2012-2013 Official NHL thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rewatching the game...

Seabrooks block in the 1st on their first PP was huge....That seemed like a given goal with the breakdown in the penalty killing & Seabrook took one for the team.

Could have easily been 2-0.....Hell that 1st period they could have been up about 4-0. Crawford & the Defenders were unbelievable.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 10:28 AM)
SI stated that the Blackhawks saved hockey.

This post season cemented that cover story.

If you are a true hockey fan, that series had to get your jets going.

That ending was absolutely stunning.

With the manner in which points/goals are scored in hockey and one's inability to control the clock via a stall in soccer, there is no comparison as to how to end a game like that.

The injury list of players is incredible.

All of the anointed "stars" of the NHL have fewer Cups than Toews and Kane. Wondering if the NHL marketing department is scrambling...I'm doubting it. Oh and Brandon Bollig now has won more Stanley Cups than Alex Ovechkin, Steve Stamkos, and the Sedin Sisters.

All of the anointed "stars" of the NHL have fewer Cups than Toews and Kane. Wondering if the NHL marketing department is scrambling...I'm doubting it. Oh and Brandon Bollig now has won more Stanley Cups than Alex Ovechkin, Steve Stamkos, and the Sedin Sisters.

Yea the NHL is probably reeling from the fact that two of the top five jersey sellers in the league have won two Cups in four years. The league is loving this.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 04:36 PM)
Yea the NHL is probably reeling from the fact that two of the top five jersey sellers in the league have won two Cups in four years. The league is loving this.

(And that's with Crosby getting his name on the cup in 2009 and Los Angeles and Boston, which are somewhat major metro areas, sandwiched in there as well).

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 01:35 PM)
Wow. Very cool!

Yes, I am very happy!

We alternate years with Majestic for the tee and I did the one in '09 when the Penguins won, so we didn't have it when the Hawks last won, and I thought I would never get the chance again.

QUOTE (MEANS @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 12:08 PM)
I got to design the locker room t-shirt that they received last night, first time my favorite team won when I had the locker room design. What a great feeling!

Cool. How many are you passing around here? Lol

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 04:48 PM)
Anyone going to the parade? Thinking about going but not sure how to go about it, logistically speaking

Meh. I'm an adult. The view will be better on the highlights from tv.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 04:54 PM)
Meh. I'm an adult. The view will be better on the highlights from tv.

I did both, which worked well. I was able to watch the whole thing go right down the street outside my building before the route "started" so it wasn't very crowded, then watched the rest of the parade and the rally on the TV.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 01:44 PM)
That was, seriously, the most ridiculous end to a sports game I have ever seen. That type of amazing, clutch s*** just does not happen. Geoff Blum previously held the "omg that just happened" play of my lifetime, and that has now been handed over to the tandem of Bickell and Bolland. Twenty four undefeated games to start the season combined with the ridiculous comeback against the hated Red Wings AND the downing of the "unstoppable" Jonathan Quick and Tuuka Rask = best.season.ever.

Eat s***, Bruins. See you turds on Friday.

Very true. That's why this is so sweet. The history of Chicago sports that the media brings up a lot has not often included something like this. That's one of the greatest late-game performances in sports history, stealing that game, for sure. And our team did it. That is so sweet.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 05:56 PM)
Bill Wirtz can rot in hell.

Damn. What's up with that?

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 06:39 PM)
Rewatching the game...

Seabrooks block in the 1st on their first PP was huge....That seemed like a given goal with the breakdown in the penalty killing & Seabrook took one for the team.

Could have easily been 2-0.....Hell that 1st period they could have been up about 4-0. Crawford & the Defenders were unbelievable.

Seabrook is a good hockey player. I love watching that guy play.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 06:44 AM)
That was, seriously, the most ridiculous end to a sports game I have ever seen. That type of amazing, clutch s*** just does not happen. Geoff Blum previously held the "omg that just happened" play of my lifetime, and that has now been handed over to the tandem of Bickell and Bolland. Twenty four undefeated games to start the season combined with the ridiculous comeback against the hated Red Wings AND the downing of the "unstoppable" Jonathan Quick and Tuuka Rask = best.season.ever.

Eat s***, Bruins. See you turds on Friday.

I am still in shock, it was epic. After the Lucic goal I was just hoping for a tie to take it to OT, then Bicks scores right as Crow comes off the ice. The Bolland goal was simply shocking. Those 58.3 seconds could not tick off fast enough. I am still giddy 24 hours later.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 07:25 PM)
I am still in shock, it was epic. After the Lucic goal I was just hoping for a tie to take it to OT, then Bicks scores right as Crow comes off the ice. The Bolland goal was simply shocking. Those 58.3 seconds could not tick off fast enough. I am still giddy 24 hours later.

I was just thinking, how often do you see both goaltenders pulled at the end of the same game?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 25, 2013 -> 06:44 PM)
I was just thinking, how often do you see both goaltenders pulled at the end of the same game?

Yeah and literally within less than a minute of each other. How many teams have won a decisive game for a championship when losing with under 1:30 left?

and who the hell chooses the 3 stars? Lucic the #1 star, lol, should've been Chara.