2012-2013 Official NHL thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 10:01 AM)
I didn't say last night, but Crawford was really great last night again. That easily could have been a bigger blow out than it was.

I agree. I've been super impressed with Crow. I know he had a great regular season, but I wasn't going to believe it until I saw him in the postseason and he's really shown up.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 10:38 AM)
I agree. I've been super impressed with Crow. I know he had a great regular season, but I wasn't going to believe it until I saw him in the postseason and he's really shown up.

This playoff run has cemented the idea of him as a real top goalie.

For you "real" Blackhawk fans, at what point does Coach Q start to get heat for their atrocious power play numbers? 1 shot in 5 power plays. It's been like that for most of the season but it's been especially bad in the playoffs. I'd prefer they commit a penalty and go 4-4 instead of trying 5-4.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 10:29 AM)
Eh, those numbers are basically equal and only because, by his standards, he had a pretty down regular season.

I claim only my opinion, not that its gospel, and I certainly don't believe Hossa is close to our biggest worry, unless he is really hurt bad and misses more games. I do think both Sharp and even Kane have played better, despite all three of them having equal points. But like I said, we need Hossa to play.

Hossa is the guy who does all the dirty work. Is he as flashy as before, no. But the man works his ass off on the ice. He forechecks, he digs out pucks, he lifts sticks and alters shots. On offense he gets pucks on net. IMHO he is our best two way player. People don't appreciate what he does.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 11:18 AM)
For you "real" Blackhawk fans, at what point does Coach Q start to get heat for their atrocious power play numbers? 1 shot in 5 power plays. It's been like that for most of the season but it's been especially bad in the playoffs. I'd prefer they commit a penalty and go 4-4 instead of trying 5-4.

Generally an assistant has quite a bit of responsibility for the PP, so I dont personally put a ton of heat on him. I mean we are in the SCF after all.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 11:38 AM)
Generally an assistant has quite a bit of responsibility for the PP, so I dont personally put a ton of heat on him. I mean we are in the SCF after all.

The power play was even worse last year and Haviland got let go at the end of the season, but I think there was more behind the scenes to that move, not just a result of the s***ty PP.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 12:53 PM)
Anything new coming out on the radio waves out there in regards to Hossa?

The players claimed that they knew he might miss the game all day, which makes it sound like it wasn't a freak injury during warmups.

They already fired one assistant because of the powerplay.

His team's in the Stanley Cup Final for the 2nd time in 4 playoffs. He's free of heat for a bit.

Marian Hossa is "likely to play" in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup final Wednesday night, according to Chicago Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville.

Hossa was a last-minute scratch Monday night, but judging by Quenneville's comments after the game and this afternoon it sounds like he was doubtful to suit up in Game 3. Ben Smith, who took Hossa's place in the lineup, didn't warmup because Quenneville didn't want to tip his hand. If Hossa returns for Game 4, expect Smith to find himself in the press box again.

Per Rotoworld

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 02:20 PM)
Marian Hossa is "likely to play" in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup final Wednesday night, according to Chicago Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville.

Hossa was a last-minute scratch Monday night, but judging by Quenneville's comments after the game and this afternoon it sounds like he was doubtful to suit up in Game 3. Ben Smith, who took Hossa's place in the lineup, didn't warmup because Quenneville didn't want to tip his hand. If Hossa returns for Game 4, expect Smith to find himself in the press box again.

Per Rotoworld

I'm sure that really threw Claude Julian's entire game plan into disarray.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 18, 2013 -> 01:29 PM)
His team's in the Stanley Cup Final for the 2nd time in 4 playoffs. He's free of heat for a bit.

We don't disagree much, but I disagree with you here. Q is far from a free pass at this point just because they are in the final.

Knowing there was a good chance Hossa may not play, and not even having Smith take the warm up (while Mayers did) is completely inexcusable. That's just awful.

Kane comes out of his slump against the Kings while reunited with Toews. What happens? Splits them up against Boston (something you even said would be stupid when the lines were introduced in practice before game 1). And neither guy has played too well. Haven't scored a goal in what, 6 periods worth? Here's an idea...88+19.

Hossa out last night, puts Toews with Kruger and Frolik? WTF was that?

Power play is garbage. Yes it's Kompon's job, in theory, but Q's the head coach, and they are 0 for their last 84.

Plays Bollig, his f***up leads to a GWG.

I'm not blaming everything on him, but there's plenty to take issue with here.