2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ May 18, 2013 -> 08:57 PM)
Knicks down 10, Shumpert hits 3 three's in a row, and Smith follows it up with another. Should be crazy finish.

Yeah, Knicks looked dead ( sans Carmelo) before the aerial attack.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 18, 2013 -> 09:54 PM)
Welp, congrats to the three-time eastern conference champion Heat. I thought maybe with their 3-point shooting that the Knicks could get hot (kinda like the Mavs in '11) and possibly shock the world. Pacers? Boring. Heat in 5.

The pacers have a better shot than the Knicks ever did. The Knicks are paper tigers

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 18, 2013 -> 10:03 PM)
The pacers have a better shot than the Knicks ever did. The Knicks are paper tigers

Disagree. This is, like, the exact same Pacer team that lost in 6 with no Bosh last year. Heat are deeper and have swag now. Pacers don't have the firepower. It was at least conceivable that the Knicks' potency from deep could give them a small chance.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 18, 2013 -> 10:30 PM)
Spectacular analysis.

They do suck, they've been medicore defensively this year and aren't that great offensively unless they hit a s***-load of 3's or Melo plays out of his mind. The odds of that happening four times against a good opponent are not high. Their 2nd and 3rd scorers are J.R. Smith (the ultimate hot/cold scorer) and Ray Felton for christ's sake.

I don't expect the Pacers to win, but at least they defend and have interior scoring.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 18, 2013 -> 10:33 PM)
They do suck, they've been medicore defensively this year and aren't that great offensively unless they hit a s***-load of 3's or Melo plays out of his mind. The odds of that happening four times against a good opponent are not high. Their second best scorer is Ray Felton for christ's sake.

I don't expect the Pacers to win, but at least they defend and have interior scoring.

No. That would be J.R. Smith. Interior scoring? Who? Hibbert? lol. He sucks. He's fat and slow. This is the ONLY time you'll get me to agree with booqua. Hibbert is good by today's big man standards. That's it. Unless they hit a s*** load of 3's? That was my point. That's exactly what they do. They only set records for makes and takes on a very good 37% from the field. I'll take my chances with that over Roy Hibbert show.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 18, 2013 -> 10:34 PM)
NY was 3-1 against Miami (though one of those wins were with 'bron, pants, and chalmers out). Yeah, I know. Regular season means nothing, etc. On paper, Knicks matched up much better. Indiana is a worse version of Memphis.

And the Pacers were 2 and 1 against them. As you said, that means nothing.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 18, 2013 -> 10:35 PM)
Know. That would be J.R. Smith. Interior scoring? Who? Hibbert? lol. He sucks. He's fat and slow. This is the ONLY time you'll get me to agree with booqua. Hibbert is good by today's big man standards. That's it.

I changed the way I was writing it mid-stream and messed it up. J.R. Smith is useless unless he's hitting jumpers anyways, as we saw for much of these playoffs.

Hibbert and West are both better scorers than anyone the Knicks have inside (unless we're talking about the 5 minutes Amare is healthy). "Today's standards" are all that matters unless the Heat can somehow add Hakeem in his prime.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 18, 2013 -> 10:35 PM)
No. That would be J.R. Smith. Interior scoring? Who? Hibbert? lol. He sucks. He's fat and slow. This is the ONLY time you'll get me to agree with booqua. Hibbert is good by today's big man standards. That's it. Unless they hit a s*** load of 3's? That was my point. That's exactly what they do. They only set records for makes and takes on a very good 37% from the field. I'll take my chances with that over Roy Hibbert show.

It's hard to make a ton of 3's over a 7 game series, especially against a good defensive team. How did that work out against Indiana? Ask any basketball coach out there, they'd much rather take their chances with good defense than chucking 3's.

I don't think Indiana is going to win, but trying to win a shootout against the Heat usually isn't going to end well. In case you didn't notice, they shot almost 40% from 3 on the year themselves on nearly 9 makes a game.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 18, 2013 -> 10:45 PM)
It's hard to make a ton of 3's over a 7 game series, especially against a good defensive team. How did that work out against Indiana? Ask any basketball coach out there, they'd much rather take their chances with good defense than chucking 3's.

I don't think Indiana is going to win, but trying to win a shootout against the Heat usually isn't going to end well. In case you didn't notice, they shot almost 40% from 3 on the year themselves on nearly 9 makes a game.

