2012-2013 Official NHL thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 28, 2013 -> 09:46 AM)
So is tonight the night for the streak to end?

I was convinced it would end Monday night, but they pulled it out. Hockey can be such a funny sport, they will probably beat STL tonight, then suddenly blow the streak vs. the Jackets tomorrow night.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle, you'd be doing what about 80% of the fans there do already, so I'm used to it. However, Hawks have worn a camo jersey before, so if you actually own that, I'm OK with it:

http://royaljerseysmall.com/bigpic/Chicago...e%20jerseys.jpg

Just make sure to bring your girlfriend, and if you know nothing about hockey, talk loudly like you do to try to impress her.

I would pay to go back in time and watch some of these fans survive in the Stadium, trying to get up in the middle of the play etc. As a 6 year old I knew to sit the f*** down and wait for a whistle. It's not hard.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 28, 2013 -> 11:17 AM)
Kyle, you'd be doing what about 80% of the fans there do already, so I'm used to it. However, Hawks have worn a camo jersey before, so if you actually own that, I'm OK with it:

Just make sure to bring your girlfriend, and if you know nothing about hockey, talk loudly like you do to try to impress her.

I would pay to go back in time and watch some of these fans survive in the Stadium, trying to get up in the middle of the play etc. As a 6 year old I knew to sit the f*** down and wait for a whistle. It's not hard.

I think my wife would be PISSED if i brought my girlfriend.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 28, 2013 -> 11:17 AM)

I know it's hard to get people to stay in their seats during play, but at least some stadiums don't let people walk back into the stands during play. I know they do it at Wolves games and they do it at Target Field, and I'm quite appreciative of it. I'm sure it's done a ton of other places too and I'm just not aware of it.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Feb 28, 2013 -> 11:46 AM)
I know it's hard to get people to stay in their seats during play, but at least some stadiums don't let people walk back into the stands during play. I know they do it at Wolves games and they do it at Target Field, and I'm quite appreciative of it. I'm sure it's done a ton of other places too and I'm just not aware of it.

Its just not that hard to wait a few seconds. I dont understand those people.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 28, 2013 -> 11:55 AM)
Obliviousness/ignorance.

(not having grown up a hockey fan myself, if I was just a casual watcher going with a group of friends and didn't waste all day at a sports forum, I wouldn't know about this 'rule' either)

They actually announce it at the game as well.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Feb 28, 2013 -> 11:46 AM)

Yeah, I can't get on ushers for not making people stay in during play...the onus is on the fan there.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 28, 2013 -> 11:54 AM)
Its just not that hard to wait a few seconds. I dont understand those people.

It's really not. There's usually about 60 faceoffs in a hockey game, do the math, a stoppage every minute on average. You can wait until the next one. And there are 3 TV timeouts during the period.

The best is when it's a power play, or it's like runners on the corners, 2-2 count, someone SUDDENLY gets the urge to leave their seat. What the f***? Clearly you aren't paying attention to the game whatsoever. Why are you even here, if not to watch this particular moment, at the height of drama?

Side note, also hate the guys that get up during play with like 20-30 seconds left, thinking the period is over, to beat the rush. Usually gets a "goals scored in the final minute DO indeed count, and it HAS happened before" from me.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 28, 2013 -> 11:55 AM)
Obliviousness/ignorance.

(not having grown up a hockey fan myself, if I was just a casual watcher going with a group of friends and didn't waste all day at a sports forum, I wouldn't know about this 'rule' either)

Maybe not, but I bet if your friend or another fan (me) said to wait for the next whistle, you'd realize it made sense, is courteous, and would adapt.

I appreciate the people in a row that get up during a whistle/timeout and say "sorry," I laugh and say no, don't be sorry, this is when you're supposed to get up/come back in, you can do this whenever you want.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 28, 2013 -> 11:47 AM)
And you are only allowed to leave your seat when the puck is in play.

I wanted to scream when I went to the Lightning-Bruins game last Thursday because of this. I had the aisle seat and people were coming and going non stop. This one lady left 3 times during the second period and twice during the third just to get beer. Two other groups probably left 4-6 times during the game and they showed up about 10 minutes late.

The one lady actually waited until the the puck was about to be dropped after a TV timeout to get up for a beer run. If I was stuck in Groundhog Day I would've shoved her down the stairs.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 1, 2013 -> 09:19 AM)
Crawford injured again, but gets the win with 6 saves last night prior to leaving.

Leads the NHL with a 1.46 GAA, 2nd in save %. Watching

, looks like his "upper-body" injury may be a concussion again. With 5 games in 7 days, the Henrik Karlsson era may begin next week.