2012-2013 Official NHL thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 04:02 PM)
First official move by the Blackhawks is the signing of Sheldon Brookbank. 31 yr old, right handed d-man. Tough guy, blocks shots and throws the body. An upgrade in the third pairing. This apparently doesn't affect the Hawks ability of going after Suter, and it likely means Hjalmarsson is on his way out if they can find a deal they like.

And there is mutual interest between Brodeaur and the Hawks.

Suter would be a huge add.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 08:22 AM)
:crying

How about screwing with the Preds and signing Weber to an offer sheet? A la the Sharks and Hammer. Not sure if the 'hawks have the arsenal to make that bid, though.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 10:20 AM)
How about screwing with the Preds and signing Weber to an offer sheet? A la the Sharks and Hammer. Not sure if the 'hawks have the arsenal to make that bid, though.

I'm all for that!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 10:23 AM)
I'm all for that!

I can't remember where I read it, but Weber's been lost in the shuffle of all of this. While everyone is fighting for Suter, throw out an offer sheet for Weber! C'mon Stan!

Weber, Keith, Seabrook, Leddy, Oduya, Brookbank, Montador, Olson!

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 10:25 AM)
I can't remember where I read it, but Weber's been lost in the shuffle of all of this. While everyone is fighting for Suter, throw out an offer sheet for Weber! C'mon Stan!

Weber, Keith, Seabrook, Leddy, Oduya, Brookbank, Montador, Olson!

If you bring in Weber, you might end up dealing Seabs too.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 10:38 AM)
If you bring in Weber, you might end up dealing Seabs too.

Good, that trade off is an overall improvement for the Hawks. I really want Suter too and also Ollie is we can get him.

@ESPNChiHawks

The Hawks DO have a shot at Parise...could be down to just them and NJ..should know within couple hours

I'm happy to know that at the very least, Bowman put his best foot forward to Parise and Suter.

In response to somebody's question if he was just going off of Eklund's report:

Jesse Rogers ‏@ESPNChiHawks

@ChicagoSportsJD I tweeted about Parise hours ago...getting more and more info that down to Chi and NJ...

Still not sure what the Hawks need is another scoring winger. They're already super top-heavy as it is. The nice thing is that they have insane depth in prospects. But why spend big money this summer on a winger when you could have done it last summer on a center?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 01:27 PM)
Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland

Chicago has been aggessive in pursuing both Parise and Suter...some players have chippd in with helping recruit Parise #blackhawks

Oh s***, please!!!!!