They don't "chuck" threes. They hit a a ton of them on a well above league average percentage. I don't know what the numbers were against Indiana. I'm sure the numbers were down. Point is still the same. We saw Dallas beat the Heat playing a similar style. Would the Knicks have won? Hell no. I would've given them a 10% chance at best. You can't even come up with a realistic scenario for this boring ass, big 10-like, crap Pacer team. That's all I was saying. s*** is over before it even starts.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 18, 2013 -> 10:58 PM)
They don't "chuck" threes. They hit a a ton of them on a well above league average percentage. I don't know what the numbers were against Indiana. I'm sure the numbers were down. Point is still the same. We saw Dallas beat the Heat playing a similar style. Would the Knicks have won? Hell no. I would've given them a 10% chance at best. You can't even come up with a realistic scenario for this boring ass, big 10-like, crap Pacer team. That's all I was saying. s*** is over before it even starts.

Dallas won because Lebron played like Luol Deng in that series, and they still had to hit like 80% of their 3's in games 5 and 6 (stats estimated).

Dirk was also significantly more efficient than Melo. That was also when Joel Anthony and Mike Bibby's corpse were getting significant playing time for the Heat. Oh, and the Mavericks held the Heat under 95 in each of their first four games while hitting 9 (a loss), 8, 6 and 4 3's before getting hot. Other than that, exactly the same scenario.

The scenario is simple: play good D, pound the glass (Miami is the worst rebounding team in the league) and punish the Heat for playing small. It's not likely, but neither is New York beating a team that's far superior to them in nearly every way and almost as good as they are at their one strength (arguably better since they hit for a higher percentage).

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 18, 2013 -> 11:11 PM)
Dallas won because Lebron played like Luol Deng in that series, and they still had to hit like 80% of their 3's in games 5 and 6 (stats estimated).

Dirk was also significantly more efficient than Melo. That was also when Joel Anthony and Mike Bibby's corpse were getting significant playing time for the Heat. Oh, and the Mavericks held the Heat under 95 in each of their first four games while hitting 9 (a loss), 8, 6 and 4 3's before getting hot. Other than that, exactly the same scenario.

The scenario is simple: play good D, pound the glass (Miami is the worst rebounding team in the league) and punish the Heat for playing small. It's not likely, but neither is New York beating a team that's far superior to them in nearly every way and almost as good as they are at their one strength (arguably better since they hit for a higher percentage).

My scenario happened in '11. Your scenario hasn't worked since the 90's. Whatever. I think we can both agree that the Heat are going to win the title. As somebody who really doesn't want to see that happen, I was looking for anything, and I mean ANYTHING, that could possibly take place to keep that from occurring. I'm not even sure this Pacer team is as good as the 2007 Bulls.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 18, 2013 -> 11:35 PM)
My scenario happened in '11. Your scenario hasn't worked since the 90's. Whatever. I think we can both agree that the Heat are going to win the title. As somebody who really doesn't want to see that happen, I was looking for anything, and I mean ANYTHING, that could possibly take place to keep that from occurring. I'm not even sure this Pacer team is as good as the 2007 Bulls.

If you are looking for something, ANYTHING, to keep that from happening, then you shouldn't have been looking towards the Knicks. The Heat would have raped them.

I know your super hyperbolizer has declared the Pacers less than the 1988 clippers, but they play a much more frustrating brand of basketball against the heat. George and Stephenson will give Wade and Lebron problems with their D. They both will get theirs but they would have destroyed the Knicks "defense".

I love how you rip zoom for saying Knicks suck and come back with Hibbert is fat and slow. Lol. Mahinmi and West are going to give the Heat some problems down low with Hibbert.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 19, 2013 -> 07:55 AM)
If you are looking for something, ANYTHING, to keep that from happening, then you shouldn't have been looking towards the Knicks. The Heat would have raped them.

I know your super hyperbolizer has declared the Pacers less than the 1988 clippers, but they play a much more frustrating brand of basketball against the heat. George and Stephenson will give Wade and Lebron problems with their D. They both will get theirs but they would have destroyed the Knicks "defense".

I love how you rip zoom for saying Knicks suck and come back with Hibbert is fat and slow. Lol. Mahinmi and West are going to give the Heat some problems down low with Hibbert.

I agree with this. The Pacers play similar to the Bulls but with more offensive options. Stephenson is playing insane and I don't see Chalmers getting in his way. I'll take Vogel anyday of the week over Spoelstra as well.

I don't think the Pacers will win the series but could see it going 7 easily.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 19, 2013 -> 07:55 AM)

That's because he is fat and slow. He's tall, WIDE, and takes up a lot of space (which is enough to be considered good by 2013 big man standards). He averages under 30 MPG because he gets winded easily. 12 and 8? c'mon now. And he's going to have to guard Bosh this series. It's going to be raining jumpers or Bosh will just blow right by him. I know you big ten guys watch that crap and think it's real basketball, but it's not. That's what the pacers play like. Doesn't work in the vastly new and improved NBA.