2012-2013 Official NHL thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kings have been bad on the road in the playoffs. Hawks just carrying the play to this point.

I'm glad the Hawks got by the Red Wings. The Wings played some dirty hockey that they seemed to get away with for the most part holding sticks, slashes and cross checks away from the play. Kings play it cleaner. And it was a redirect by Hossa on Keith's shot.

I love watching the media spin Crosby into being some tough guy at times. He confronts Rask after the second, jabs him and gives him a little push and when Chara comes over he runs his mouth from behind a ref.

Punk move to cut off a goalie on his way to the locker room and confront him.

While this was a one goal game on the scoreboard, the Hawks thoroughly dominated in all facets. If this game is any indication of how the rest of the games are going to go, I think we're in pretty good shape.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jun 1, 2013 -> 08:56 PM)
While this was a one goal game on the scoreboard, the Hawks thoroughly dominated in all facets. If this game is any indication of how the rest of the games are going to go, I think we're in pretty good shape.

I agree, could've easily been 4-0 with the same type of effort. Kane is so close to breaking out and Saad is due. Great game all around, the Hawks controlled the tempo for most of the game.

Good to see Boston win, I hate Pittsburgh. They took away home ice and can win the series in 6 if they take care of their games at home.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Jun 1, 2013 -> 10:05 PM)
I agree, could've easily been 4-0 with the same type of effort. Kane is so close to breaking out and Saad is due. Great game all around, the Hawks controlled the tempo for most of the game.

Good to see Boston win, I hate Pittsburgh. They took away home ice and can win the series in 6 if they take care of their games at home.

Yea. If it wasn't for Quick bailing their asses out all the time, this would have been a blowout. That guy is a stud.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jun 1, 2013 -> 09:56 PM)

I was this confident after game 1 of the Detroit series and that didn't go as smoothly. I won't be ready to concede to Jon Quick until that 4th win buzzer sounds.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 2, 2013 -> 01:32 AM)
I'd normally agree, because I hate Boston fans in every sport, but I really do fear the Pens. Boston doesn't scare me for whatever reason.

Yes, in hockey terms this is true.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 1, 2013 -> 09:46 PM)
I love watching the media spin Crosby into being some tough guy at times. He confronts Rask after the second, jabs him and gives him a little push and when Chara comes over he runs his mouth from behind a ref.

Punk move to cut off a goalie on his way to the locker room and confront him.

He's lucky Chara didn't beat his ass. If I am Chara, I take the five minutes of Crosby off of the ice, and go with him. Boston wins that everytime, especially with Malkin already out for fighting Bergeron.

You conveniently left out:

Penguins O > Bruins O. And actually, with a healthy Crosby...Penguins O > Hawks O.

But it doesn't matter. The Penguins are the more talented team. Period. Doesn't mean Boston won't beat the Penguins, but if the Hawks can advance, they'd beat Boston more times out of 100 than they would the Penguins out of a 100.

If you're strictly looking from a Hawks perspective, you hope Boston pulls the upset.

If you are looking from a Goliath vs Goliath with the potential to possibly one of the best Stanley Cup Final series in the past 20 years, you hope Penguins win the series. But, lowers the chance the Hawks win.