2. Beckham

3. Dunn

4. Konerko

5. Rios

6. Pierzynski

7. Youkilis

8. Viciedo

9. Ramirez

that's my take, I might like to see Youkilis hit 2nd at some point with his history of getting on base at a high rate, but I guess you don't want to mess with Beckham moving him around especially since he's raising that average.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 08:11 PM)
New Lineup:

1. De Aza

2. Beckham

3. Dunn

4. Konerko

5. Rios

6. Pierzynski

7. Youkilis

8. Viciedo

9. Ramirez

that's my take, I might like to see Youkilis hit 2nd at some point with his history of getting on base at a high rate, but I guess you don't want to mess with Beckham moving him around especially since he's raising that average.

I'd swap Youk and Viciedo in that order to start out, then gradually move Youk up as he produces.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 08:49 PM)
What a s***ty Dad haha

Its crazy how he could be so attached to Lillibridge since he hasn't been to good this year, but maybe Lillibridge has a bigger fanbase than we thought?

Lol that video had me wishing Lilli was back, but then reality set in.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 22, 2012 -> 12:54 AM)
Youk is a bad idea. Old broken down, gets paid huge money and unproductive. Anyone who wants him isn't thinking ahead . Konerko and AJ ,both still very productive ,aren't getting any younger. Giving up any youth for anyone old is beyond ridiculous. We just have to go with what we have and keep rebuilding.

I really can't say anything bad about the trade at least for this year. It's not adding much to the payroll and the upside is pretty good .Stewart and Lillibridge haven't been much help this year. All Youk has to do is stay healthy and it's a plus. Not many believe Stewart or Lilli will amount to much but their upside to be productive for beyond the immediate future is certainly better than Youks.

For this year however it's a very good move. Helps the lineups, shows the Sox commitment to winning and might even put more butts in the seats.

Great trade, IMO. Neither guy was doing much this year. I think we've found out that Stewart is not very good, and Lillibridge is definitely not the guy we saw in 2011. This may have been touched on, but I haven't looked at every page of the thread...what comes of Hudson? DFA or a bench guy?

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 08:29 PM)
Its crazy how he could be so attached to Lillibridge since he hasn't been to good this year, but maybe Lillibridge has a bigger fanbase than we thought?

Lol that video had me wishing Lilli was back, but then reality set in.

I'm pretty sure he is attached because they are friends, and it has nothing to do with production. Just a hunch.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 09:41 PM)
Great trade, IMO. Neither guy was doing much this year. I think we've found out that Stewart is not very good, and Lillibridge is definitely not the guy we saw in 2011. This may have been touched on, but I haven't looked at every page of the thread...what comes of Hudson? DFA or a bench guy?

Good qs, since Escobar offers everything that Hudson does but to a better level, so it does become quite interesting, but I suppose I wouldnt mind keeping both of them, since they aren't making much anyways.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 06:48 PM)
I'm pretty sure he is attached because they are friends, and it has nothing to do with production. Just a hunch.

Could be that. Or sometimes little kids latch on to certain ballplayers regardless of how good/popular they are...

The reason Stewart helped this deal is because he's not a value-less player, despite the meatballish opinions that are so popular on here. He is young and has a good sinker. If he keeps it down and is consistent, he'll be an innings eater. We don't have that many guys in our system that could be a mid-to-back of rotation starter with perhaps some minor tweaking and experience. I'm happy to move him for Youkilis, but he was a better piece than I would have considered ideal.

Lillibridge's ability to do everything is what I'll miss. He could probably pitch too. And catch at the same time. The thing I like best about this trade is that it's relatively early. If he's going to make an impact, better now than over a month later at the deadline.

He looks like Kerry King from Slayer.

wcb9ds.jpg

20zp9pz.jpg

Hope that .225 BA climbs some during his time here.

Sox must really want continuity at 3B to get a guy dealing with back problems. Hopefully his back heals and his bat comes around.

33li7vc.jpg

o8x5dy.jpg

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 08:57 PM)
The reason Stewart helped this deal is because he's not a value-less player, despite the meatballish opinions that are so popular on here. He is young and has a good sinker. If he keeps it down and is consistent, he'll be an innings eater. We don't have that many guys in our system that could be a mid-to-back of rotation starter with perhaps some minor tweaking and experience. I'm happy to move him for Youkilis, but he was a better piece than I would have considered ideal.

Look, I like your optimism Jake, but I really don't feel I'm of the meatballish leanings that you are referring to because I see a player that has gotten blown the f*** up this season despite his "good" sinker you think he has.

I know you play ball, Jake. You should know how to call it out.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 10:05 PM)
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8091584/...icago-white-sox

Love the quotes from everyone, especially Konerko, Pedroia, Punto.

LOL at Cherington's assessment of Stewart. Well, someone with the Yankees understimated Quintana, so maybe we're doing the same with Zach, just not seeing it at all.

Haha that video is some of the worst analysis I've ever seen :lolhitting

"With Youkilis, you've got a person. Genus homo, species sapiens. He's right-handed. He hits a baseball for a living. That's a lot of plusses for the White Sox."

Youk + $5.6M for Stewart and Bridge?

Sold! Approved!

From the beginning I've not seen the big appeal with Stewart. He can't start, he's maybe able to eventually be a reliever, and there are a dozen in our system I'd rather have. He's kind of a Mike MacDougal type to me. No loss there. Lillibridge is a handy guy to have around... except that the Sox really don't need him right now.

Youkilis may only be the .230 hitter, .700 OPS guy we've seen so far, with mediocre defense at 3B... but if that's the disappointing case, that's still a lot better than .176 hitter with a .550-ish OPS we have now who is also a mediocre defender at 3B. Plus there is the potential for Youk to get back closer to form.

Basically, the Sox gave up nothing they needed in terms of players, and only owe, what, like $1M for the rest of the year for Youk? Can't help but love this deal.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 09:09 PM)
Look, I like your optimism Jake, but I really don't feel I'm of the meatballish leanings that you are referring to because I see a player that has gotten blown the f*** up this season despite his "good" sinker you think he has.

I know you play ball, Jake. You should know how to call it out.

I'm not about to go to Vegas and place a bet on Zach Stewart making his way to being a fixture at the MLB level, but I see a young-ish player that has had his development pretty well botched switching from relief to starter to relief to starter and having his repertoire pay for it. My main point is that his failure at the MLB level is not necessarily indicative of a career of failing at the MLB level. Because of the flashes you see and the fact that he hasn't had much time spent as a sinkerballer or as a starter (and only half a season of being both sinker thrower and reliever), there may be some untapped potential that may show up yet. I feel like everyone has to know that but refuse to say it.

My stance always has been that he should been a starting pitcher in AAA and could have been tossed to the wolves if that didn't work out. Same with Hector Santiago. They're inconsistent, which is probably the most common problem for pitchers but likewise the most commonly corrected one.

That said, I think we're deep in Stewart types that are a tweak or a little bit of experience away from being serviceable MLB pitchers/starters. The irritating thing about Stewart and also Santiago is that I believe they were not ready for the MLB level and not put in a good position to succeed by the White Sox, even if them being there was best for the MLB club (I'm not convinced Brian Bruney couldn't have given us the same production)

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 09:15 PM)
1. Quintana

2. Axelrod

2A. Beck

3. Castro

4. Molina

5. Santiago

6. Rienzo

7. Petricka

8. Olacio

9. Stewart

10. Jaye/Webb (one of those two kids we got for Frasor, can't remember)

This seems like some odd mixture of our top pitching prospects and the organizational pitching depth chart.