2012-2013 Official NHL thread

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 10:07 AM)
I think Portzline also said he hadn't waived his no-trade for Toronto OR Chicago. Just Florida.

Luongo would crumble in Chicago and that contract is ridiculous - this is a good thing.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 07:56 AM)
Yeah, but that contract is brutal. It's front-loaded like Hossa's, so he might retire before it ends, but that's a $5.333 million cap hit for at least 7 years til age 40.

I would love to see the meatball contingent react to a Luongo trade though. They would absolutely go bonkers.

Kaner for Luongo. Problems solved.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 10:29 AM)
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Expect the Penguins to announce Sidney Crosby's contract extension on Sunday. Over $100 million dollars with an AAV of close to $9 mil per.

Wow. That's a lot of salary cap room to spend on a player with serious concussion issues in the past. Of course, if he stays healthy, it's worth it.

edit: I didn't realize he already made that much, I thought his current salary was lower.

Edited by LittleHurt05

The Penguins are insane.

12 years, $104.4 million for Sidney Crosby and his mush brain.

That, my good friends, is a gamble. They should have traded Sid for the world, and held onto Staal. I guess if his brain got perma-damaged, then he'd retire and the cash would be off the books, though.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 12:47 PM)
The Penguins are insane.

12 years, $104.4 million for Sidney Crosby and his mush brain.

That, my good friends, is a gamble. They should have traded Sid for the world, and held onto Staal. I guess if his brain got perma-damaged, then he'd retire and the cash would be off the books, though.

Maybe Crosby got hit so hard, it damaged Lemieux' brain?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 07:37 AM)
Paging Mr Luongo... your plane is now boarding.

Committed Indians

‎3 years, $12M ($4M per) for Cory Schneider w/ Vancouver.

Destination: Miami or Toronto.

It still hasn't been 100% confirmed that it's him, but his supposed Twitter account has been hilarious, especially when trade rumors are brought up.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 07:57 AM)
Destination: Miami or Toronto.

It still hasn't been 100% confirmed that it's him, but his supposed Twitter account has been hilarious, especially when trade rumors are brought up.

It will be interesting to see where he lands.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 08:34 AM)
It will be interesting to see where he lands.

I think a sleeper might be New Jersey. It looks like Brodeur is on his way out which might be a blessing in disguise because he's not the player he once was or even close, and that could open up a spot for Luongo there. The Devils' downfall was when they gave Kovalchuk all of that money. He's a good player with a disgusting one timer, but now they won't have Parise and maybe Salvador next season.

BTW, an interesting rumor I heard today is that if (when?) Brodeur leaves NJ, the Devils might want Crawford. If that's the case, the Hawks would go after Bernier.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 07:57 AM)
Destination: Sunrise or Toronto.

Fixed. ;)

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 10:44 AM)
I think a sleeper might be New Jersey. It looks like Brodeur is on his way out which might be a blessing in disguise because he's not the player he once was or even close, and that could open up a spot for Luongo there. The Devils' downfall was when they gave Kovalchuk all of that money. He's a good player with a disgusting one timer, but now they won't have Parise and maybe Salvador next season.

BTW, an interesting rumor I heard today is that if (when?) Brodeur leaves NJ, the Devils might want Crawford. If that's the case, the Hawks would go after Bernier.

Fixed. ;)

He's not the player he once was, but he was sure close this spring.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 11:23 AM)
I would guess he'd fly into Fort Lauderdale. It's a lot closer. ;)

What he said.^^

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 11:52 AM)

Since 2010, Brodeur ranks 40th out of 44 goalies in EV SV%.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 09:52 PM)
So, the Hawks should sign him now for $3.5M+ for October 2012-April 2013 because he was good in May 2012?

Well, not sure where I said that.

However, that'd be way the hell better than what we have now.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 11:52 AM)

The stats say differently. Of the 7 goalies who played 10+ games, he was 6th in save percentage, and since Ilya Brygalov doesn't really count, it's safe to say he was last.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 29, 2012 -> 10:44 AM)
BTW, an interesting rumor I heard today is that if (when?) Brodeur leaves NJ, the Devils might want Crawford. If that's the case, the Hawks would go after Bernier

I'll drive Crawford to any airport in the Midwest if the Hawks get Bernier.

Martin Brodeur, New Jersey Devils

Best fit: Chicago Blackhawks

First off - wow. Friday brought the seismic news that Mr. Devil himself, the goalie-for-life in Jersey, may just finish his career in another uniform. Brodeur has hired high-powered agent Pat Brisson, and the word is that if he isn't signed by the Devils before Sunday's witching hour, he'll throw the scare of a lifetime into the team's fans by testing the open market.

I mean, can you really picture Brodeur wearing another sweater? I can't, but as a collector of the jerseys of great players who finished up with weird teams (Johnny Unitas: Chargers; Bobby Orr: Blackhawks), I will be first in line to get whatever new threads in which Brodeur winds.

To me, Chicago would be Marty's kinda town. Let the francophone Corey Crawford sit and watch the master do his thing for a year backstopping a high-octane team in the fun Madhouse on Madison. True, the Blackhawks only have about $8 million in cap room, but that could land Brodeur. Chicago needs a better goalie, and the future Hall of Famer showed that during the Devils' run to the Cup final that he's still got it. Sign him up, Stan Bowman!

Where I think he'll sign: Chicago

I'm going to stay consistent with this one. Maybe Toronto makes a big pitch for him, or Florida, Tampa Bay or San Jose. But I think Chicago would be just the right place for Brodeur to finish his brilliant career.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writ...mp;sct=hp_wr_a5

First official move by the Blackhawks is the signing of Sheldon Brookbank. 31 yr old, right handed d-man. Tough guy, blocks shots and throws the body. An upgrade in the third pairing. This apparently doesn't affect the Hawks ability of going after Suter, and it likely means Hjalmarsson is on his way out if they can find a deal they like.

And there is mutual interest between Brodeaur and the Hawks.