2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 16, 2013 -> 04:28 PM)
Well, to be fair, a lot of deals for good players have gone down recently with s*** going back. And they do have that Charlotte pick.

I mean, Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, and some bad picks for James Harden!

Totally different scenarios. Harden was the third banana and the sixth man on that team. They were close to a point where they couldn't afford him. Trading a third banana for some picks/young talent and a guy who can replace some of his scoring is a logical move.

A team won't trade its superstar and best player unless it's in a rebuilding mode, or the said superstar is unhappy with his situation. Both of which is not the case for Love and the TWolves.

I feel that a lot of your scenarios are too much of a pipe dream, ever since your "Derrick Rose to return against Nuggets" stunt just because Thib said Rose is "likely out" against the Warriors the previous game, and, well mostly just your constant Rose return speculations.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 16, 2013 -> 05:49 PM)
he said he'd decide after the season was over, and he might not even need it. haven't heard anything mentioned yet.

I really hope he does. He needs to fix the wrist and the broken thumb he has been dealing with. His shooting has been pretty bad ever since he broke that wrist last year.

I think he skipped out on surgery last year mainly because he wanted to play for the British national team badly, and with Rose out this season, having him out as well is basically throwing in the towel. We have proven we are still a pretty good team without him in the playoffs, and with Rose back (can't imagine), he can take all the time he needs to finally get healthy.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 16, 2013 -> 03:20 PM)
Pointless talking about Love. Bulls have nothing in players/assets that would peak any interest (not that they have any interest in trading him anyway).

Bulls absolutely have assets IF the TWolves decide to move Love (which is probably a big IF):

Deng or Boozer to make salaries work and 2 of Butler/Mirotic/Charlotte pick.

Mirotic is a high lottery pick if he was eligible for this year's draft and the odds of Charlotte turning things around by 2016 is, well, pretty unlikely, so the value of that pick is high. If the TWolves decided that they had no chance of resigning Love and attempt to maximize value in return, can you see anyone else with better assets to make a deal?

Then you have to decide if Kevin Love is the guy who takes you to the next level. I don't know that a low percentage big chucking threes fixes the needs of this roster. When healthy he does get to the line a lot, though, which is very nice. Rose and Love both shooting 41-44% on a f***ton of shots could be painful.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 17, 2013 -> 12:11 PM)
Then you have to decide if Kevin Love is the guy who takes you to the next level. I don't know that a low percentage big chucking threes fixes the needs of this roster. When healthy he does get to the line a lot, though, which is very nice. Rose and Love both shooting 41-44% on a f***ton of shots could be painful.

Not to mention Love played horribly last year. If he was injured the whole time, he probably shouldn't have played.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 17, 2013 -> 12:14 PM)
Not to mention Love played horribly last year. If he was injured the whole time, he probably shouldn't have played.

Eh, throw last year out of the window. His hand was completely f***ed up in the few games he managed to play. However, the year before it's not like he was hitting 50% of his shots - and we know Rose doesn't shoot a high percentage.

That said, with Love in tow, Rose could possibly improve his shooting percentage - if he decides he wants to get on the court, of course.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 17, 2013 -> 01:16 PM)
Eh, throw last year out of the window. His hand was completely f***ed up in the few games he managed to play. However, the year before it's not like he was hitting 50% of his shots - and we know Rose doesn't shoot a high percentage.

That said, with Love in tow, Rose could possibly improve his shooting percentage - if he decides he wants to get on the court, of course.

On "Whether or not Love could be effective"...I'll defer to the god-man that is coaching that team. If he thinks he'd be a good fit next to Rose, by the end of the year, he'd be a good fit next to Rose.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 17, 2013 -> 11:11 AM)

I agree. In a world where the TWolves are shopping Love, the questions for the Bulls are the following:

1) Is Love the right second scorer to pair with Rose (injury issues, efficiency concerns);

2) If you choose not to go after Love, where are you going to find that second scorer (holding on to the hope that either Mirotic is that guy (unlikely) or that you hit the lottery with the Charlotte pick); and

3) Do you think you can beat Miami next year if the full roster is healthy (one last run with Deng who I assume is not re-signed after '14 unless he takes a very large paycut).

There is a certain amount of risk in moving for Love, but if he's available and the Bulls have the assets to get it done, I think the Bulls have to make that move.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 17, 2013 -> 12:29 PM)
On "Whether or not Love could be effective"...I'll defer to the god-man that is coaching that team. If he thinks he'd be a good fit next to Rose, by the end of the year, he'd be a good fit next to Rose.

This is pretty well stated, actually.

I haven't read any of the above posts, but...

The Wolves are not shopping Kevin Love. Move on.

EDIT: Just read a couple of them.. lol at the "efficiency concerns" with Love. Seriously, educate yourself on players before talking about them. Thanks!

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ May 17, 2013 -> 01:37 PM)
I haven't read any of the above posts, but...

The Wolves are not shopping Kevin Love. Move on.

EDIT: Just read a couple of them.. lol at the "efficiency concerns" with Love. Seriously, educate yourself on players before talking about them. Thanks!

This is the NBA. The Wolves might not want to get rid of him, but if he raises a big enough fit, he can pretty much force a trade, unless they want a Dwight Howard type mess on their hands.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 17, 2013 -> 01:51 PM)
This is the NBA. The Wolves might not want to get rid of him, but if he raises a big enough fit, he can pretty much force a trade, unless they want a Dwight Howard type mess on their hands.

He's not going anywhere, and anyone that thinks he is doesn't follow the Wolves or know anything about the current state of the franchise.

Note: he might go somewhere in a few seasons, that much hasn't been determined. But there is a 0.0000001% chance of him being traded from Minnesota this offseason.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ May 17, 2013 -> 01:52 PM)
He's not going anywhere, and anyone that thinks he is doesn't follow the Wolves or know anything about the current state of the franchise.

Note: he might go somewhere in a few seasons, that much hasn't been determined. But there is a 0.0000001% chance of him being traded from Minnesota this offseason.

Or just isnt a die hard biased Wolves fan.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 17, 2013 -> 01:53 PM)
Or just isnt a die hard biased Wolves fan.

Ask ANYONE around the team. ANY of the writers/media members that cover the team full time. He's going nowhere.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 17, 2013 -> 01:58 PM)
I'd have to find one first.

LOL NO ONE LIKES THE TIMBERWOLVES BECAUSE THEY SUCK. GET IT?!

JUST LIKE THE WNBA, AMIRITE?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 17, 2013 -> 02:02 PM)
You really should avoid any talk on here.

Fixed

I don't know why I still bother to read this trash, honestly.

And frankly, the WNBA joke was coming as soon as Steve reads the thread, so might as well point out how stupid the joke is ahead of time.