2012-2013 Official NHL thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 07:53 PM)
The most recent rumor is that he was ready to sign with NJ but the Hawks offer and interest has him going back to ask his wife or future wife if she minds moving to Chicago. I guess he's about to get married or newly married and he may view Chicago as a place to "settle down."

Please let this be true and then f***ing deal Kaner for a top line defenseman.

THIS! or a top line goalie.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 01:52 AM)
Parise or Suter? That's that s*** I DO like!

Thanks for putting that song back in my head, jerk. I had finally gotten it out (though that song is the s*** I DO like!).

QUOTE (Greyone @ Jul 2, 2012 -> 09:56 PM)
I wonder if they already have a deal for Kane in place if Parise accepts, because I can't see them taking on that big of a contract without moving one in return. But I'm no expert on the Hawks/ NHL cap situations.

Even with how out of favor he's fallen with some Hawks fans (including myself), the Blackhawks would have zero problem moving Kaner.

If somehow the Hawks could sign Parise and trade Kane for Miller, this team would be SICK. Then ship off Crawford to a desperate team and find some way to magically improve the blue line.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 10:35 AM)
Even with how out of favor he's fallen with some Hawks fans (including myself), the Blackhawks would have zero problem moving Kaner.

If somehow the Hawks could sign Parise and trade Kane for Miller, this team would be SICK. Then ship off Crawford to a desperate team and find some way to magically improve the blue line.

I'd pass out from the climax if that all came together.

If we could replace kaner with Parise and Seabs with Suter I would ecstatic.

However, I would rather keep everyone and just stack the team. Parise is not that big of an upgrade over the points Kaner puts up, but both of them together is nice depth.

Edited by RockRaines

Someone tweeted earlier that Chicago is out on Suter.

BTW, did anyone see that napkin last night? Supposedly, someone cleaned Suter and Parise's table at a bar last night and they found a napkin where Parise was writing down the pros and cons of playing for the Pens and Wild. On the side, they had crossed out a few teams, and Chicago was one of them.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 10:36 AM)
Someone tweeted earlier that Chicago is out on Suter.

BTW, did anyone see that napkin last night? Supposedly, someone cleaned Suter and Parise's table at a bar last night and they found a napkin where Parise was writing down the pros and cons of playing for the Pens and Wild. On the side, they had crossed out a few teams, and Chicago was one of them.

HAHAHAHA. That sounds so far-fetched. Not buying that s***. Weren't they in different cities, too?

My prediction: Suter picks the Wild and Parise goes back to the Devils.

Edited by maggsmaggs

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 12:24 PM)
The contrast between the Hawks and Bulls is amazing. The Hawks are out there chasing the top guys on the market. The Bulls are chasing Kirk Hinrich.

And the Hawks missed, just like the 2010 Bulls, and have to go spend their money elsewhere?