How many times have we been shutout since 09?

chisoxfan09

I know we are in the midst of a roller coster ride within a tremendously weak division but does anyone have a link or stats on how may times we have been shutout since at least 2009? I really want to say we lead the league in this category with our "Feast or Famine" offense but haven't found the correct portal where this stat is published. I checked Baseballreference.com but they don't seem to have it. Just curious after's yesterday's gooseegg affair.

I doubt we lead the league.

Surely, Seattle and Oakland have been much worse. Minnesota the last couple of seasons.

Strange comment with our offense coming into yesterday's game ahead of the Yankees in runs scored with a roster half as expensive...and 4th overall in the American League.

I doubt we lead the league.

Surely, Seattle and Oakland have been much worse. Minnesota the last couple of seasons.

Strange comment with our offense coming into yesterday's game ahead of the Yankees in runs scored with a roster half as expensive...and 4th overall in the American League.

Caulfield, I am not down on the team as a whole but it is rather obvious that we go into offensive droughts seemingly at the drop of a dime. And we seem to get shut out by no name pitchers more often than not. Just was curious as to how often because I know in 2010 and 11 we really got bit hard by the goose egg bug. Nothing more.

Maybe I should have said we might be in the top 10 in leaving RISP. That is a far more telling stat.

Edited by SpainSOXfan09

I cannot imagine the pain of being a Dodgers fan this past week. They have gone 20-30 innings without scoring!

Was watching the Red Sox-M's game last nite and they mentioned that the M's have the second fewest errors in the AL...only behind the White Sox.

Sox are playing good defense, and hitting with RISP....which adds up to a solid team.

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 1, 2012 -> 08:48 AM)
The Sox have the highest BA RISP in all of baseball so far this year...

http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/sortable.jsp#sect...&split=risp

Don't tell me what you hit, but when you hit it. The Sox are good at hitting with runners in scoring position with a big lead. Not so much in come from behind situations. At least, it appears that way to me.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 12:52 PM)
Don't tell me what you hit, but when you hit it. The Sox are good at hitting with runners in scoring position with a big lead. Not so much in come from behind situations. At least, it appears that way to me.

It's a lot easier to remember those situations when you need the clutch hit and don't get it. There's no way they lead the league in RISP and are awful in those situations compared to with a big lead.

But the whole idea of "clutch" is silly anyway, a guy is going to hit what he hits in that at bat.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 4, 2012 -> 12:44 AM)
It's a lot easier to remember those situations when you need the clutch hit and don't get it. There's no way they lead the league in RISP and are awful in those situations compared to with a big lead.

But the whole idea of "clutch" is silly anyway, a guy is going to hit what he hits in that at bat.

I call BS on this. There some hitters that definitely have a knack for the clutch hit, as well as some pitchers that have the knack of not allowing the clutch hit.