2012-2013 Official NHL thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 02:59 PM)
It's definitely fair to have that 5th team take a spot, but why not just keep it set as conference playoffs then. Under the new format, the conf. finals could pit the Pacific champion Chicago Blackhawks vs. the Midwest champion Vancouver Cancuks. That's stupid.

I wouldn't mind conference playoffs if it was just one big conference, and get rid of the top 3 seeds like they have now. If you are going to break it down into divisions and a huge unbalanced schedule, I'm OK with divisional playoffs.

I'm not too caught up in who wins what division once it comes to the playoffs, that part doesn't bother me as much. Just a tournament to me at that point.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 03:07 PM)
Since this re-alignment is stupid, I will change the subject.

Patrick Kane stops the "college boy" act and applies himself, and look - 24 points in 19 games.

The future is sexy.

Seriously. In addition to filling it up, he's backchecking, playing some defense here and there, cutting down on turnovers (though there are still some really bad ones here and there), and it looks like he has more energy towards the ends of shifts. Very happy he dropped that act and also played through the lockout to stay focused. That's how superstars are supposed to act.

Steve I don't know if I posted this before but it reminded me of a Bernstein article from a few weeks ago:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/01/27/ber...ner-growing-up/

Edited by IlliniKrush

I'm also a huge anti-knockoff guy. A few years back, some guy got 8 years for selling $600k worth of those. They look horrible and they are NOT authentic even though they ARE stitched. They're illegal. If you sell or wear them, you look/are stupid. No Hawks jersey ever has had an Indian head that is the size of my fist where the Indian head looks like Michael Jackson.

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 08:59 PM)
I'm also a huge anti-knockoff guy. A few years back, some guy got 8 years for selling $600k worth of those. They look horrible and they are NOT authentic even though they ARE stitched. They're illegal. If you sell or wear them, you look/are stupid. No Hawks jersey ever has had an Indian head that is the size of my fist where the Indian head looks like Michael Jackson.

They are beyond awful, they don't even look close to a real jersey. Though in a way I like them, as they tip me off to the bandwagon, know-nothing hockey guys immediately, so I don't make the mistake of trying to talk hockey with them. Instead I'll search out the guy with a Calder jersey.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 10:45 PM)
Well maybe I'll hold off on the double black until I have a legitimate one at least. The only other question would be where would be best place to go price rise that is official and should I go with Toews or Saad.

Yes, get a legitimate one. Honestly after that don't get the double black, get some other Hawks apparel, like a nice hoody, pullover, etc. instead. There are a lot of good options out there that you'll get more use out of once you have a jersey checked off the list.

You could always do one from nhl.com. Have also heard good things about River City Sports and Triple Threat Sports. I'm not sure what the quality is at a place like Total Hockey or Dick's, you'd have to check them out to be sure.

Stay super safe if it's your first (and possibly only) jersey, go Toews. You don't want to end up like me and have Ruutu, Bell, Sullivan etc.

While we're on the topic, I wish people would stop buying green knockoff Hawks jerseys. Not only do they look brutal by themselves, but they look terrible amongst all the red/black/white in the crowd, and on top of it, they've never worn any such jersey.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 11:25 PM)
Yes, get a legitimate one. Honestly after that don't get the double black, get some other Hawks apparel, like a nice hoody, pullover, etc. instead. There are a lot of good options out there that you'll get more use out of once you have a jersey checked off the list.

You could always do one from nhl.com. Have also heard good things about River City Sports and Triple Threat Sports. I'm not sure what the quality is at a place like Total Hockey or Dick's, you'd have to check them out to be sure.

Stay super safe if it's your first (and possibly only) jersey, go Toews. You don't want to end up like me and have Ruutu, Bell, Sullivan etc.

While we're on the topic, I wish people would stop buying green knockoff Hawks jerseys. Not only do they look brutal by themselves, but they look terrible amongst all the red/black/white in the crowd, and on top of it, they've never worn any such jersey.

I still cherish my Steve Sullivan jersey (in white)

I also own this, and actually have it signed, too, but made him sign it #10, not 12.

source_808_102449.jpg

I was such a psycho as a teen.

Now I rock the Hossa third jersey.

Blackhawks-Marian-Hossa-Premier-Third-Je

The Hossa I didn't mind even though he's not Toews or Kane because a- he's my favorite, and b- he won a cup. Any player from the Cup winning team is a safe bet. I'd proudly wear a Byfuglien jersey today if I had one.

As for Saad, he'd be fun, but he could be a relic quickly because this team is built around Kane and Toews, and everyone else is expendable.

Edited by Steve9347

Oh I absolutely adore my Sullivan jersey as well. He's one of my favorite Hawks of all time.

I've never been a big fan of owning all-star jerseys for any team or player. I guess I just figure if I'm going to buy another jersey, get one that the team wears. I've never been proud to show off that player X made the all-star team.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 27, 2013 -> 09:01 AM)
Oh I absolutely adore my Sullivan jersey as well. He's one of my favorite Hawks of all time.

I've never been a big fan of owning all-star jerseys for any team or player. I guess I just figure if I'm going to buy another jersey, get one that the team wears. I've never been proud to show off that player X made the all-star team.

I was 16 years old when I got that jersey. I was obsessed with Tony Amonte.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 27, 2013 -> 08:35 AM)
I still cherish my Steve Sullivan jersey (in white)

I also own this, and actually have it signed, too, but made him sign it #10, not 12.

source_808_102449.jpg

I was such a psycho as a teen.

Now I rock the Hossa third jersey.

Blackhawks-Marian-Hossa-Premier-Third-Je

The Hossa I didn't mind even though he's not Toews or Kane because a- he's my favorite, and b- he won a cup. Any player from the Cup winning team is a safe bet. I'd proudly wear a Byfuglien jersey today if I had one.

As for Saad, he'd be fun, but he could be a relic quickly because this team is built around Kane and Toews, and everyone else is expendable.

Saad will be around to replace a guy like Sharp who is getting expensive.

This is probably the best hockey card of all-time.

rangerscard.jpg

Followed closely by this, because I still believe Hrudey's stick was inside a butt.

hrudeycard.jpg

My buddy and I used to laugh at that card all day long.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 11:25 PM)

TTS is alright. Sometimes the jerseys take awhile to get back if they need to stitch one up. Dick's has the replicas but only one layer of the stitching is stitched rather than both layers. They are still better than the fakes.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 27, 2013 -> 12:24 PM)
I just died a little when I read this.

I have 2 jerseys a white Keith and a black/third/winter classic Hull.

But why? He never wore that jersey.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Feb 27, 2013 -> 04:10 PM)
TTS is alright. Sometimes the jerseys take awhile to get back if they need to stitch one up. Dick's has the replicas but only one layer of the stitching is stitched rather than both layers. They are still better than the fakes.

But why? He never wore that jersey.

1. Gift

2. Looks awesome.

I love the WC/3rd Sweater, but every one I've seen for sale in a store has a heat-transferred "crossed tomahawks through the C" shoulder logo, instead of an embroidered patch. Is that just how they are? I hate that.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Feb 28, 2013 -> 09:45 AM)
I love the WC/3rd Sweater, but every one I've seen for sale in a store has a heat-transferred "crossed tomahawks through the C" shoulder logo, instead of an embroidered patch. Is that just how they are? I hate that.

Yeah I've seen that. Mine is a patch. I think they cut some corners on some of them. Some of the fakes also have different colored patches on the shoulder. There are so many variations of that jersey at every hawks game.

IMO nothing is as cool as the standard jersey, I LOVE my white Keith one.