TalkBulls relaunch Party?

I'm down to do whatever. I've enjoyed the conversation with Soxtalkers on basketball and I'd love to see it grow, be easier to navigate, and get more posters involved.

I've offered plenty of input as to how that could be done, and I'm happy to post my tail off wherever as long as I'm not alone :D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 23, 2012 -> 06:30 PM)
Make it so it's one log-in with Soxtalk.

This was my suggestion earlier in the thread. I think they've thought about it but it would have to be a subforum of Soxtalk, which might involve a burden of work to bring in a new subforum that has a separate layout, etc. not to mention informing everyone at TalkBulls that they must reregister at SoxTalk. Not sure if all those things are possible, though I'd like for them to be

QUOTE (Jake @ May 23, 2012 -> 07:56 PM)
This was my suggestion earlier in the thread. I think they've thought about it but it would have to be a subforum of Soxtalk, which might involve a burden of work to bring in a new subforum that has a separate layout, etc. not to mention informing everyone at TalkBulls that they must reregister at SoxTalk. Not sure if all those things are possible, though I'd like for them to be

There's no one at Talkbulls any more.

Hell, I'm the mod of "Bulls Talk" and I haven't logged in for like 2 months. I used to check it daily (even if I didn't post), but gave up when Balta was just talking to himself (like he referenced earlier in this thread), haha.\

Oh, and yes, I'm down for a re-launch.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 23, 2012 -> 07:57 PM)
There's no one at Talkbulls any more.

I meant that as more of a "just in case" type thing. Probably doesn't really need to happen.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 23, 2012 -> 08:17 PM)
I don't believe this can be done either cheaply or easily.

That was my fear. I honestly know little about this level of web design.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ May 23, 2012 -> 11:44 PM)
Hell, I'm the mod of "Bulls Talk" and I haven't logged in for like 2 months. I used to check it daily (even if I didn't post), but gave up when Balta was just talking to himself (like he referenced earlier in this thread), haha.

lol, I stopped by during the playoffs because the NBA thread frustrated me but no luck...of course.

Ok, it seems we are getting a group of people here which is good. My idea was to target the week of the draft (June 28) as the "big" week. In between now, I think we need to look at finding all of our Bulls fan friends and targeting them to join the site. We also need to put together facebook and twitter pages for the site, and recruit that way putting up content based items to draw people to the board's discussions.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 24, 2012 -> 03:10 PM)
Eliminate the nba and nfl thread here on soxtalk. This would force people here to go to talkbulls and talkbears. Have a catch all for the respected sport on those boards. Boom problem solved, A and J's can be kept for things like hockey, golf, wrestling, mma etc etc.

Yeah. Just make a stickied thread indicating where all NBA, NFL discussion should go.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 24, 2012 -> 02:17 AM)
I don't believe this can be done either cheaply or easily.

I actually think the opposite. All it has to be is a different subforum. IPS should allow for different formatting depending on the board you are on (so just paint everything red and replace Konerko with Rose). Then all you would need is to redirect the domain name (which ST already owns) to that subforum, which is extremely easy.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 24, 2012 -> 06:02 PM)
I actually think the opposite. All it has to be is a different subforum. IPS should allow for different formatting depending on the board you are on (so just paint everything red and replace Konerko with Rose). Then all you would need is to redirect the domain name (which ST already owns) to that subforum, which is extremely easy.

...go on.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 24, 2012 -> 07:02 PM)

Wouldn't it need to be a separate forum? You can't just change the entire color scheme of a message board for every subforum.

The only solution would be to take the entire member profile history of Soxtalk and copy it over to each of the "talk" sites. Even then, you'd still have to continually log-in every time you visit - as the forum cookies would cancel each other out continually.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 24, 2012 -> 06:02 PM)

Fingers crossed

I was hoping this was possible

Problem with attempting that is that Talkbears is actually a functioning, independent site, and a lot of those posters were dragged to our site after their website closed...so closing them down and dragging them here would probably lose a fair amount of those members from that area.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 24, 2012 -> 09:00 PM)
Problem with attempting that is that Talkbears is actually a functioning, independent site, and a lot of those posters were dragged to our site after their website closed...so closing them down and dragging them here would probably lose a fair amount of those members from that area.

That would be ridiculous...my votes still with just delete the nba and nfl catch all threads here which forces those wanting to converse about those sports to go to the respected sites

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 24, 2012 -> 08:00 PM)

Yeah, that website will probably have to be left separate. Maybe make an outside link down where that forum would be. Perhaps you could set up a poll or something at TalkBears to feel out if they'd like to be integrated. I'm not sure if they will or wont. I sure wouldn't force them into it.

• 3 weeks later...