Sox sign Orlando Hudson

flavum

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 20, 2012 -> 10:38 PM)
Just don't sign him for next year no matter what.

We don't need to sign him even if he does well. This guy should be on one-year deals the rest of his career.

If he's an asshole do not sign him for more than the rest of this season!

Isn't that what Ozzie was complaining about, only having a one year deal and no future job security?

I don't think anyone has to worry about KW spending money frivolously....we don't have any to spend.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 20, 2012 -> 10:38 PM)
Just don't sign him for next year no matter what.

We don't need to sign him even if he does well. This guy should be on one-year deals the rest of his career.

If he's an asshole do not sign him for more than the rest of this season!

He will only play 2012 with the Sox just like Fukedome his option will not be picked up..

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 20, 2012 -> 10:56 PM)
He will only play 2012 with the Sox just like Fukedome his option will not be picked up..

I'd say that he already has a slightly better chance than Jake Peavy to be a 2013 White Sox. He just has to have a career average year and we'd probably keep him around.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...,0,916724.story

It's rare I agree with Phil Rogers, but I have to agree with him about bringing up Johnson, and releasing Fukudome.

Fukudome really isn't doing anything, he was a cheap gamble, but it's not working out. Escobar doesn't seem to be anything great either, but at least he plays infield ok, and can pinch run better than Fukudome.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ May 21, 2012 -> 09:23 AM)

It's rare I agree with Phil Rogers, but I have to agree with him about bringing up Johnson, and releasing Fukudome.

Fukudome really is doing anything, he was a cheap gamble, but it's not working out. Escobar doesn't seem to be anything great either, but at least he plays infield ok, and can pinch run better than Fukudome.

Can he write an article without mentioning Youk? Damn.

I wonder if Kosuke has any trade value. The backup thing doesn't seem to be working out, but he's been a decent everyday player. Might be a throw-in or net you a real young guy for a team in need of a LF/RF

QUOTE (flavum @ May 21, 2012 -> 09:23 AM)

Fukudome really is doing anything, he was a cheap gamble, but it's not working out. Escobar doesn't seem to be anything great either, but at least he plays infield ok, and can pinch run better than Fukudome.

Fukodome would probably be hitting .300 in Charlotte. Dan Johnson HAS NOT HIT OVER .200 IN THE MAJOR LEAGUES SINCE 2007. If you think he'll be better than Fukudome, you are kidding yourself.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 21, 2012 -> 10:12 AM)
Fukodome would probably be hitting .300 in Charlotte. Dan Johnson HAS NOT HIT OVER .200 IN THE MAJOR LEAGUES SINCE 2007. If you think he'll be better than Fukudome, you are kidding yourself.

He can't be worse. At least he can hit it past the pitcher's mound.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 21, 2012 -> 10:12 AM)

Plus, Johnson is another infielder. If you only have Lillibridge as your backup outfielder with Escobar, Johnson, and Hudson as bench guys you are just asking for trouble.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 21, 2012 -> 10:44 AM)
Plus, Johnson is another infielder. If you only have Lillibridge as your backup outfielder with Escobar, Johnson, and Hudson as bench guys you are just asking for trouble.

You can throw Johnson in the corner outfield. Lillibridge handles himself well in the outfield anywhere. It's covered.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 21, 2012 -> 10:45 AM)
So apparently Hudson is our new starting 3B.

Eh, can't be worse than what we've been running out there, that's for sure!

Hopefully not worse than Morel with a bulging disc in his back.

I don't hate Dan Johnson, but I don't like the idea of having a guy that can only pinch hit and play first base. Really cripples your bench because he can't do anything but hit. He COULD play LF or maybeee 3B but then you're s***ting on your late inning defense. To say Fuku can't hit it past the pitcher's mound is kind of unfair, he's hit better than yesterday and better than his numbers suggest...but he's clearly not accustomed to a bench role. I don't like getting rid of him just yet though, especially when the alternative is so one dimensional.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 21, 2012 -> 10:49 AM)
You can throw Johnson in the corner outfield. Lillibridge handles himself well in the outfield anywhere. It's covered.

Have you seen the outrage around here that Orlando Hudson is going to play 3B when he has never played 3B in the Majors? At least it is still an infield position. Now you want to throw Johnson in the outfield?

And what happens if Lillibridge gets injured? Im cool with Fukudome for now.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 21, 2012 -> 10:26 AM)
Dan Johnson is good for ghost riding Volvo's and hitting random clutch HRs against the Red Sox.

Wasn't there a video of two kids ghost riding for Dan Johnson or some s***? lol

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ May 21, 2012 -> 12:01 PM)
Hudson has hit 5 triples this year so far? His overall numbers are meh, but that's an abnormally high number of triples.

Yes, still got some wheels on him but doesn't steal much.. NL leading 5 tripz.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 20, 2012 -> 04:38 PM)
FWIW my friend says he met ODawg and said he was an asshole.

http://orlandohudson1.com/catch-foundation/

http://www2.scnow.com/news/2011/dec/06/hud...ard-ar-2814287/

http://www2.scnow.com/news/pee-dee/2011/oc...day-ar-2570691/

Those seemingly beg to differ.

When doin some research I also found out that hes an outdoorsman so he should have no problem fitting in with guys like Peavy, Danks and others who are also quite the outdoorsman.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787