imperative. Don't want to fall 8 or so behind the Tribe even if the Tribe figures to fall eventually like last year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 19, 2012 -> 09:11 PM)
No harm, no foul, but if the Chicago media continues on the roll it is on, they'll be writing and talking about how the Cubs now have momentum for Game Three.

Yesterday was Wood Day.

Today will it be the "Cubs never died" day?

This. I get so sick of the f***ing worthless Cubs franchise. They're worthless. They're losers. Overrated. They're s***.

Yet everyone f***ing loves them. It'd be like everyone loving the f***ing Toronto Raptors.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 19, 2012 -> 09:08 PM)
Zach is a joke.

I'd like to see him get released.

No more experimenting with him. He's trash in baseball terms.

Didnt ZAch have a low 2 era before this game??? Was Addison Reed a joke after his implosion? Not saying hes good but hes good enough to be the mop up up guy....regardless a wins a win!!

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 19, 2012 -> 10:24 PM)
Didnt ZAch have a low 2 era before this game??? Was Addison Reed a joke after his implosion? Not saying hes good but hes good enough to be the mop up up guy....regardless a wins a win!!

All that matters is what a guy did in his last outing. Stewart's last outing now was bad so he's a bum. Reed got a save his last time out so he's Rivera. Reed's never had a blowup and Stewart never had a good outing last week.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 19, 2012 -> 09:29 PM)
All that matters is what a guy did in his last outing. Stewart's last outing now was bad so he's a bum. Reed got a save his last time out so he's Rivera. Reed's never had a blowup and Stewart never had a good outing last week.

ahh thanks for clearing that up....75% of the stuff posted on here now makes sense to me

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 20, 2012 -> 03:29 AM)

Good try. Zach gave up six runs the other day and only one was earned.

He's meat.

Just watched highlights of the game. Balta, your post about how the Chicago media won't dare call out Wood for quitting on his team mid-May when they were struggling with relievers was awesome. And greg, how are you going to say the Cubs are going to get momentum from the 9th inning after last week when you said "momentum is tomorrow's starting pitcher?"

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 19, 2012 -> 09:15 PM)
True, Zach is that bad. He is pathetic.

Hopefully our guys have the killer instinct behind Jake tomorrow. A sweep is needed and a definite possibility. Cleveland keeps winning so this was imperative. Don't want to fall 8 or so behind the Tribe even if the Tribe figures to fall eventually like last year.

I don't know how pathetic Zach is, since in Danks last start before tonight he single-handedly kept the Sox in the game long enough for them to eventually come back and beat the Tigers.

Edited by jeffro2525

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2012 -> 04:00 AM)
Just watched highlights of the game. Balta, your post about how the Chicago media won't dare call out Wood for quitting on his team mid-May when they were struggling with relievers was awesome. And greg, how are you going to say the Cubs are going to get momentum from the 9th inning after last week when you said "momentum is tomorrow's starting pitcher?"

Well I hope they don't have momentum. I was saying the media will say that. They may not agree with my take on momentum.

I'm hoping Jake pitches like this year's Jake ... and also hits LaCock in the back with a pitch.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 20, 2012 -> 03:00 AM)
I don't know how pathetic Zach is, since in Danks last start before tonight he single-handedly kept the Sox in the game long enough for them to eventually come back and beat the Tigers.

I think Stewart stinks and isn't a MLB caliber pitcher, but he deserves so much credit for his performance vs the Tigers. If Sox go on to contend this year, that performance by him can be seen as a turning point in the season.

Edited by fathom

Where is all this Zack Stewart hate coming from? Dude had a 2.21 ERA before today. He had a 7-0 lead so he threw only strikes. He made the "White Sox Winner" thread last week and essentially won us a game against a division rival.

Listen to Balta.

I'll admit I don't remember his performance vs. the Tigers so I could be off base here.

But he sure has been meat when I've seen him on TV. He got lit up today. I don't buy that he was just trying to throw it over the plate.

To the Zach supporters ... are you comfortable with him pitching in meaningful situations? Or just situations like tonight?

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ May 19, 2012 -> 10:05 PM)
Where is all this Zack Stewart hate coming from? Dude had a 2.21 ERA before today. He had a 7-0 lead so he threw only strikes. He made the "White Sox Winner" thread last week and essentially won us a game against a division rival.

Listen to Balta.

Stewart's actually been decent this year. His ERA shows that he's been a bit lucky, but his peripherals aren't bad. Of course, this game won't help his ERA or his FIP, but I can see why people think he's bad.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 19, 2012 -> 10:07 PM)
I'll admit I don't remember his performance vs. the Tigers so I could be off base here.

But he sure has been meat when I've seen him on TV. He got lit up today. I don't buy that he was just trying to throw it over the plate.

To the Zach supporters ... are you comfortable with him pitching in meaningful situations? Or just situations like tonight?

So you've watched him pitch today and on April 16th? Take out those 2 peprformances and hes given up 2 runs in 11 innings of relief....Man for someone so opinionated you sure must not watch a lot of white sox baseball.

Hes the mop up guy, he's not meant to come in in meaningful situations so this question is irrelevant

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787