Rays vs White Sox 12:10 CST

Kyyle23

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ May 30, 2012 -> 03:25 PM)
Thanks. So he is not necessarily hurt but removed as a precautionary measure, at least as far as we know right now?

I assume the reason for the potential intent would be retribution for the AJ spiking in game 1?

Possible knee injuries to a guy who heavily relies on his legs is very worrisome. Alejandro had a major leg injury before, we don't need that again.

Thanks. So he is not necessarily hurt but removed as a precautionary measure, at least as far as we know right now?

I assume the reason for the potential intent would be retribution for the AJ spiking in game 1?

He was in a lot of pain. Hopefully just a bad bruise.

There was a bit of a beanballish war that happened today. Gordo got his with an 0-2 pitch in the first, probably not on purpose. AJ got drilled in the back, totally on purpose. After that Zobrist had a pitch thrown behind him, with the starting pitcher Quintana ejected without a warning.

The DeAza play came after all of that.

No word as of yet to the extent of the injury, but it didn't appear to be serious.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 30, 2012 -> 03:31 PM)
There was a bit of a beanballish war that happened today. Gordo got his with an 0-2 pitch in the first, probably not on purpose. AJ got drilled in the back, totally on purpose. After that Zobrist had a pitch thrown behind him, with the starting pitcher Quintana ejected without a warning.

No word as of yet to the extent of the injury, but it didn't appear to be serious.

Derrick Rose. Never forget.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 30, 2012 -> 03:33 PM)
Rose appeared to be serious right away. It was an obvious ACL/MCL injury.

If ADA really had an ACL type injury from this...I'd have seen it all.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 30, 2012 -> 03:31 PM)

Thanks. Y'all are awesome. I can go back to half assing it at work now.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 30, 2012 -> 04:45 PM)
That is a passionate Sox fan right there.

I think Wimpy feared for his safety. I would love to hear him on the plane ride home.

Quintana with some major points today.

major points for what? being a b****?

AJP took a cheap shot at Zobrist and got hit for it. That should be end of story. Man up and take it and move on.

Beckham wasnt hit on purpose. Who plunks someone when the count is 0-2, especially when that hitter wasnt part of the problem? No one does.

When did baseball become full of pansy players?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 30, 2012 -> 04:27 PM)
They already hit AJ for that. The Rays were trying intimidation for today's game to give them an edge and it turned out scoring more runs than your opponent was actually how you win.

Rays trying for intimidation? lol

How is a team trying to be the ones intimidating teams when they get even for a cheap shot and then get a ball throw behind one of their batters?

Ease up on the emotions and take a step back and actually look at what happened.

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ May 30, 2012 -> 08:25 PM)
I didn't see it but that would seem pretty risky to do on purpose (if you miss, the ball is in CF).

QUOTE (zenryan @ May 30, 2012 -> 09:55 PM)

How is a team trying to be the ones intimidating teams when they get even for a cheap shot and then get a ball throw behind one of their batters?

Ease up on the emotions and take a step back and actually look at what happened.

1.) Maybe risky, but not really from my sightlines. He gunned it right at DeAza. Like target practice. Gunned it right in his direction like one of those games at the carnival.

2.) Easy. They already retaliated earlier!!! They were definitely trying to win with intimidation, throwing the ball at a baserunner. Sick. His comment was not emotional. You look at what happened. Explain throwing the ball at DeAza after all had been "settled."

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 30, 2012 -> 06:01 PM)
1.) Maybe risky, but not really from my sightlines. He gunned it right at DeAza. Like target practice. Gunned it right in his direction like one of those games at the carnival.

2.) Easy. They already retaliated earlier!!! They were definitely trying to win with intimidation, throwing the ball at a baserunner. Sick. His comment was not emotional. You look at what happened. Explain throwing the ball at DeAza after all had been "settled."

Yes because a team is down 4-3 with runners on first and second and no outs and three out away from getting swept is going to take the chance on missing De Aza and putting runners on 2nd and 3rd for Dunn-Konerko-Rios. But it must have been intentional because ESPN's version of Max Mercy said so.

Settled? It was and then Quintana threw behind Zobrist. But TB is the ones trying to intimidate their opponents...

QUOTE (zenryan @ May 30, 2012 -> 10:12 PM)
Yes because a team is down 4-3 with runners on first and second and no outs and three out away from getting swept is going to take the chance on missing De Aza and putting runners on 2nd and 3rd for Dunn-Konerko-Rios. But it must have been intentional because ESPN's version of Max Mercy said so.

Settled? It was and then Quintana threw behind Zobrist. But TB is the ones trying to intimidate their opponents...

I don't know how you can watch the play and not come to the conclusion it was intentional. He gunned it right at him in his path back to the base.

Quintana's pitch to Zobrist was laughably bad. Zobrist laughed.

Edited by greg775

There's a chance that it was intentional, but only due to the game situation. People make bad throws all the time, you'll probably see one of our pitchers do that exact thing at some point.

QUOTE (zenryan @ May 30, 2012 -> 04:55 PM)

Take a shot at that yourself. They didn't even throw at Zobrist, but still sent the message that you can't throw at our guys.