SOX GAMETHREAD: PEAVY FOR THREE

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 02:01 PM)
Beckham hasn't been very good offensively this year, but he has hit better than his numbers. He's definitely worth keeping around.

I'm amazed people can still defend Beckham offensively at this point. What player are you watching?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 08:04 PM)
I'm amazed people can still defend Beckham offensively at this point. What player are you watching?

He hits .250. Like somebody said in the other thread he's like a 1960s ball player, great field with a blah .250 average. .250 is better than .190, though, so he'll probably stick in the majors for 20 years as a glove guy.

QUOTE (johnnymick @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 01:41 PM)
I don't have sound where I am watching. What were all those items given out to some players?

ah, forgot these awards too, Ventura presented Best Actor, Best Director and Best Supporting Actor awards to Gordon Beckham (for his role as Jake Peavy in the #TakeJake campaign), Paul Konerko and Jerry Reinsdorf

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 02:04 PM)

I'm seeing a guy with a heck of a lot of line outs this season who was hitting really well in the 2 hole which should re-open next season.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 02:07 PM)
I'm seeing a guy with a heck of a lot of line outs this season who was hitting really well in the 2 hole which should re-open next season.

I must be missing these line outs. He's had so many bad at-bats.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 02:09 PM)
So I received multiple texts from people saying Hawk said Beckham's mom turns 39 today? That can't be right...

Can anyone confirm what age he said?

yup he said 39

So I received multiple texts from people saying Hawk said Beckham's mom turns 39 today? That can't be right...

I'm sure that is a joke along the lines of turning 39 for the 11th time...

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 08:09 PM)
2 years ago, if the Sox were 1.5 games out of first and had 11 or 12 games left with Minnesota with around 70 to play, the season was OVA. Minnesota is horrible, and probably will be horrible for several years.

Good. What happened to the Twins in a nutshell?

When women get to be 40 and over, its common to say they are turning 39 on their birthday. Just don't do it when they are turning 29.

Just rewound it. He definitely said 39, but that clearly can't be right. He's not des bryant

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 02:11 PM)
When women get to be 40 and over, its common to say they are turning 39 on their birthday. Just don't do it when they are turning 29.

did not know that...he said it like he meant it lol nice to know

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 08:09 PM)

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 08:11 PM)

Yep, it was Hawk's compliment.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 02:10 PM)
I'm sure that is a joke along the lines of turning 39 for the 11th time...

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 25, 2012 -> 02:11 PM)

Got it, thanks guys.