2012-2013 Official NHL thread

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 09:38 PM)
We should immediately punch marshand in the mouth to make it 4 on 4.

Can't let your emotions take over.

Punch Chara in the face...if you can reach

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hawks stunk tonight. Was really hoping we coulda kept home ice advantage and won the series that way. Game Two was such a big loss. Game Four is everything. I don't think Hawks can come back from 3-1 a second time against another good team.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 09:50 PM)
Ugh. No way to feel good about this or even the series at this point.

It's still early, win game 4 and you are back in control of the series. But like I said earlier, hopefully Hossa is OK because missing him changes everything.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 04:15 PM)
I have no idea what Quenneville's issues are with Stalberg ( effort , not enough hitting) but am glad he is back in there. The Hawks advantage is speed and playing Bollig was playing into Boston's hand. Having Handzus and Bollig playing key roles is suspect. Go with the guys who got you to this point and stick with them. The game 2 loss is squarely on Coach Q especially after 3 OT's and having fresh legs like Stalberg's available.

Handzus 0 for 10 on face offs .

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 10:09 PM)
It's still early, win game 4 and you are back in control of the series. But like I said earlier, hopefully Hossa is OK because missing him changes everything.

Unfortunately, he's been missing for a while now, which has been his m.o. in the playoffs most of his career.

As good as the Hawks have been overall this season, their two consistent weaknesses, faceoffs and the power play, are killing them in this series. Frankly, I don't see how you can reasonably expect dramatic and sudden improvement in those two areas at this late point, and I fear they will cost them The Cup. The team is going to have to really step it up in other departments to overcome them.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 09:27 AM)
Unfortunately, he's been missing for a while now, which has been his m.o. in the playoffs most of his career.

Yeah, ok, except for the fact that he's tied for the team lead in points in this playoffs.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 09:30 AM)
Yeah, ok, except for the fact that he's tied for the team lead in points in this playoffs.

A truly elite regular season scorer needs to be more than just his team's tallest midget. His career playoff point totals are down more than 20% from his regular season numbers. Even accounting for tighter playoff contests, that's a big drop. To me, he has seemed hard to find out there on a lot of his shifts. I'm frustrated, obviously, after last night, but he needs to play in the Finals and play better than he has.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 09:46 AM)
A truly elite regular season scorer needs to be more than just his team's tallest midget. His career playoff point totals are down more than 20% from his regular season numbers. Even accounting for tighter playoff contests, that's a big drop. To me, he has seemed hard to find out there on a lot of his shifts. I'm frustrated, obviously, after last night, but he needs to play in the Finals and play better than he has.

We're dealing with the current version of Marian Hossa. He's not now nor will he ever be again the sprightly young chap that lit the league up for 192 points in 162 games over his first two seasons with the "we don't care about defense Thrashers".

His 15 points in 19 playoff games (0.79 ppg) is actually higher than his regular season (31/40 - .775 ppg).

Given the Blackhawks have played formidable goaltenders and neutral zone trappy teams like the Wild, Kings, and Bruins - while facing a surprisingly stellar Jimmy Howard in the other series - I'd say he's been the least of our worries.

Actually, I'll go ahead and say while providing stellar defensive play as one of the league's top two-way forwards while leading our team in points, he's been our best player.

But you're right. No big deal.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 09:52 AM)
We're dealing with the current version of Marian Hossa. He's not now nor will he ever be again the sprightly young chap that lit the league up for 192 points in 162 games over his first two seasons with the "we don't care about defense Thrashers".

His 15 points in 19 playoff games (0.79 ppg) is actually higher than his regular season (31/40 - .775 ppg).

Given the Blackhawks have played formidable goaltenders and neutral zone trappy teams like the Wild, Kings, and Bruins - while facing a surprisingly stellar Jimmy Howard in the other series - I'd say he's been the least of our worries.

Actually, I'll go ahead and say while providing stellar defensive play as one of the league's top two-way forwards while leading our team in points, he's been our best player.

But you're right. No big deal.

Eh, those numbers are basically equal and only because, by his standards, he had a pretty down regular season.

I claim only my opinion, not that its gospel, and I certainly don't believe Hossa is close to our biggest worry, unless he is really hurt bad and misses more games. I do think both Sharp and even Kane have played better, despite all three of them having equal points. But like I said, we need Hossa to play.

We looked hesitant at times, almost confused last night. There was a moment where Toews and Rozi both were standing stationary over the puck in our own zone just waiting for a Bruin player to come in and hit them. We are a puck possession, puck movement team that at times seems to be giving up the puck and then standing still.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 11:29 AM)
Eh, those numbers are basically equal and only because, by his standards, he had a pretty down regular season.

I claim only my opinion, not that its gospel, and I certainly don't believe Hossa is close to our biggest worry, unless he is really hurt bad and misses more games. I do think both Sharp and even Kane have played better, despite all three of them having equal points. But like I said, we need Hossa to play.

Hossa is the least of this team's problems. The Captain is completely invisible and Kane's contributions have primarily consisted of dancing into three defenders and losing the puck. These are your supposed to be your best players and they are zeros right now. At least Hossa, even if his scoring is down compared to the regular season (don't ignore the fact that he is also 34 years old).