Shooting in CO at Batman premiere

Joxer_Daly

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 03:29 PM)
You assume so much in that post it is not worth my effort to educate you any more. I told you I don't endorse his being raped. I told you I want him to fear being raped. That's pretty cut and dried. You accused me of wanting somebody raped which is not the case. You won't apologize for it. Good for you. You get the last word with your refusal to apologize. You win. On to the next topic.

None of us win as long as there are people like you who think "ha, it's be great if he has to watch his backside in prison!" is an appropriate punishment, joke, or anything else.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 02:29 PM)
You assume so much in that post it is not worth my effort to educate you any more. I told you I don't endorse his being raped. I told you I want him to fear being raped. That's pretty cut and dried. You accused me of wanting somebody raped, being happy about somebody being raped, which is not the case. You won't apologize for it. Good for you. You get the last word with your refusal to apologize. You win. On to the next topic.

Dude, if you want him to fear being raped, then you want there to be a legitimate reason for that dear.unless you're hoping he irrationally fears things and coincidentally picked rape.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 08:44 PM)
Dude, if you want him to fear being raped, then you want there to be a legitimate reason for that dear.unless you're hoping he irrationally fears things and coincidentally picked rape.

I disagree. I want him to fear being raped because I feel he is the scum of the earth. He is lower than low. He is dirt. He doesn't deserve to live. So I hope every moment of his waking life is spent in fear and or terror. I feel this way because of the harm he inflicted on all those people. He went after defenseless people in a movie theatre, one of the most cowardly acts of all time. All the victims have loved ones who I feel for. I care about what happens to them, not some douchebag scumbag shooting defenseless people.

I feel this way because he ended the lives of many people, people who deserved to live long lives. Yes I hate this man. Does that make me evil. I hope God forgives me if my anger constitutes a crime against humanity. Yes I want that scumbag to fear. But I do not wish anybody to harm a bone on his body and to break any laws in attacking him. That's basically my position but if everybody wants to add things that aren't there, go ahead.

I really appreciate sentences that start with the words ... "None of us win as long as there are people like you ...." Really classy. Yeah people like me are really bad. People like me really are trash.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 06:12 PM)
I disagree. I want him to fear being raped

the only reason someone would (rationally) fear being raped in prison is because there is a serious problem with rape in prison. If you want that fear to continue, you want that problem to continue.

I don't think you actually support continued prison rapings, but that's where your statement leads to.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 01:50 AM)
the only reason someone would (rationally) fear being raped in prison is because there is a serious problem with rape in prison. If you want that fear to continue, you want that problem to continue.

I don't think you actually support continued prison rapings, but that's where your statement leads to.

I'd like to hear your guys' position on the killer. That's the topic here. You guys seem to be offended that I think he's a piece of s***. I think I've made my position clear on the prison rape matter. Hell yes I hope he dreads the possibility of going to the general population and fears the possibility of rape. I want the guy's life to be a living hell. I'm a little appalled you guys seem to be taking the side of this creep.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 12:40 AM)
Which prisoners are ok to rape and hitch aren't? We need to know the rules here, and you've decided that you're a good person to judge, so please let us know when it's ok.

No prisoners are ok to rape. But do i hope Holmes every moment of his waking day fears what's ahead for him, of course I want that. I want every moment of the rest of his life to be hell.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 01:47 AM)
I'd like to hear your guys' position on the killer. That's the topic here. You guys seem to be offended that I think he's a piece of s***. I think I've made my position clear on the prison rape matter. Hell yes I hope he dreads the possibility of going to the general population and fears the possibility of rape. I want the guy's life to be a living hell. I'm a little appalled you guys seem to be taking the side of this creep.

Nobody is offended that you think he's a piece of s***. We're disgusted that you think fear of being raped is a good thing. Because that means there's a lot of rape.

That doesn't mean we're taking anyone's side apart from "nobody should be raped, including prisoners."

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 02:02 AM)
No prisoners are ok to rape. But do i hope Holmes every moment of his waking day fears what's ahead for him, of course I want that. I want every moment of the rest of his life to be hell.

This isn't complicated. He would only fear being raped if being raped is a serious problem in prisons. I do not want rape to be a serious problem in prisons, and mindsets that view rape or a fear of rape as legitimate punishment are appalling and affect more than just prisoners.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 07:40 PM)
Which prisoners are ok to rape and hitch aren't? We need to know the rules here, and you've decided that you're a good person to judge, so please let us know when it's ok.

Those scumbags who rape women or children is a great start...

