2012-2013 Official NHL thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 11:03 PM)
This series will go 7 games with about 12 hockey games worth of periods being played.

Hmm, I wonder what the record is for game time / real time in a 7 game series. Do they even keep those type of records?

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 02:19 AM)
I wouldn't call fans in Chicago who hope the Blackhawks win it all "bandwagon" fans. It's not like someone who lives in California their whole life and likes the Yankees.

I admittedly am a fair weather fan, if that's the same thing.

I'm a fair weather Hawks fan, too. But I grew up a diehard with season tickets for many years.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 16, 2013 -> 01:03 AM)
The only bad thing about that period is for as much as they dominated Boston, they are only up one. That has to give Boston something to fall back on.

I thought we were in big trouble when it was 1-1 because the Hawks coulda/shoulda been up BIG. I was amazed at all the opportunities Boston had in the second half of the third and the OT. If we play like that and they play like that in Boston, we're gonna get blown out of at least one of the next 2 games.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 08:38 PM)
Chara slashes about every shift never called. Growing tired of having goals taken away by officials last 2 series. Tonights call was a killer.

The League has long had a practice of letting questionable play slide in the postseason, particularly by elite players. In 2010, it was Chris Pronger. But there are blown calls on both sides of the ice—I'm sure you wouldn't have to look hard to find a Red Sox board where they're complaining about Marchand not getting a penalty shot or even a power play when Seabrook thwarted his breakaway.

As big a Hawks fan as I am, Zdeno Chara and the Bruins are by and large above board. They compete and play hard, there is no quit in their game. But I wouldn't call them dirty. Boston was the better team tonight and won fair and square.

Did the officials take a goal away? Yes. This whole 'intent to blow the whistle' jurisdiction leaves far too much room for interpretation for referees, and these calls almost always are game-changers. It is a rule that has to go. Either you blow the whistle or you don't. But if the Blackhawks were better, they'd have found a way to win.

Be that as it may, there was plenty of time to hang another on the board and with two power plays and the caliber of players the Hawks have, they didn't get it done. The no-goal deflated the Hawks, and Boston had the jump on them for most of the rest of the game.

I'm worried about that a hell of a lot more than I am about Chara's stick. Can the Hawks keep their foot on the gas?

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 02:45 PM)
Chicago fans are bandwagoners that don't know anything about hockey, unlike Bostonians, says AP piece

Jesus Christ, can we make our off-day fluff a little less insulting?

What does bandwagoners mean in the real world? Do they get locked out of the stadium? Owners are more than happy to get revenue from bandwagoners.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 11:12 AM)
It's on a very, very exclusive channel. In fact, I'll bet you a hefty sum of money you won't find it.

Also, go re-read the past 10 pages of the thread because we're not going through this again.

Why would I want to waste time doing this on a site that doesn't give the team it's own thread. There's a Cubs thread but no BH thread. Unbelievable unless we are devoting threads to perpetual losers. The Hawks don't qualify while the Sox and Cubs do.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jun 16, 2013 -> 11:47 PM)
What does bandwagoners mean in the real world? Do they get locked out of the stadium? Owners are more than happy to get revenue from bandwagoners.

I'm not saying this about anyone on here, but I know hockey fans that are so protective of their sport. I don't get it. Wouldn't you want new fans?

I can watch and pull for the Hawks since I live in Chicago and hope they win, despite not really liking hockey.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 12:51 AM)
Why would I want to waste time doing this on a site that doesn't give the team it's own thread. There's a Cubs thread but no BH thread. Unbelievable unless we are devoting threads to perpetual losers. The Hawks don't qualify while the Sox and Cubs do.

We gave them their own forum and nobody came.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jun 16, 2013 -> 11:51 PM)

What?

I can only hope this is the last post you make in the "NHL thread"

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jun 16, 2013 -> 11:51 PM)

Giving a bit of history it was because a few people had an unhealthy obsession with the Cubs that kept ruining the regular baseball thread. For that reason it was separated to its own thread so we didn't have to hear about the Cubs were going to win sooner than the White Sox for the last 10 years or so.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 17, 2013 -> 05:05 AM)
I'm not saying this about anyone on here, but I know hockey fans that are so protective of their sport. I don't get it. Wouldn't you want new fans?

I can watch and pull for the Hawks since I live in Chicago and hope they win, despite not really liking hockey.

They are helping my hood make TONS of money right now, its good for the city and the team. Since the beginning of time fans have liked good teams, Boston included. Every single Patriot fan is bandwagon.