Sox sign Orlando Hudson

flavum

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 22, 2012 -> 02:38 PM)
So far, the Sox have repeatedly and explicitly said that this current problem does not require surgery.

Well thats good so it may not be a bad disc.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 22, 2012 -> 03:45 PM)
I don't see why he can't just start tonight.

Probably to let him settle in. Meet the manager, players, and staff. Maybe let RV watch him field some grounders at third. just take it slow and cautious. He might pinch hit or pitch run tonight.

I wanted OH! on this team. Oh wait that was a few years ago. Maybe we can add Odawg to the Better Late Than Never White Sox collection. hmmm Griffey Jr. , Alomar Jr. (both of them), Everett, Vizquel, Thome, Manny, Erstsad, Fu-Ku-do-me

Did we add Figgins to the collection yet? Where in the world is Soriano, Abreu?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 22, 2012 -> 07:16 PM)
Apparently he hasn't covered the Twins the past 200 games.

I heard the segment, he wasn't talking about baseball playing ability. He was saying that O-Dawg is intolerably annoying and that everyone in the Twins organization was thrilled to see him leave.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ May 22, 2012 -> 06:18 PM)
I heard the segment, he wasn't talking about baseball playing ability. He was saying that O-Dawg is intolerably annoying and that everyone in the Twins organization was thrilled to see him leave.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 22, 2012 -> 05:40 PM)
He covered Justin Morneau.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ May 22, 2012 -> 06:18 PM)

The joy of ODog being out of Minneapolis has translated to one of the worst, if not the worst, records in baseball since he left.

Twins being annoyed by the Odog>Twins after Odog leaves

I bet people who pay money to watch the Twins are more annoyed now than when ODog was there.

Not that I think he's a great guy or anything. He might be annoying as hell. I don't think it matters on the field at all.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 22, 2012 -> 07:22 PM)
The joy of ODog being out of Minneapolis has translated to one of the worst, if not the worst, records in baseball since he left.

Twins being annoyed by the Odog>Twins after Odog leaves

I bet people who pay money to watch the Twins are more annoyed now than when ODog was there.

Don't get me wrong, I want him on the team. He's almost certainly an upgrade at 3B (pathetically enough). Just be aware that he probably won't be around long because everyone will want him to play somewhere else.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ May 22, 2012 -> 06:25 PM)
Don't get me wrong, I want him on the team. He's almost certainly an upgrade at 3B (pathetically enough). Just be aware that he probably won't be around long because everyone will want him to play somewhere else.

He's most likely gone after this season if he makes it that long. I don't care if he bothers Alex Rios or Gordon Beckham or Paulie, just as long as he plays better than what we have been seeing at that position. AJ was supposed to be the most annoying player in the history of the world, yet he's lasted a few contracts and 8 seasons, so I don't think its that big of a deal.

I think its more a Twins guy trying to downplay a divison rival perhaps getting better when it looks like they may be toast for a while. If you were a Twins fan, would you care what Cowley had to say about a guy the Twins signed that he found annoying? I bet you a good deal of Twins players find the writer just as annoying.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 22, 2012 -> 08:09 PM)
@AdamHogeCBS Orlando Hudson says other teams offered him more playing time but he's known Ken Williams for a long time and has many friends on #WhiteSox.

Who does he know on the White Sox? How does he know Kenny so well. Did KW follow him around one offseason when he was a free agent ?

Sounds to me that Odawg is a talkative guy. Probably a mix of Thome and

Guillen. Guess Twins organization and media cannot handle that.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 22, 2012 -> 09:33 PM)
I've convinced myself that Hudson's really going to be a positive contributor to the offense. I'm excited to see him get a lot of at bats down in the order.

Same. I'm interested in how someone could have offered Hudson more playing time than us, btw

I appreciate ODA! Batting 1.000 and a run scored. Keep it up dawg! Maybe you will fit well here. You never know.

Did you know that in 2005 ODA and Miguel Batista were trade by Toronto to Arizona for Troy Glaus and Sergio Santos!

Edited by sunofgold

QUOTE (sunofgold @ May 22, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)
Who does he know on the White Sox? How does he know Kenny so well. Did KW follow him around one offseason when he was a free agent ?

Sounds to me that Odawg is a talkative guy. Probably a mix of Thome and

Guillen. Guess Twins organization and media cannot handle that.

He's played with Alex in Toronto and Dunn in AZ, he's a likable guy so I'm sure he's made other friends as well....From what I read hes a big time outdoorsman and I know guys like Danks and Peavy among others are also so I can see why he wants to come here.