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 11:48 AM)
Nobody is offended that you think he's a piece of s***. We're disgusted that you think fear of being raped is a good thing. Because that means there's a lot of rape.

That doesn't mean we're taking anyone's side apart from "nobody should be raped, including prisoners."

I don't think it means there's a lot of rape. There's a perception out there that prisoners bang each other in prison and some of it is forced. That perception will probably be there forever cause there's no proof of it either way. So would I be happy if Holmes fears the possibility of that? Sure. I don't like Holmes. I am a supporter of victims; I don't care about the people who ruin lives. Always been that way. Just because I want him to fear the possibility of what lies ahead doesn't mean I want prisoners to break the law and rape him or whack him in the knees with a baseball bat. But should he fear that, that'd be nice.

And judging from what I read about Holmes complaining about the prison food, I'm thinking he will be a little concerned about what awaits him in general population if he doesn't get a cushy 40-year stay in a mental hospital.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 03:09 PM)
I don't think it means there's a lot of rape. There's a perception out there that prisoners bang each other in prison and some of it is forced. That perception will probably be there forever cause there's no proof of it either way. So would I be happy if Holmes fears the possibility of that? Sure. I don't like Holmes. I am a supporter of victims; I don't care about the people who ruin lives. Always been that way. Just because I want him to fear the possibility of what lies ahead doesn't mean I want prisoners to break the law and rape him or whack him in the knees with a baseball bat. But should he fear that, that'd be nice.

And judging from what I read about Holmes complaining about the prison food, I'm thinking he will be a little concerned about what awaits him in general population if he doesn't get a cushy 40-year stay in a mental hospital.

It's difficult to do a true estimate since neither outside-of-prison rape nor prison-rape ever actually gets reported, but the justice department in 2008 finally put together the most basic estimate you could do and they wound up concluding that it's likely that the majority of rapes in the U.S. are prison rapes (there are more prison rapes than all other rapes combined). This has likely made the U.S. the first country in the history of the world where there are more men raped than women. This has even led to multiple documented cases of prisoners acquiring AIDS solely through prison rape.

There is...a lot of prison rape in this country.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 02:09 PM)
I don't think it means there's a lot of rape. There's a perception out there that prisoners bang each other in prison and some of it is forced. That perception will probably be there forever cause there's no proof of it either way.

That perception is there because there's a huge amount of prison rape that actually happens. If that wasn't true, there wouldn't be fear of it.

Prison rape in America is so prevalent that more men are raped than women in this country. Rape or fear of rape should never be seen as a punishment.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 09:59 PM)
That perception is there because there's a huge amount of prison rape that actually happens. If that wasn't true, there wouldn't be fear of it.

Prison rape in America is so prevalent that more men are raped than women in this country. Rape or fear of rape should never be seen as a punishment.

My point is even if all prison rape stopped today, which it should cause it's against the law, that the perception (fear) that it could occur would still be out there for the next 25 years or so. Whenever you hear about a child molester going to jail, somebody out there mentions the fact the prison population will be happy to meet this molester up close and personal. That won't change for 50 years even if all rape stopped today.

I'm against prison rape, but for people like Holmes fearing it. I don't know why that makes me a bad guy. The bad guy here is Holmes, the scum of the earth in fact is he.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 05:14 PM)
My point is even if all prison rape stopped today, which it should cause it's against the law, that the perception (fear) that it could occur would still be out there for the next 25 years or so. Whenever you hear about a child molester going to jail, somebody out there mentions the fact the prison population will be happy to meet this molester up close and personal. That won't change for 50 years even if all rape stopped today.

I'm against prison rape, but for people like Holmes fearing it. I don't know why that makes me a bad guy. The bad guy here is Holmes, the scum of the earth in fact is he.

You are correct when you say that the perception would linger for years after the problem stopped.

What makes you a bad guy is endorsing the current situation that leads to that very legitimate perception. You want people like Holmes fearing it, but if it stopped tomorrow, then they wouldn't fear it in, say, 25 years. That implies that you're in favor of rape-as-punishment culture continuing in prisons so that bad people will fear being raped if not actually be raped.

Holmes is a bad person, but so is anyone who wants to further rape-as-punishment.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 10:17 PM)
You are correct when you say that the perception would linger for years after the problem stopped.

What makes you a bad guy is endorsing the current situation that leads to that very legitimate perception. You want people like Holmes fearing it, but if it stopped tomorrow, then they wouldn't fear it in, say, 25 years. That implies that you're in favor of rape-as-punishment culture continuing in prisons so that bad people will fear being raped if not actually be raped.

