White Sox vs Indians. 3:10 CST

Kyyle23

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (oldsox @ May 26, 2012 -> 08:54 AM)
I'm surprised attendance has not improved.

I'm convinced that if you're coming off multiple bad years, in a northern, open-air park, you're not going to get the attendance until June, no matter how good the team is.

It's just not an easy thing for a lot of people to pick up and go to a game on a whim. It's a big time and money commitment that usually is made days or weeks ahead of time.

Also, I think what they charge for parking is absurd.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 26, 2012 -> 09:03 AM)
I'm convinced that if you're coming off multiple bad years, in a northern, open-air park, you're not going to get the attendance until June, no matter how good the team is.

It's just not an easy thing for a lot of people to pick up and go to a game on a whim. It's a big time and money commitment that usually is made days or weeks ahead of time.

Also, I think what they charge for parking is absurd.

Especially with this Dynamic Pricing model which makes buying tickets the day of the game like paying scalper's prices to sold out games, yet there will be close to 10,000 unsold tickets.

If you're someone who only goes to games a couple of times a year, you are probably not going to be choosing April or May dates well in advance. Way too risky in Chicago.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 26, 2012 -> 09:53 AM)
Especially with this Dynamic Pricing model which makes buying tickets the day of the game like paying scalper's prices to sold out games, yet there will be close to 10,000 unsold tickets.

If you're someone who only goes to games a couple of times a year, you are probably not going to be choosing April or May dates well in advance. Way too risky in Chicago.

The dynamic pricing has kept me from going to games. My ability to be in Illinois was rather unscripted so while I'd love to just decide to drive up to Chicago and see a game, the ticket always costs a fortune.

Look at the Sox attendance historically and they've never drawn in April/May when they weren't very good the season before. Unfortunately for them most of their choice home games are early in the season which is one of the reasons I'm sure they had such a drastic payroll cut. As far as attendance goes, this year is all about shoring up and growing the season ticket base some in what remains a very tough economic climate.

Peavy has pitched pretty much lights out this season, and Cleveland is down three guys who usually mash vs. the Sox. So he should be good.

It's all a matter of can the Sox get to Lowe early before the sinker starts sinking good. Gotta get it up. If they're pounding it into the ground early it's gonna be a long day....

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 26, 2012 -> 10:25 AM)
Look at the Sox attendance historically and they've never drawn in April/May when they weren't very good the season before. Unfortunately for them most of their choice home games are early in the season which is one of the reasons I'm sure they had such a drastic payroll cut. As far as attendance goes, this year is all about shoring up and growing the season ticket base some in what remains a very tough economic climate.

Sox fans seem to do a good job showing up when we're really in it. We just have to [stay] in it. If we don't make a playoff run, I don't expect attendance to be good. That's what happens when you rebuild, so I'm sure the Sox are prepared for either outcome.

QUOTE (Cali @ May 26, 2012 -> 11:02 AM)
Peavy has pitched pretty much lights out this season, and Cleveland is down three guys who usually mash vs. the Sox. So he should be good.

It's all a matter of can the Sox get to Lowe early before the sinker starts sinking good. Gotta get it up. If they're pounding it into the ground early it's gonna be a long day....

Dunn in particular seems to do a very good job of getting a big shot off of starters before they're sharp in the first inning.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 26, 2012 -> 09:28 AM)
Dunn in particular seems to do a very good job of getting a big shot off of starters before they're sharp in the first inning.

Let's hope De Aza and Beckham are both on for that blast.