KW whining about (OK bringing up) attendance again

chisoxfan09

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 10:04 PM)
Now the real question is whether the Sox care about a comment like this?

Do as many Cubs' fans say the same thing, or they're just paying more for the "experience" of being there, like going to Las Vegas or some random hip/trendy/cool/iconic place they can tell their grandkids?

Well, the Cubs are more expensive, but they also have more fans across the nation. Wrigley is a tourist attraction. The Cell is not. Like you said, it's the hip/trendy/cool/iconic/historical place to go....

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 12:26 PM)
You sound as if sports teams should be treated like a charity. To a point they are. Most stadiums are built with tax player dollars.

Not at all. I frequent games because I know at the end of the day it's business and not charity. Teams get sold and moved, not saying it could potential happen to the White Sox, but for some it's business. For others it's much more.

QUOTE (SpainSOXfan09 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 10:16 PM)
Just curious, does anyone know what kind of mark up or % TicketHub or portals like this make on normal sales? Does it depend on the section, etc?

StubHub gets 25% of every ticket sale. 15% from the seller and 10% from the buyer. Best business idea EVER.

QUOTE (Paulie4Pres @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 10:02 PM)
Attendance is low because it's still TOO DAMN EXPENSIVE. I'm sorry, but I'm not dropping $300 to take my family to a baseball game...
you do realize the sox give out FREE tickets to kids that are in the kids' club, right?

and the sox give out FREE tickets to kids that have good grades or perfect attendance?

and that you can go to a game for as little as $7, with or without codes?

and let's not forget about kids' day, where your kids can sit in the lower level for...get this...a DOLLAR!?

but let's not get facts in the way of a good rant, shall we?

Edited by ewokpelts

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 08:28 AM)
StubHub gets 25% of every ticket sale. 15% from the seller and 10% from the buyer. Best business idea EVER.

stubhub charges a 10% fee to the buyer, but that's on top of the ticket cost. as a seller, i give them 15% of my asking price. it's not qiute 25%, but it is a great racket. and dont forget $5.45 to "ship" your tickets

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 07:13 AM)
Phase 3.

Skip Spring.

Go directly to Summer. Don't pass go.

Heat wave will limit the attendance to how many this week, especially the Thursday game?

Not many tickets available for today's game. I expect a good turnout.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 08:16 PM)
The rumour i keep hearing is Rocky Wirtz. Aside the fact that he is a sox fan, the word is that John McDonough would run the club and go 3 for 3 in marketing rebuild successes.

Also, the whispers are that no one in Camp Jerry wants to take over when Jerry retires/dies. So even if the ownership groups stays mostly intact(there are still investors from the Veeck days), new leadership may not come from the reinsdorfs or even the einhorns( Eddie's daughter is an mlb exec and MAY come on, but who knows how much she wants to leave nyc)

I've heard Chairman Reinsdorf has been aggressively buying out other investors recently . . . Why?

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 07:16 PM)
The rumour i keep hearing is Rocky Wirtz. Aside the fact that he is a sox fan, the word is that John McDonough would run the club and go 3 for 3 in marketing rebuild successes.

Also, the whispers are that no one in Camp Jerry wants to take over when Jerry retires/dies. So even if the ownership groups stays mostly intact(there are still investors from the Veeck days), new leadership may not come from the reinsdorfs or even the einhorns( Eddie's daughter is an mlb exec and MAY come on, but who knows how much she wants to leave nyc)

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 07:02 AM)
I've heard Chairman Reinsdorf has been aggressively buying out other investors recently . . . Why?

Very interesting, if true. Maybe the buyer wants to own a higher % of the club than JR currently owns. Or, JR can control a sale more easily with a bigger %. :unsure:

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 12:55 PM)
Very interesting, if true. Maybe the buyer wants to own a higher % of the club than JR currently owns. Or, JR can control a sale more easily with a bigger %. :unsure:

If its true its probably more of a case where his partners are getting old and/or dying and want to get out, so he's buying them out.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 10:05 PM)
How's Kansas?

Hot. I have said many times Chicago is the greatest city in the world.

QUOTE (Paulie4Pres @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 03:02 AM)
Attendance is low because it's still TOO DAMN EXPENSIVE. I'm sorry, but I'm not dropping $300 to take my family to a baseball game...

Amen, brotha.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 08:19 PM)
ISFA owns the lots.

And btw, the padres own a stake in thier RSN(worth 200 million)

I do not think they do. I think Jerry owns a good amount of property more than just the lots around the park. Same thing Wirtz did around the Stadium. Wirtz bought up west side Jerry south side. There was a time in the 80's when Jerry was buying up space that the cubs could have been doing in Wrigleyville and they did not.

QUOTE (Paulie4Pres @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 10:02 PM)

I am going tomorrow wit my two kids.

Ticket, lower deck box but could easily have gotten $24 upper deck but went with some nice $40 seats down the line total cost $120

Prepaid parking pass $24 up to $144

Will tailgate and BBQ in parking lot. Would do this at home so no cost there.

Will buy two beers, two big sodas and budget myself to spending $50 in the park

That is $200. $120 in April, $24 last month for the parking and $50 tomorrow.

Now if I am going to get loaded with my family and eat like vikings I am sure I could get to $300 easily.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 07:41 PM)
I am going tomorrow wit my two kids.

Ticket, lower deck box but could easily have gotten $24 upper deck but went with some nice $40 seats down the line total cost $120

Prepaid parking pass $24 up to $144

Will tailgate and BBQ in parking lot. Would do this at home so no cost there.

Will buy two beers, two big sodas and budget myself to spending $50 in the park

That is $200. $120 in April, $24 last month for the parking and $50 tomorrow.

Now if I am going to get loaded with my family and eat like vikings I am sure I could get to $300 easily.

Also if you bought the kids hats and/or tshirts like some fans prolly do, that would skyrocket your costs as well.

200 for 3 people; a movie would be 30 bucks plus food/drink and a minor league game would be 24 bucks plus food, drinks.

Have fun, though.

200 bucks isn't so bad, but let's say this was 15 years ago.

A fan could go to 10 games a year and be able to afford it easily. The parking costs are really outrageous IMO. Baseball should be ashamed of itself. I mean, give me a f***ing break.

Edited by greg775

Houston Astros game

2 Upper Deck Tickets, which are used to get in then we go sit wherever we want.... $14

2 hot dogs, 2 drinks... $24

Parking... $5

Its cheap as hell to go to a game down here

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 07:22 PM)
Houston Astros game

2 Upper Deck Tickets, which are used to get in then we go sit wherever we want.... $14

2 hot dogs, 2 drinks... $24

Parking... $5

Its cheap as hell to go to a game down here

They should be paying you.

D-back games are cheap too, plus $1 concessions. Train will take you there for a $1.75.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 05:36 PM)
Also if you bought the kids hats and/or tshirts like some fans prolly do, that would skyrocket your costs as well.

200 for 3 people; a movie would be 30 bucks plus food/drink and a minor league game would be 24 bucks plus food, drinks.

Have fun, though.

200 bucks isn't so bad, but let's say this was 15 years ago.

A fan could go to 10 games a year and be able to afford it easily. The parking costs are really outrageous IMO. Baseball should be ashamed of itself. I mean, give me a f***ing break.

Candy used to be a nickel!

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 12:26 AM)
They should be paying you.

D-back games are cheap too, plus $1 concessions. Train will take you there for a $1.75.

They have a deal where $30 gets you an upper deck ticket and unlimited hot dogs, nachos, popcorn, and soda