2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Felix @ May 17, 2013 -> 01:37 PM)
I haven't read any of the above posts, but...

The Wolves are not shopping Kevin Love. Move on.

EDIT: Just read a couple of them.. lol at the "efficiency concerns" with Love. Seriously, educate yourself on players before talking about them. Thanks!

IDK what Steve was talking about with Love and Rose being inefficient together. Love put up near .600 TS before the injury last year. Although I will say I am a bit worried about how bad he was last year, injury or no injury.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 17, 2013 -> 03:11 PM)
Kevin Love finished 4th and 5th in PER in '11 and '12.

(Just so I make sure I'm following stats, that doesn't take into account how much time he missed as a negative the way WAR does in baseball, right?)

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 17, 2013 -> 02:13 PM)
(Just so I make sure I'm following stats, that doesn't take into account how much time he missed as a negative the way WAR does in baseball, right?)

Nope.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 17, 2013 -> 02:13 PM)

No. Games missed doesn't have anything to do with PER. Not that he missed many games those years, I believe.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 17, 2013 -> 03:20 PM)
No. Games missed doesn't have anything to do with PER. Not that he missed many games those years, I believe.

He missed about 10 games in each of those years if I'm counting the lockout year right.

QUOTE (Felix @ May 17, 2013 -> 01:37 PM)
I haven't read any of the above posts, but...

The Wolves are not shopping Kevin Love. Move on.

EDIT: Just read a couple of them.. lol at the "efficiency concerns" with Love. Seriously, educate yourself on players before talking about them. Thanks!

I believe the only concern was pairing two high-volume players who shoot well under 50%. Read posts before replying like a jerk. Thanks!

Of course, nothing more is actually ever expected.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 17, 2013 -> 02:11 PM)
IDK what Steve was talking about with Love and Rose being inefficient together. Love put up near .600 TS before the injury last year. Although I will say I am a bit worried about how bad he was last year, injury or no injury.

I don't know where I said anything about them being inefficient together. That's just a lot of shots with Rose and him combined at a low percentage.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 17, 2013 -> 07:11 PM)
IDK what Steve was talking about with Love and Rose being inefficient together. Love put up near .600 TS before the injury last year.

His career TS is lower than Carlos Boozer's: .563 to .557

His career EFG% is much lower than Boozer's: .530 to .482

It's funny how I can knock Rose and his shooting percentage in a post (something that would normally give the great all-mighty Felix a hard on) and then also discuss Kevin Love's shooting percentage and suddenly I'm starting a flamewar on Kevin Love. Whatever. Dude loves to hate on Rose but can see no fault whatsoever in a player on the Wolves.

If I am interpreting what Steve says correctly, he is suggesting that Kevin Love is a girly manchild who needs a blanky to sleep at night and that, yes, in fact, I (as in wite) am a better low post defender. About right?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 17, 2013 -> 02:57 PM)
If I am interpreting what Steve says correctly, he is suggesting that Kevin Love is a girly manchild who needs a blanky to sleep at night and that, yes, in fact, I (as in wite) am a better low post defender. About right?

Through Felix glasses, that's exactly how it reads.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ May 17, 2013 -> 02:38 PM)
His career TS is lower than Carlos Boozer's: .563 to .557

His career EFG% is much lower than Boozer's: .530 to .482

Carlos Boozer's put up a .530 TS% in a Bulls uniform. So using his career numbers doesn't really mean much of anything.

Plus, Boozer and Love aren't the same kind of players. Love shoots a decent amount of 3s. Boozer's maybe attempted 10 in his entire career. Plus you have to take into account how much better Love is at rebounding, especially on the offensive end.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 17, 2013 -> 02:38 PM)
I don't know where I said anything about them being inefficient together. That's just a lot of shots with Rose and him combined at a low percentage.

That's basically saying they're inefficient at shooting, which is also inferring that they're offensively inefficient.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Jake @ May 17, 2013 -> 11:37 PM)
No way would I part with Butler in said deal.

I wouldn't either. I think he's the 2-guard we were looking for the past 3 years. Maybe he's not the best scoring 2-guard, but he's such a good defender and he can get his points on the offensive end when needed.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 17, 2013 -> 11:54 PM)
I wouldn't either. I think he's the 2-guard we were looking for the past 3 years. Maybe he's not the best scoring 2-guard, but he's such a good defender and he can get his points on the offensive end when needed.

And he is still a bargain. The only way he goes is if we get back a scoring superstar to replace him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2013 -> 09:35 AM)
And he is still a bargain. The only way he goes is if we get back a scoring superstar to replace him.

Having Jimmy is key to whatever moves the Bulls would want to make after 2014. If he's on the roster, then they have a shot at cap space, Mirotic, re-upping with Deng...literally almost anything they want to do...because they can extend him after the FA period ends.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 17, 2013 -> 02:54 PM)
It's funny how I can knock Rose and his shooting percentage in a post (something that would normally give the great all-mighty Felix a hard on) and then also discuss Kevin Love's shooting percentage and suddenly I'm starting a flamewar on Kevin Love. Whatever. Dude loves to hate on Rose but can see no fault whatsoever in a player on the Wolves.

I didn't read your post. My post about the "inefficiency" of Kevin Love was in reference to illinilaw08, which is why I used quotes around the exact phrase he used ("efficiency concerns")

There are plenty of concerns about Kevin Love, most notably that he often b****es at refs instead of running back on D and he's not particularly good at finishing at the rim. That said, if you're concerned about efficiency for a guy that gets to the free throw line at a particularly high rate and shoots a pretty good rate from beyond the arc, you're worried about the wrong things.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 17, 2013 -> 02:29 PM)
Can you send me their contact info?

I'm assuming you were being sarcastic, but tweet them:

@APkrawczynski

@JerryZgoda

@talkhoops

(of course, they'll probably ignore you because they've been asked the same damn question about Love all season and have answered it the same way countless times already)

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 17, 2013 -> 02:54 PM)
Dude loves to hate on Rose but can see no fault whatsoever in a player on the Wolves.

I see many, many flaws in lots of players on the Wolves.

QUOTE (Felix @ May 18, 2013 -> 03:41 PM)
I didn't read your post. My post about the "inefficiency" of Kevin Love was in reference to illinilaw08, which is why I used quotes around the exact phrase he used ("efficiency concerns")

There are plenty of concerns about Kevin Love, most notably that he often b****es at refs instead of running back on D and he's not particularly good at finishing at the rim. That said, if you're concerned about efficiency for a guy that gets to the free throw line at a particularly high rate and shoots a pretty good rate from beyond the arc, you're worried about the wrong things.

Yes, this is key. That's why true shooting percentage is a much better tool to use when evaluating offensive efficiency.