Sox @ Cubs 5/20 game thread 1:20 first pitch

If those homers that Flowers and Viciedo ALMOST hit in the late innings would have gone, 23-19 would be sweet.

But we've already lost 5 games in which we've had a blown save, that's going to equal out over the course of a season with Reed as the established guy.

And just when you think Flowers might not be able to stick as the starter next year, he'll rise up and do something to get you to take notice...now he has a leadoff double, out in front but kept his hands back, caught it on the barrel of the bat though.

Has gone from 167 to 222 in one game. Now we just need to get Fukudome, Escobar and Lillibridge over 200, lol.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ May 20, 2012 -> 02:04 PM)
At the time he was way better option than Alexei's April, ended up dropping him for Kyle Seager.

i love fantasy managers who drop good players based off 1 month. dude in a soxtalk league dropped Youkilis for Middlebrooks. Whoops. Just dumb.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 20, 2012 -> 03:07 PM)
i love fantasy managers who drop good players based off 1 month. dude in a soxtalk league dropped Youkilis for Middlebrooks. Whoops. Just dumb.

Alexei's not a great fantasy SS though. He's great when he's hot, but he's awful when he's not.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 20, 2012 -> 02:09 PM)
Alexei's not a great fantasy SS though. He's great when he's hot, but he's awful when he's not.

his numbers at the end of the year put him in the top 10. that's not drop-worthy.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 20, 2012 -> 09:02 PM)
Not like Ozzie.

Well, neither is Konerko. But everyone who plays roto baseball knows him, just like they know Reed, Sale, Santiago, etc. They watch that stuff religiously.

Nice job by Peavy with the bat.

Thing about Dayan, I have him in a league and still don't play him much, at least until a few games into his hot streak. There are a lotta good hitting outfielders out there.

Facing a mediocre lefty was good for DeAza I bet.

Can't hurt his confidence rapping two hits.

This is a White Sox butt kicking right now. Keep it up and keep those grounders coming, Jake.