Holmes is a bad person, but so is anyone who wants to further rape-as-punishment.

The key words here .... "That implies"

I've said over and over what I meant and what my stance is, so I'm not implying anything. You guys don't want to address that part of my argument which is crazy. How many times do I have to say it? I'm not implying anything.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 06:14 PM)

What you're missing is that the people who think "ha, that child molester is going to get raped" are part of the problem.

Yes, Holmes is a bad guy. That does not mean we need to be bad guys, be part of the problem, because of it.

Your statements that you like people fearing prison rape but want no prison rape continue to be incoherent. If it were actually punished, no one would legitimately fear it.

Your statements that he should fear prison rape are tantamount to me saying that he should fear dealing with the real Batman now that he's in jail...you responding "There is no actual batman", and me saying "Sure but he should still be afraid of it". It's nonsensical unless you want to actually have batman put into the prisons.

The only way that is a legitimate fear is if it continues to be rampant.

And if you really want to get down to it, James Holmes will never have to fear prison rape. If he's convicted and jailed, he's going to go to one of those places where you put multi-murderers. He's going to be one of the ones who are in solitary, maximum security for 23 hours a day+, possibly on his way to death row. So even your revolting desire that he goes to bed fearing rape will not happen.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 05:24 PM)
The key words here .... "That implies"

I've said over and over what I meant and what my stance is, so I'm not implying anything. You guys don't want to address that part of my argument which is crazy. How many times do I have to say it? I'm not implying anything.

What you say implies things, whether you meant for them to or not. Your protestations aside, your position leads to supporting the continuation of prison rape so that "bad people" fear it. That's deplorable.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 11:39 PM)
What you say implies things, whether you meant for them to or not. Your protestations aside, your position leads to supporting the continuation of prison rape so that "bad people" fear it. That's deplorable.

I can't believe my restating my position over and over can't clear up this misrepresentation of me by you.

And if you really want to get down to it, James Holmes will never have to fear prison rape. If he's convicted and jailed, he's going to go to one of those places where you put multi-murderers. He's going to be one of the ones who are in solitary, maximum security for 23 hours a day+, possibly on his way to death row. So even your revolting desire that he goes to bed fearing rape will not happen.

This comment by Balta should make me look even better in regards to this argument.

Great. I am glad he will be fearing sitting in a room 23 hours a day with his only reprieve one hour of sunlight per day. That is just as horrifying a thing as prison rape. So great, if it's more humanitarian, I can state I hope Holmes currently is fearing the possibility of sitting in a cell 23 hours a day the rest of his life. He won't know what day it is, what week it is, what holiday is coming up. He gave up the right to have a life by taking the lives of so many others. Fear that, Mr. Holmes because YOU CHOSE THAT, Mr. Holmes.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 11:43 PM)
This comment by Balta should make me look even better in regards to this argument.

Great. I am glad he will be fearing sitting in a room 23 hours a day with his only reprieve one hour of sunlight per day. That is just as horrifying a thing as prison rape. So great, if it's more humanitarian, I can state I hope Holmes currently is fearing the possibility of sitting in a cell 23 hours a day the rest of his life. He won't know what day it is, what week it is, what holiday is coming up. He gave up the right to have a life by taking the lives of so many others. Fear that, Mr. Holmes because YOU CHOSE THAT, Mr. Holmes.

I am fully content with that as a punishment and would encourage you to in the future consider this as a good goal, while leaving "Rape" out of it.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 11:39 PM)

And considering how many of these rapes happen in juvenile facilities, ...ugh i just can't even follow that up. It's too awful

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 03:28 PM)
And considering how many of these rapes happen in juvenile facilities, ...ugh i just can't even follow that up. It's too awful

Why the hell aren't the people committing these crimes in juvenile facilities arrested and charged? Are these facilities being run by out of control animals? There are laws out there and if these facilities are all corrupt ... WTF is going on???? Get this problem fixed!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 03:04 PM)
Why the hell aren't the people committing these crimes in juvenile facilities arrested and charged? Are these facilities being run by out of control animals? There are laws out there and if these facilities are all corrupt ... WTF is going on???? Get this problem fixed!

Rape in prisons is ok. It's a joke, not a crime.

See where my outrage comes from when people suggest that it's going to happen once someone gets sent to jail?

It's really hard to get it fixed too...because virtually no one is willing to stand up for the rights of prisoners to not be raped...because that involves standing up for the rights of prisoners. Most politicians get elected calling for tougher treatment of prisoners, not sympathy for them.