Game Thread: TOR @ CHW, 6/6/12, 7:10pm

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am so excited to go to the game tonite. First time in 12 years(yes, you read that right. 12) that i have been to a game at the Cell. The last time I went, Cal Eldred started against the indians, and the Sox won 5-3 behind Thomas and Valentin homers.

And some people might remember this: Jim Thome was up to bat for the Indians, and he hit a pop up around third a mile high. Herbert Perry ran to make the catch and tripped and fell flat on his face, and the ball fell foul. Jim Thome hit the next pitch 3/4 the way up the former hideous blue hitters backdrop. By far the longest homerun i have ever seen in person

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 03:27 PM)
i am so excited to go to the game tonite. First time in 12 years(yes, you read that right. 12) that i have been to a game at the Cell. The last time I went, Cal Eldred started against the indians, and the Sox won 5-3 behind Thomas and Valentin homers.

And some people might remember this: Jim Thome was up to bat for the Indians, and he hit a pop up around third a mile high. Herbert Perry ran to make the catch and tripped and fell flat on his face. Jim Thome hit the next pitch 3/4 the way up the former hideous blue hitters backdrop. By far the longest homerun i have ever seen in person

Oh yeah, I remember that one.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 03:27 PM)

And some people might remember this: Jim Thome was up to bat for the Indians, and he hit a pop up around third a mile high. Herbert Perry ran to make the catch and tripped and fell flat on his face, and the ball fell foul. Jim Thome hit the next pitch 3/4 the way up the former hideous blue hitters backdrop. By far the longest homerun i have ever seen in person

Wow, 12 years. That's a long time to not go to a game.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 03:30 PM)
Wow, 12 years. That's a long time to not go to a game.

I saw them at Wrigley in 05 in the first game of the crosstown series. Freddy Garcia started, Crede and Dye homered.

Its just been a long time since I have had the time and money to go.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 02:51 PM)
Bravo to Robin! If your catchers are both among your nine best hitters, then find a way to get them both in the lineup.

I might have gone with Dunn at 1B since he has more experience, but then having Flowers in the field prevents you from losing your DH if something happens to AJ and you have to move him behind the plate.

There ya go. And I agree, glad to see Flowers get more AB's when the opportunity presents itself. They need to know if this guy is ready to start in 2013.

That said... it does seem like Lillibridge hasn't seen enough playing time.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 01:32 PM)
I saw them at Wrigley in 05 in the first game of the crosstown series. Freddy Garcia started, Crede and Dye homered.

Its just been a long time since I have had the time and money to go.

2000 and 2005 have a few things in common...

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 04:27 PM)

I remember this and I was 13 at the time!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 02:27 PM)

I remember a very similar thing happening to Joe Crede dropping a Manny Ramirez foul ball and then Manny depositing the next pitch into the stratosphere.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 04:40 PM)
I remember a very similar thing happening to Joe Crede dropping a Manny Ramirez foul ball and then Manny depositing the next pitch into the stratosphere.

I was at that game. It was tied in the top of the 9th when it happened, Manny's homer won the game. It was a line drive that left the field in 0.25 seconds.

What did we do before baseballreference.com?

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 03:25 PM)
Are Lilli's days numbered?

Everybody's days are numbered. I don't think Lillibridge is going anywhere, but he really hasn't shown this coaching staff anything offensively. He is a great pinch runner, and a decent defensive replacement, which is probably where his career is headed.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 07:07 PM)
Methinks the Quintana run of excellence ends tonight. He's due for a clunker...

He hasn't even started his run of excellence!

Actually, I fear for him every time he goes out. This guy has zero stuff, lol