2012-2013 NBA thread

The problem is that Butler is not really a great shooter, so in College he scored a lot more getting to the hoop and relying on athleticism. In college he averaged about 6-7 fts per game, he just is unlikely to get that amount in the pros.

He can probably be a Ronnie Brewer if he can get better as a defender, but itd be a huge improvement if Butler even comes close to averaging 10 pts per game next year.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 11:47 PM)
The problem is that Butler is not really a great shooter, so in College he scored a lot more getting to the hoop and relying on athleticism. In college he averaged about 6-7 fts per game, he just is unlikely to get that amount in the pros.

He can probably be a Ronnie Brewer if he can get better as a defender, but itd be a huge improvement if Butler even comes close to averaging 10 pts per game next year.

I see no problem in him going to the hoop a lot on that 2nd unit. He won't score enough to be a starter but I think he'll develop into a pretty good role player. In the limited time we saw him I think he may already be on par with Brewer defensively, I remember Thibs putting him in against guys like Lebron and Melo and giving them fits.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

Other rumors/tidbits: Jason Kidd would be interested in playing for the Bulls and is ok with a backup role, the Bulls are one of the top suitors for Brandon Roy, and Nikola Mirotic likely will stay overseas until 2014.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 01:47 AM)
Other rumors/tidbits: Jason Kidd would be interested in playing for the Bulls and is ok with a backup role, the Bulls are one of the top suitors for Brandon Roy, and Nikola Mirotic likely will stay overseas until 2014.

What kind of money is Roy gonna get?? If the funds are there, which right now theyre not, Id take a flyer on Roy in a "throwaway year"....Would he take the MLE??

Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress

The Houston Rockets have traded Chase Budinger to Minnesota for the #18 pick. Confirmed.

Houston now has: #14, #16, #18 and are believed to be making a push for Dwight.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 09:10 AM)
Just saw on SC that there is supposedly "mutual interest" between Ray Allen and the Heat. Wouldn't that be just wonderful (assuming he's healthy, of course).

I don't think he'll get more than 25 min of playing time there. They already have Battier, LeBron, Wade, and James Jones at the 2 and 3.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 09:16 AM)
I don't think he'll get more than 25 min of playing time there. They already have Battier, LeBron, Wade, and James Jones at the 2 and 3.

James Jones ain't stealing tick from anyone.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 12:47 AM)

Jason Kidd is a backup at this point. He shot 36% last year, granted, they were pretty much all 3 pointers...

I also don't see how Brandon Roy can have healthy knees ever again.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 09:16 AM)
James Jones ain't stealing tick from anyone.

Even if he takes Battier's role, he will still have a hard time getting more than 25 min of playing time.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 12:58 AM)
What kind of money is Roy gonna get?? If the funds are there, which right now theyre not, Id take a flyer on Roy in a "throwaway year"....Would he take the MLE??

Apparently multiple teams are interested in giving him the full MLE. He got the same "platelet-rich" therapy that Kobe did. The likelihood of him returning to form would be low, but if he somehow did with the Bulls, well, that could be really, really interesting.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 09:42 AM)
Apparently multiple teams are interested in giving him the full MLE. He got the same "platelet-rich" therapy that Kobe did. The likelihood of him returning to form would be low, but if he somehow did with the Bulls, well, that could be really, really interesting.

Zach Lowe ‏@ZachLowe_SI

Have spoken to three sports medicine experts who say platelet-rich-plasma therapy would have little/no value to Brandon Roy.

After watching Ray Allen help the Heat against Boston, I would welcome his addition to Miami. It was sad watching Jesus Shuttleworth fall so far.

In the playoffs he shot 30% from three, under 40% total. He didnt even shoot free throws well, around 70%.

He was decent during the regular season, I just dont think he has much left in the tank.

They could take a risk, I think most fans are wondering how this current Bulls team is going to manage to win a title. Last year it was easy to sell Bulls fans on standing pat and making small adjustments.

I also think fans feel Deng is somewhat of a risk and arent sure why the Bulls are seemingly not thinking about moving him while its possible.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 11:17 AM)
They could take a risk, I think most fans are wondering how this current Bulls team is going to manage to win a title. Last year it was easy to sell Bulls fans on standing pat and making small adjustments.

I also think fans feel Deng is somewhat of a risk and arent sure why the Bulls are seemingly not thinking about moving him while its possible.

I've gotten the impression that they've thought a lot about moving him, Deng knows they've thought a lot about moving him, but they aren't going to move him just to move him, they're going to move him if a deal comes along that helps them long term, particularly with the luxury tax line...and teams are going to be loathe to simply help the Bulls out in exchange for Luol Deng.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 10:33 PM)
Why?

That would seemingly make the least sense of any pick the Bulls could possibly make. Id rather have Ezeli than Sullinger. Sullinger reminds me of Boozer, and the last thing the Bulls need is 2 of them.

$$$$$

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 10:21 AM)
I've gotten the impression that they've thought a lot about moving him, Deng knows they've thought a lot about moving him, but they aren't going to move him just to move him, they're going to move him if a deal comes along that helps them long term, particularly with the luxury tax line...and teams are going to be loathe to simply help the Bulls out in exchange for Luol Deng.

No one is saying to move him just to move him, the Bulls just dont make aggressive moves.

A lot of places are saying the Bulls assured Deng they wont trade him, I cant find the source and other Bulls writers say that the Bulls have contacted some lottery teams, so who knows.

That being said, the lack of creativity from the front office is mind blowing.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 11:30 AM)
No one is saying to move him just to move him, the Bulls just dont make aggressive moves.

A lot of places are saying the Bulls assured Deng they wont trade him, I cant find the source and other Bulls writers say that the Bulls have contacted some lottery teams, so who knows.

That being said, the lack of creativity from the front office is mind blowing.

No, they assured Deng he wasn't going to the Warriors, not that he wouldn't be traded.

According to a tweet by Yahoo Sports’ Adrian Wojnarowski on Monday morning, the Bulls have privately assured Deng that there is “no chance” they will trade him to the Warriors.