2012-2013 Official NHL thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TomSeaverFan @ Mar 3, 2013 -> 04:26 PM)
Is this Blackhawk team the best potentially in NHL history?

Gotta have a cup win before we can talk about that. Besides their point streak is still 7 games short of the all time record of 35 (Hawks have 22 this year, plus 6 last year).

This has been a very exciting run, they haven't lost in regulation in the regular season for 344 days. Hawks are also something like 31-2-7 since the Oduya trade. I just hope they can keep this up and stay this dominate thru the playoffs.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Mar 3, 2013 -> 09:17 PM)
This has been a very exciting run, they haven't lost in regulation in the regular season for 344 days. Hawks are also something like 31-2-7 since the Oduya trade. I just hope they can keep this up and stay this dominate thru the playoffs.

Hopefully Oduya does better in the playoffs this year than last year. As good as he has been in the regular season, he was awful vs. Phoenix.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 3, 2013 -> 08:25 PM)
Hopefully Oduya does better in the playoffs this year than last year. As good as he has been in the regular season, he was awful vs. Phoenix.

Yeah, I don't think he was completely in sync with the rest of the team, compared to where he is at this year, especially with Hammer.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Mar 3, 2013 -> 09:17 PM)

At the end of the day, the playoffs are all that matters.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2013 -> 06:45 AM)
At the end of the day, the playoffs are all that matters.

Absolutely, but a streak like this is a good sign. They are handling the pressure really well, and I can't see any teams looking forward to playing them in the playoffs.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Mar 4, 2013 -> 08:57 AM)
Absolutely, but a streak like this is a good sign. They are handling the pressure really well, and I can't see any teams looking forward to playing them in the playoffs.

Well, it can be easy to overlook teams in the East, especially this year. Assuming they get that far, Boston and Pitt aren't going to back down from anyone. Based on recent history, I don't think Edmonton in the West will be intimidated, either.

What's even more crazy though is that the Hawks haven't lost a "hockey game" yet. All of their OT losses have come in shootouts.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 4, 2013 -> 09:57 AM)
Blackhawks are doing everything well, except for when they put Carcillo on the top line. I just don't get that.

I concur. Q has an infatuation with Carcillo on the top line. It's not like Saad hasn't been holding his own up there either.

If Carcillo plays, he should be on the 4th line. Although I'm not even sure about that.

I guess it's a good thing if a teams biggest problem is figuring out the final roster spot for the 4th line.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 4, 2013 -> 10:37 AM)
Carcillo is the worst forward on the team, and it's not even close. The guy is clueless out there, and I'm still pissed they originally signed him, and that they for some reason keep bringing him back.

Plus you can tell he's not 100%. He just looks so slow out there. I know he's not the fastest guy to begin with, but you can tell he's slower than usual.

Stop. Playing. On. Top. Line.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 4, 2013 -> 12:41 PM)
Plus you can tell he's not 100%. He just looks so slow out there. I know he's not the fastest guy to begin with, but you can tell he's slower than usual.

Stop. Playing. On. Top. Line.

I don't know if you all noticed it, but during the Columbus game, towards the end, Saad was on the top line. Here's what I think is happening...Carcillo is on the top line when the Blackhawks don't need offense, but do need protection for Toews and Hossa. BUT, when the 'hawks do need offensive, Q goes into juggling mode and whoop, there goes Saad to the top line.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Mar 4, 2013 -> 01:28 PM)
I don't know if you all noticed it, but during the Columbus game, towards the end, Saad was on the top line. Here's what I think is happening...Carcillo is on the top line when the Blackhawks don't need offense, but do need protection for Toews and Hossa. BUT, when the 'hawks do need offensive, Q goes into juggling mode and whoop, there goes Saad to the top line.

He had Carcillo on the top line yesterday when they were losing 1-0 in the third period.

He doesn't protect anyone. He takes stupid penalties.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Mar 4, 2013 -> 01:38 PM)
He had Carcillo on the top line yesterday when they were losing 1-0 in the third period.

He doesn't protect anyone. He takes stupid penalties.

Q also dressed 7 defensemen. I'm not saying every time...I just noticed it in the Blue Jackets game.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Mar 4, 2013 -> 01:47 PM)
Q also dressed 7 defensemen. I'm not saying every time...I just noticed it in the Blue Jackets game.

I thought the 7 defense men thing was weird too. Maybe cause Bolland is still out.

Like I said though, this is all nitpicking cause they haven't lost a game 5 years.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Mar 4, 2013 -> 01:28 PM)

Maybe. Dont need Carcillo out there though. You can add in someone like Mayers who actually does some things well.