2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 04:12 PM)
I see. So poor Chicago Bulls? We see guys like Gasol, KG, Paul and Anthony getting traded. But whenever the Bulls are involved, it's the other team, right?

Was it ever really revealed how realistic the Kobe deal was and why, if it was a real thing, it fell apart?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 04:15 PM)
Was it ever really revealed how realistic the Kobe deal was and why, if it was a real thing, it fell apart?

I remember what I read. But I don't know for sure. I'm not an insider. But this has happened too many times. What are you promising Luol Deng anything for?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 05:15 PM)

It fell apart because Kobe wasn't serious about going, had a no-trade clause, and wasn't going to go to another city that had just gutted its roster for him.

In the other 2 cases, the Bulls couldn't offer cap relief. They could have offered a better deal for Gasol but without cap help, and anyway, the Grizz were determined to help the Lakers out there,.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 04:17 PM)
I remember what I read. But I don't know for sure. I'm not an insider. But this has happened too many times. What are you promising Luol Deng anything for?

I do find it silly that a player of Deng's stature had to be "assured" he wasn't involved in any trades. That's a little boy's game.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 03:44 PM)
And this is why the Bulls will never, ever win a championship.

except for the 6 they already won

LOL and before you get uber defensive, I know what you mean. You just typed it funny

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 04:17 PM)
It fell apart because Kobe wasn't serious about going, had a no-trade clause, and wasn't going to go to another city that had just gutted its roster for him.

In the other 2 cases, the Bulls couldn't offer cap relief. They could have offered a better deal for Gasol but without cap help, and anyway, the Grizz were determined to help the Lakers out there,.

Sorry, you're wrong. Kobe was dead serious about leaving BEFORE Gasol was acquired. He's admitted it. Those in the organization have said as much.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 05:24 PM)
Sorry, you're wrong. Kobe was dead serious about leaving BEFORE Gasol was acquired. He's admitted it. Those in the organization have said as much.

But he wasn't going to go to Chicago if Chicago traded away Deng, leaving him the only player left on the roster, and the Lakers weren't going to do that deal without Deng coming back because everything else would have been a joke of a price for Bryant. And Kobe had a no trade clause, so he could genuinely say no...for whatever reason.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 04:26 PM)
But he wasn't going to go to Chicago if Chicago traded away Deng, leaving him the only player left on the roster, and the Lakers weren't going to do that deal without Deng coming back because everything else would have been a joke of a price for Bryant. And Kobe had a no trade clause, so he could genuinely say no...for whatever reason.

I've heard that. You said Kobe wasn't serious. He was serious. Could anything have been worked out that didn't include Deng? We'll never know. But don't say Kobe was just woofin'.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 05:29 PM)
I've heard that. You said Kobe wasn't serious. He was serious. Could anything have been worked out that didn't include Deng? We'll never know. But don't say Kobe was just woofin'.

If Kobe was serious in wanting to get out of L.A. he could have sat out/refused to play. Until he did that, the Lakers were going to have to get a stellar deal to move him. So no...Kobe Bryant Was Not Serious about leaving L.A.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 04:34 PM)
If Kobe was serious in wanting to get out of L.A. he could have sat out/refused to play. Until he did that, the Lakers were going to have to get a stellar deal to move him. So no...Kobe Bryant Was Not Serious about leaving L.A.

Nope, I don't buy it. Kobe didn't get up in front of the world and say , "do something or else" just for show. And this isn't the NFL. When do you ever see guys just refuse to play in the NBA?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 05:40 PM)
Nope, I don't buy it. Kobe didn't get up in front of the world and say , "do something or else" just for show. And this isn't the NFL. When do you ever see guys just refuse to play in the NBA?

Like when Iverson did it at about the same time?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 05:44 PM)
Philly didn't want him anymore. And he refused to play because whomever the hell was coaching at the time, I can't remember, wanted him to come off the bench.

And so he made a stink, wound up on the inactive list, and was traded a few weeks later. If Kobe Bryant was serious about being traded, that's what he had to do. Otherwise, the Lakers weren't going to move him unless something blew them away, because things hadn't truly come to a head.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 04:50 PM)
And so he made a stink, wound up on the inactive list, and was traded a few weeks later. If Kobe Bryant was serious about being traded, that's what he had to do. Otherwise, the Lakers weren't going to move him unless something blew them away, because things hadn't truly come to a head.

Plus the Lakers never get fleeced in any deals, they usually do the fleecing.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 04:58 PM)
Plus the Lakers never get fleeced in any deals, they usually do the fleecing.

That's what the elite organizations do. Not waiting around for a Michael at #3 or a Rose at 1.7% chance. The Bulls, like the rest of the east, are going to be the Heat's b****es for the next 3-4 years.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 02:24 PM)

The problem was the Lakers wouldn't agree to the deal without Deng and Kobe wouldn't approve a trade with Deng moving. Twice Kobe was extremely close to being a Bull. Neither time was he not a Bull because of the Bulls refusal to give up any of the players you mentioned.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 08:25 PM)
The problem was the Lakers wouldn't agree to the deal without Deng and Kobe wouldn't approve a trade with Deng moving. Twice Kobe was extremely close to being a Bull. Neither time was he not a Bull because of the Bulls refusal to give up any of the players you mentioned.

You know what, fine. I've heard a lot of different things in regards to Kobe. I don't know for sure what went down and I will concede that. But look, this is the third largest market in the country. Do something! Let's stop waiting for miracles and take aggressive action. Don't you promise Luol Deng anything. He's not that good to be promising him s***.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 09:39 PM)
Roto has the Bulls taking Draymond Green. http://www.rotoworld.com/slide/nba/238/2012-NBA-Draft

That would be extremely puzzeling.

There's something about Green that reminds me of smaller Taj Gibson. A defensive 2nd unit of Pg-Butler-Green-Taj-Omer would be pretty impressive but may struggle to score, bringing back CJ would add to that on the offensive end of things. In the little bit we saw of Butler I think he could be a good scorer, looks like he's not afraid to shoot the basketball.