6/17 Games

flavum

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jun 17, 2012 -> 08:09 PM)
Leesman has been really, really good the last few games.

Makes me wonder if Thornton gets traded, if Leesman gets a crack at the bullpen for the Sox?

Lefties hit him pretty good unfortunately. Heath is the guy who seems like he could help the roster against righties.

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 03:09 AM)
Leesman has been really, really good the last few games.

Makes me wonder if Thornton gets traded, if Leesman gets a crack at the bullpen for the Sox?

Isn't Veal pitching pretty well too?

You've also got Heath, and then Santos Rodriguez has been pitching much better for BIRM. Scouts have always loved Santos' potential/stuff/frame.

Leesman doesn't seem like he stands much of a chance.

Jared Mitchell is a couple more bad ballgames away from being a .250ish hitter in the Southern League All-Star game. Viciedo-like streaky this season.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jun 17, 2012 -> 09:02 PM)
49 RBIs for Thompson on the season, which is good for 3rd in the league, despite a hopeless .217 avg, pretty much an amazing feat.

That's what happens when you usually bat 3rd/4th and lead the league in extra bases. Adam Dunn-esque

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 17, 2012 -> 08:47 PM)
Definitely fun when the 9th place hitter you've never heard of, who is hitting sub .200 with 0 HR's on the year, has a 2 HR game.

Did you go last night? What'd you think of Castro? I really wasn't impressed. He was by no means bad, but I never once thought "this guy is special." Then again, I'm not known for my scouting abilities! ...and those HRs were absolutely crushed!

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 08:34 AM)
Did you go last night? What'd you think of Castro? I really wasn't impressed. He was by no means bad, but I never once thought "this guy is special." Then again, I'm not known for my scouting abilities! ...and those HRs were absolutely crushed!

Yeah, I don't know where that first one landed. Jonathan Gaston. Anyone know anything?

I added comments and photos to people's AAP pages, including Castro. Hit up there if you want to see comments on him. Wasn't watching Verlander, but looked like he had everything together to be a solid big league pitcher.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 09:47 AM)
Yeah, I don't know where that first one landed. Jonathan Gaston. Anyone know anything?

I added comments and photos to people's AAP pages, including Castro. Hit up there if you want to see comments on him. Wasn't watching Verlander, but looked like he had everything together to be a solid big league pitcher.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 23, 2012 -> 09:09 PM)
The White Sox bought the contract of OF Jon Gaston from Fargo-Moorhead. Former Astros farmhand, big year in the California League in 2009, only 25, typical power hitter with lots of K's and a mediocre average. Likely going to B'ham, Jon Gilmore was put on the DL today.