Sox sign Orlando Hudson

flavum

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 22, 2012 -> 10:16 PM)
He's played with Alex in Toronto and Dunn in AZ, he's a likable guy so I'm sure he's made other friends as well....From what I read hes a big time outdoorsman and I know guys like Danks and Peavy among others are also so I can see why he wants to come here.

Alex Rios has friends? Just kidding. Oh wait maybe he was friends with Crain.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 23, 2012 -> 12:46 AM)
"he’ll get thrown out about eight times a week trying to make a dumb hustle play"

What does that even mean?

Probably means he gets thrown out trying to stretch a single to a double, a double to a triple, running on a ball in the dirt that didn't get far enough away, etc. I dunno how accurate this guy is but he really hates Orlando Hudson.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ May 23, 2012 -> 12:35 AM)
Probably means he gets thrown out trying to stretch a single to a double, a double to a triple, running on a ball in the dirt that didn't get far enough away, etc. I dunno how accurate this guy is but he really hates Orlando Hudson.

I've just never heard the term "hustle play" used negatively. I think of a hustle play as one that was made because the player hustled so hard, which is a good thing.

Apparently, there's good hustle and "bad hustle" in Minnesota.

Good=Piranhas, Denny Hocking, Henry Blanco, Jason Bartlett, Nick Punto diving into 1B needlessly, Lew Ford, Matthew LeCroy, Cuddyer, Kubel, Koskie, Mientkiewicz, Christian Guzman, Jason Tyner, etc.

Bad=Delmon Young, Alexi Casilla, Orlando Hudson, Nishioka, Valencia

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 23, 2012 -> 01:09 AM)

Good=Piranhas, Denny Hocking, Henry Blanco, Jason Bartlett, Nick Punto diving into 1B needlessly, Lew Ford, Matthew LeCroy, Cuddyer, Kubel, Koskie, Mientkiewicz, Christian Guzman, Jason Tyner, etc.

Bad=Delmon Young, Alexi Casilla, Orlando Hudson, Nishioka, Valencia, Pierzynski

added for correctness.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 23, 2012 -> 03:09 AM)

Bad=Delmon Young, Alexi Casilla, Orlando Hudson, Nishioka, Valencia

You don't get points for obscure name drops

QUOTE (sunofgold @ May 22, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)
Who does he know on the White Sox? How does he know Kenny so well. Did KW follow him around one offseason when he was a free agent ?

Sounds to me that Odawg is a talkative guy. Probably a mix of Thome and

Guillen. Guess Twins organization and media cannot handle that.

They showed about three different shots of him at 1st after his single, and there wasn't a single second where he wasn't talking.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 23, 2012 -> 07:43 AM)
They showed about three different shots of him at 1st after his single, and there wasn't a single second where he wasn't talking.

I have officially decided that I like this guy.

And for some reason I feel like guys with double ear flap helmets look more like baseball players.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 22, 2012 -> 11:25 PM)
I couldn't understand what the f*** he was saying, I needed to play it in slow motion or something

Being a Dodgers fan as well as a Sox fan... I can tell you that Dodgers fans called O-Dog 'SloDog" and couldn't wait for him to leave. *shrug*

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ May 23, 2012 -> 10:21 AM)
Being a Dodgers fan as well as a Sox fan... I can tell you that Dodgers fans called O-Dog 'SloDog" and couldn't wait for him to leave. *shrug*

For what reason? I'm confused on this because every naysayer hasn't quite articulated what he did wrong.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 23, 2012 -> 10:31 AM)
I'm just happy to have an alternate option to "stuck with Brent Morel".

I partially excuse Morel b/c he hasn't been playing healthy and never should have been batting 2nd. However, I think that now it is ODawg's job to lose. Guy is a Gold Glove winner, thus he should at least be average defensively at 3rd. If he can be an average hitter from the ninth spot, that will work.

He might be a little crazy in a good way.

Edited by sunofgold

QUOTE (sunofgold @ May 23, 2012 -> 12:15 PM)
I partially excuse Morel b/c he hasn't been playing healthy and never should have been batting 2nd. However, I think that now it is ODawg's job to lose. Guy is a Gold Glove winner, thus he should at least be average defensively at 3rd. If he can be an average hitter from the ninth spot, that will work.

He might be a little crazy in a good way.

Like Jurassic Carl? I mean, hell, we won a world series with that in the clubhouse...

Edited by Greg Hibbard

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ May 23, 2012 -> 03:21 PM)

Sounds like a Rios type of guy.

Hope he stays just this one season unless he re-learns how to hit.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 23, 2012 -> 01:26 PM)
Sounds like a Rios type of guy.

Hope he stays just this one season unless he re-learns how to hit.

Nothing I know about OH reminds me of Rios. But I'm interested in exactly what the people that don't like him don't like.

All I've heard is "talks too much" -- is there something wrong with what he's saying?

and "gets thrown out 8 times a week making dumb hustle plays" -- what?

It's hard for me to evaluate based on this non-specificity. Maybe it'll be easier for us to like him since this may very well be his first gig with next to 0 expectations.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 23, 2012 -> 07:40 PM)
Nothing I know about OH reminds me of Rios. But I'm interested in exactly what the people that don't like him don't like.

All I've heard is "talks too much" -- is there something wrong with what he's saying?

and "gets thrown out 8 times a week making dumb hustle plays" -- what?

It's hard for me to evaluate based on this non-specificity. Maybe it'll be easier for us to like him since this may very well be his first gig with next to 0 expectations.

I didn't like the line in the story that said he was not any help or not interested in being a help to young players.