Youkilis, $5.6 million traded to White Sox

Kyyle23

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 04:44 AM)
lol wtf are you talking about?

They can have Flowers, Lilli and the whole gang if they want before I'm giving up Jesse Crain

I want them to take Lilly.

You would rather have them take Flowers than a stiff like Crain?? Wow.

Crain is a crain-wreck as stated last night.

He is just another arm.

Youk for Crain would please me greatly.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 10:51 PM)
@chefyouk: #whychicagoisbetterthanboston the worst Chicago deep dish is twice as good as any pie from the #northend

I like this one:

"Guy at bar just apologized for being asshole. Then asked if I'm the "Greek God of Restaurants"?"

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 10:48 PM)

He is just another arm.

Why would we give them anything for a guy they "have to move soon" and who has been hurt and very much on the decline?

Absolutely no reason to give up any of our bullpen or better arm prospects for Youk.

I would think they will send him to the NL as the red cubs will not take a chance that he could help an AL rival for wildcard and I don't see any AL team offering enough to entice them to take a chance on an AL trade partner.

QUOTE (59th street @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 03:55 AM)
Why would we give them anything for a guy they "have to move soon" and who has been hurt and very much on the decline?

Absolutely no reason to give up any of our bullpen or better arm prospects for Youk.

I would think they will send him to the NL as the red cubs will not take a chance that he could help an AL rival for wildcard and I don't see any AL team offering enough to entice them to take a chance on an AL trade partner.

I agree we should give them scraps.

I just fear KW will give them 2-3 good prospects. I'd rather send them Crain and be done with it. I consider Crain average at best.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 10:04 PM)

I just fear KW will give them 2-3 good prospects. I'd rather send them Crain and be done with it. I consider Crain average at best.

He certainly goes through funks, but have you even looked at his numbers?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 11:48 PM)

He is just another arm.

Why exactly would any1 want to trade arguably the team's best bullpen arm for Youkilis?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 11:04 PM)

Then whom would you have to replace Crain?

Do not just say "anyone can replace him" because that is not true. It makes zero sense to weaken our bullpen for an aging player on the decline who probably can't play 3b on a daily basis.

I realize we need help at 3B but J. Crain would be overpaying by a TON.

I hope we do get him, as I said early I think he is just a bi-product of the whatever has been going on in Boston the past year or so. Whichever team lands him I think he rakes, I could be wrong but that's my gut feeling. And in my opinion he is the perfect addition to the bottom of this lineup, and it upgrades us significantly defensively. If we can get this done without anyone off our ML roster, and then get a SP in a month or so closer to the deadline ( I see KW taking a chance on Dempster once he comes off the DL). If we have seen anything so far this season it is this division, and theaters in general is pretty much wide open, and I think the addition of Youk helps us continue to stay in this thing.

Rosenthal --

Source: #RedSox talks with #WhiteSox over Youkilis more advanced than with other clubs, could be approaching final stages

Deal between #RedSox and #WhiteSox not a certainty. Youkilis' past physical issues will make exchange of medical records critical.

@Ken_Rosenthal

Source: ‪#RedSox‬ talks with ‪#WhiteSox‬ over Youkilis more advanced than with other clubs, could be approaching final stages.

Deal between ‪#RedSox‬ and ‪#WhiteSox‬ not a certainty. Youkilis' past physical issues will make exchange of medical records critical.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 11:20 PM)
I hope we do get him, as I said early I think he is just a bi-product of the whatever has been going on in Boston the past year or so. Whichever team lands him I think he rakes, I could be wrong but that's my gut feeling. And in my opinion he is the perfect addition to the bottom of this lineup, and it upgrades us significantly defensively. If we can get this done without anyone off our ML roster, and then get a SP in a month or so closer to the deadline ( I see KW taking a chance on Dempster once he comes off the DL). If we have seen anything so far this season it is this division, and theaters in general is pretty much wide open, and I think the addition of Youk helps us continue to stay in this thing.

I agree with your scenario. Youklis certainly could be helpful given the problems we have at 3B and the lack of any other likely upgrade.

The key is we cannot weaken the team by trading a bullpen arm for a guy who is far from a sure thing to be even adequate. If he is available for a low level prospect then go for it but I believe they will want him in the NL to protect themselves from getting burned if he does have something left in his tank.