Sox sign Orlando Hudson

flavum

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (That funky motion @ May 19, 2012 -> 04:33 PM)
Can he play 3rd?

I hope so.

Up until Thursday I would have been happy with this move but Gordon Beckham won back my heart the way he stepped up and played yesterday. But I guess Hudson would be good to have in reserve if Beckham reverts back to the way he has been for about the past year.

The O dog has lost a lot of his range. If they move Beckham to 3B, that would be ridiculous. He's a GG quality 2B.

I hope KW has the sense to remember his playing days. He was a highly thought of CF who put up decent numbers, but the Sox needed a 3B so he moved there and it seemed like it derailed his once promising career.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 19, 2012 -> 04:39 PM)
The O dog has lost a lot of his range. If they move Beckham to 3B, that would be ridiculous. He's a GG quality 2B.

I hope KW has the sense to remember his playing days. He was a highly thought of CF who put up decent numbers, but the Sox needed a 3B so he moved there and it seemed like it derailed his once promising career.

They have to be thinking of moving him to 3rd...if they move Beckham again, I'm going to vomit.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 19, 2012 -> 04:38 PM)
I hope so.

Up until Thursday I would have been happy with this move but Gordon Beckham won back my heart the way he stepped up and played yesterday. But I guess Hudson would be good to have in reserve if Beckham reverts back to the way he has been for about the past year.

The Padres would rather pay the O Dog NOT to play for them than play for them. The PADRES. The O Dog probably can outperform the current version of Morel and he's probably slightly better than Escobar at this point, but he's no savior.

I really wonder about Morel's back.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 19, 2012 -> 05:42 PM)
The Padres would rather pay the O Dog NOT to play for them than play for them. The PADRES. The O Dog probably can outperform the current version of Morel and he's probably slightly better than Escobar at this point, but he's no savior.

I really wonder about Morel's back.

The difference in his swing the 2 days right after his cortisone shot was palpable. Then it went away rapidly, and within a few days we're talking about his back again. His back has to be in bad shape right now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 19, 2012 -> 09:43 PM)
The difference in his swing the 2 days right after his cortisone shot was palpable. Then it went away rapidly, and within a few days we're talking about his back again. His back has to be in bad shape right now.

Yeah, it's time to DL him and let him get right.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 19, 2012 -> 04:44 PM)
Yeah, it's time to DL him and let him get right.

I agree, especially if the cortisone shot didn't work. He dove for a ball the other day and got up and walked around like an old man. I've hurt my back and know that feeling.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 19, 2012 -> 03:50 PM)
I agree, especially if the cortisone shot didn't work. He dove for a ball the other day and got up and walked around like an old man. I've hurt my back and know that feeling.

That's because you are an old man ;)

Just yesterday I was gonna see what people thought about giving Aaron Miles a call, but then I remembered 75% of this board thinks the team sucks so I was just gonna get bashed for it....If the plan is to play him at 3B then I like it. Morels a black hole, I'll take Pablo Ozuna over him at 3rd.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 19, 2012 -> 04:41 PM)
Me neither. We already have like 3 guys on the roster just like Hudson.

EE?

Escobar f***ing blows. This move should enable Morel to rest his back, and when Morel gets back Hudson should take over Escobar's utility role.

Morel's got to be done for the season.

No way a third baseman can play with a bad back and take all those swings necessary to be a big leaguer. How the hell is it going to heal by the end of the season?

It's too late, but I'd move Tank to third and play Fukodome the rest of the year in left with Lilly spelling him.

Since we're getting Hudson, I guess I'd play Hudson at third. The defense is going to suffer no matter which way you look at it, so might as well just pluck Hudson into the third base slot.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ May 19, 2012 -> 04:54 PM)
Escobar f***ing blows. This move should enable Morel to rest his back, and when Morel gets back Hudson should take over Escobar's utility role.

Didn't Escobar initially bring attention to himself with a sweet performance in the AFL? He hit in spring training this year to make the team. It seems to me Arizona is the only place he can hit. Maybe the Diamondbacks would be interested.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 19, 2012 -> 04:58 PM)
Morel's got to be done for the season.

No way a third baseman can play with a bad back and take all those swings necessary to be a big leaguer. How the hell is it going to heal by the end of the season?

It's too late, but I'd move Tank to third and play Fukodome the rest of the year in left with Lilly spelling him.

Since we're getting Hudson, I guess I'd play Hudson at third. The defense is going to suffer no matter which way you look at it, so might as well just pluck Hudson into the third base slot.

It really depends what wrong with his back.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 19, 2012 -> 04:59 PM)
Didn't Escobar initially bring attention to himself with a sweet performance in the AFL? He hit in spring training this year to make the team. It seems to me Arizona is the only place he can hit. Maybe the Diamondbacks would be interested.

Escobar's had a .300 OBP in his last 700 ABs in the minors. He has no business playing in the majors, even in September.