2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luol Deng admitted Thursday he's lost 15 pounds due to his recent illness and was "really scared" by how his body reacted.

Deng is very doubtful to play in Game 3 against the Heat after spending time last week in the hospital following complications from a spinal tap. Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said Deng did some shooting Wednesday but the swingman admitted that he's still very weak and unable to do much. This all sounds like an incredibly terrifying ordeal for Deng to have to gone through and at this point it's just a good thing he's able to walk around and attend practice. We're guessing the earliest Deng returns is Game 4, which still sounds unlikely. Jimmy Butler will continue to get all the minutes he can handle in the meantime.

poor lu

Do you guys think last nights abortion is more or less likely to bring Rose back this series? Im curious if he would be more willing to join in on the hype and excitement after the game 1 win or if he wants to show he might still have a spine and help his teammates bounce back after an embarrassing loss.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ May 9, 2013 -> 01:34 PM)
Do you guys think last nights abortion is more or less likely to bring Rose back this series? Im curious if he would be more willing to join in on the hype and excitement after the game 1 win or if he wants to show he might still have a spine and help his teammates bounce back after an embarrassing loss.

Cowherd was making some good points this morning...if Rose comes back, he could be a target for Birdman or some other goon if things were to get nasty...

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 9, 2013 -> 03:39 PM)
Cowherd was making some good points this morning...if Rose comes back, he could be a target for Birdman or some other goon if things were to get nasty...

Ya me and my friend were talking about that yesterday when we watched him commit about 3 uncalled fouls in 2 minutes and then capped it off shouldering someone out of bounds. Its unfortunate that something like that could weigh into the decision, but it makes sense.

If someone cheap shotted Rose, the refs wouldn't ignore it. That's the advantage of being the Heat -- refs and fans pay more attention the stars, so they won't miss it if something questionable happens to them.

It would really de-incentivize going goon on Derrick

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (Jake @ May 9, 2013 -> 01:53 PM)
If someone cheap shotted Rose, the refs wouldn't ignore it. That's the advantage of being the Heat -- refs and fans pay more attention the stars, so they won't miss it if something questionable happens to them.

It would really de-incentivize going goon on Derrick

Yeah, but it may only take one time...

I'm still really mad about 1 think about last night:

The heat were doing cheap shots, the bulls were fouling hard. Yet all you hear is the game was "physical". All actions were equal.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ May 9, 2013 -> 03:34 PM)

I don't think he was ever considering coming back in the first place. I think it's just a rumor people want to believe. If he was coming back he should have done it in the regular season.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 9, 2013 -> 04:33 PM)
I don't think he was ever considering coming back in the first place. I think it's just a rumor people want to believe. If he was coming back he should have done it in the regular season.

THIS X INFINITY

QUOTE (Brian @ May 9, 2013 -> 04:55 PM)
PTI says the woman who flipped off Noah is on her 4th husband. One of her previous husbands was found dead. Amazing how they find that out.

Not only was he found dead, but apparently the guy's brothers thought she did it. I also liked when her daughter said "she's still really hot" in response to internet people calling her ugly.

I like how the other two series gets the night off while the two series from last night go back at it tomorrow night. The Pacer-Knicks series will basically play 1 game in a 6 day span. If any team needs a break, it would be the Bulls, but the league is just not cutting us any slack.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 9, 2013 -> 08:51 PM)
So Doyel, Wilbon and the guy from Hoopsworld have all written stories about Rose coming back tomorrow. Kind of odd

But what do Steve's sources say?

QUOTE (Knuckles @ May 9, 2013 -> 10:54 PM)
Would you have a link for the first two?

I'm sorry, Wilbon said the story of him coming back has legs, he didnt write it (yet)

This is what Doyel wrote

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/2222436...hat-he-sits-out

Accompanied by this tweet:

@GreggDoyelCBS: When Derrick Rose plays tomorrow night, understand something: I did that, with this: http://t.co/ODfnjIiqvg

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 10, 2013 -> 09:16 AM)
Joey Crawford is officiating tonight game, just in case Bulls fans though their was a chance in this one.

yay for dancing technicals and imaginary fouls