2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 10:01 AM)
Apparently this rumor of Deng to GSW for the 7th overall pick is gaining some momentum. No word on what players would move to match salaries.

Andrew Bogut or David Lee could be included to match Deng's salary directly, Jefferson or Biedrins could be used along with a smaller salary to match. None of those players are expiring deals, unless Jefferson/Biedrins decline 2013/2014 player options.

My buddy said rumor on realgm is 3 way with Utah and GS. GS gets Deng, Utah gets Beidrins and picks(presumably Bulls this year and future plus from GS), Bulls get Dorell Wright, 7th pick and Devin Harris

I like it, because this year is lost as you stated, and then they can amnesty Boozer next offseason, giving the Bulls enough to offer a max contract. Who is going to be a UFA after this season?

Oh, possibly Dwight.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 09:32 AM)
I like it, because this year is lost as you stated, and then they can amnesty Boozer next offseason, giving the Bulls enough to offer a max contract. Who is going to be a UFA after this season?

Oh, possibly Dwight.

I guess I'd have to deal with it, but I really don't like Dwight Howard. Not someone I want to have to cheer for.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 10:46 AM)
FWIW:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

The Bulls have privately assured Luol Deng that there's "no chance" of a deal sending him to the Warriors, league source tells Y!

Oh NBA rumors involving the Bulls, I hate you so hard. The Bulls rarely actually do anything. Thank you, Woj, for slapping me in the face with some reality.

The Bulls keeping status quo and making minimal adjustments to the roster this summer will put them in a difficult position to contend going forward, I really hope for once they show some aggression and re-tool this roster like it needs to be.

Knowing Bulls management they will essentially blow up the bench replace it with rookies and continue to try to contend with this same core.

The time to move Deng is now. 13.3M this coming year 14.4M the following year, value is pretty high right now. For a team in desperate need of a second scorer/creator we can't afford to be paying 28 million over the next two years for an intangible defensive spot up shooter who can't create his own shot. Other teams certainly value a guy like Deng and the Bulls scooping a lottery pick plus ideally some cap relief just makes too much sense. Naturally the Bulls will hold on to him while our current roster is not in a position to compete with Miami in the East and everyone notices how necessary a re-tool is.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 09:19 AM)
My buddy said rumor on realgm is 3 way with Utah and GS. GS gets Deng, Utah gets Beidrins and picks(presumably Bulls this year and future plus from GS), Bulls get Dorell Wright, 7th pick and Devin Harris

Wright, Harris, and 7th pick...I'll definitely take that for Deng, who might even be able to play until December/January if he has surgery.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 11:51 AM)
The Bulls keeping status quo and making minimal adjustments to the roster this summer will put them in a difficult position to contend going forward, I really hope for once they show some aggression and re-tool this roster like it needs to be.

Knowing Bulls management they will essentially blow up the bench replace it with rookies and continue to try to contend with this same core.

The time to move Deng is now. 13.3M this coming year 14.4M the following year, value is pretty high right now. For a team in desperate need of a second scorer/creator we can't afford to be paying 28 million over the next two years for an intangible defensive spot up shooter who can't create his own shot. Other teams certainly value a guy like Deng and the Bulls scooping a lottery pick plus ideally some cap relief just makes too much sense. Naturally the Bulls will hold on to him while our current roster is not in a position to compete with Miami in the East and everyone notices how necessary a re-tool is.

Problem is...Deng's value right now is really hurt by the fact that he needs that wrist surgery post olympics to come back 100%. Either he comes into next season struggling with that injury or he misses the first month or two of the year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 11:10 AM)
Problem is...Deng's value right now is really hurt by the fact that he needs that wrist surgery post olympics to come back 100%. Either he comes into next season struggling with that injury or he misses the first month or two of the year.

His injury is definitely a concern but compared to where his overall value is as a player, I don't see it being hampered too greatly by the health concerns. So many of these teams picking in the top half or so of the lottery could seemingly use a good SF with defense and leadership abilities.

Bottom line it seems like quite a few teams have been engaging in trade talks for Deng, it's just a matter of if conservative Bulls (fall in love with their own players) management is willing to swing a deal.

And this is why the Bulls will never, ever win a championship. The FO is just too timid and too afraid. f*** Luol Deng. He's going to play for his country or whatever. But they're not overpaying you by X amount of dollars. The Bulls are. You're not Scottie Pippen (even though 2K5 said you were). You peaked peaked 5 years ago. Yeah, you play good defense. You fit in a particular type of system. But you're no all-star. You're not a guy that can be counted on to produce offensively every night. If that GS deal is legit, do it. If GS pulls back, fine. But that's the type of deal needed to compliment your superstar long-term.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 03:44 PM)
And this is why the Bulls will never, ever win a championship. The FO is just too timid and too afraid. f*** Luol Deng. He's going to play for his country or whatever. But they're not overpaying you by X amount of dollars. The Bulls are. You're not Scottie Pippen (even though 2K5 said you were). You peaked peaked 5 years ago. Yeah, you play good defense. You fit in a particular type of system. But you're no all-star. You're not a guy that can be counted on to produce offensively every night. If that GS deal is legit, do it. If GS pulls back, fine. But that's the type of deal needed to compliment your superstar long-term.

I hate being a Bulls fan sometimes. There are all these lavishing rumors of awesome and unrealistic trades, but they get shot down in like 5 min because everyone knows the Bulls FO is too conservative to do something so out of the box.

The FO is about as boring as it can get.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 03:50 PM)
It'd more likely be Utah that pulls out on that deal. They don't need to be paying Andris Biedrins $9 million to be their 4th best big man (5th if Kanter develops).

Yeah, that deal made no sense for Utah at all...

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 04:50 PM)
It'd more likely be Utah that pulls out on that deal. They don't need to be paying Andris Biedrins $9 million to be their 4th best big man (5th if Kanter develops).

But the real point is...no matter how little sense a proposed trade makes for the other team(s) involved, we always get to blame the Bulls front office for them not happening.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 03:55 PM)
But the real point is...no matter how little sense a proposed trade makes for the other team(s) involved, we always get to blame the Bulls front office for them not happening.

You mean like when Paxson didn't want to break up the future deng/hinrich/gordon dynasty for gasol, kg, or kobe?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 05:09 PM)
You mean like when Paxson didn't want to break up the future deng/hinrich/gordon dynasty for gasol, kg, or kobe?

Yes, I mean those exact cases where it wasn't the Bulls who pulled out of the deals but the Bulls still get blamed for them.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 04:10 PM)
Yes, I mean those exact cases where it wasn't the Bulls who pulled out of the deals but the Bulls still get blamed for them.

I see. So poor Chicago Bulls? We see guys like Gasol, KG, Paul and Anthony getting traded. But whenever the Bulls are involved, it's the other team, right?