Soriano

rowand's rowdies

QUOTE (quickman @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 05:05 AM)
Rock he is playing on one leg and needs to go to the A league to be a DH. Cleveland makes a ton of sense as I believe Hafner is out. The reason I am responding to you is your avatar. I just want to keep watching it.

But coming back right after the All-Star break, plus they're going to want to rotate Sizemore in and out when he comes back from his injuries in the 2nd half, so they would be much more likely to go after Quentin and stick him in LF because Johnny Damon's close to the end of his rope.

Quentin, Brantley, Choo, Santana, Hafner, Kipnis, Cabrera, Hannahan/Chisenhall....that's a better offense than ours. Throw in Sizemore as well.

Throughout the duration of Ozzie Guillen's career, shortstop was never really a problem, so the idea of him coming out of retirement and playing a little bit was never really discussed. Beyond that, his strength - defense - wouldn't have been much use even if he'd have had half the range he did simply because that was and has been the strength of the SS position within the White Sox organization for about the past 10 years.

But Ventura playing a bit of 3B? I'd prefer that more than the White Sox trading for Alfonso Soriano.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 02:52 AM)
I feel that he's gotten a free pass all year. He's been just awful.

Even his defense has been subpar. He must've found himself a crazy piece of ass that's taking up all his concentration.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 08:37 AM)
Even his defense has been subpar. He must've found himself a crazy piece of ass that's taking up all his concentration.

How has his defense been subpar? He's generally hit like s***, but his defense is still plus to great and he's still driving in a lot of runs. Not worried about Ramirez.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 10:47 AM)
How has his defense been subpar? He's generally hit like s***, but his defense is still plus to great and he's still driving in a lot of runs. Not worried about Ramirez.

Still the same basic issues. Occasional mental lapse (see the Alexei in a rundown while the runner scores from third play a couple weeks ago), solid range, still seems to play too far in the hole toward 3b and leaves a gap open up the middle (3 singles off Quintana went that way yesterday).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 12:38 PM)
Still the same basic issues. Occasional mental lapse (see the Alexei in a rundown while the runner scores from third play a couple weeks ago), solid range, still seems to play too far in the hole toward 3b and leaves a gap open up the middle (3 singles off Quintana went that way yesterday).

Twice in the same week now he has forgotten about a runner at third in a run down and allowed him to score.

The defensive positioning isn't his fault, that is all on the bench.