Vacation/Travel Thread.

justBLAZE

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Mar 13, 2014 -> 07:07 PM)
Has anyone ever sat in section 121 at the United Center? Got tickets in that section in row 6 for next Saturday's game against the 76ers

I've been near there for Illini games (a few sections over in 117 I believe), should be great views.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Mar 13, 2014 -> 05:28 PM)
Man, I love Savannah. Had Zaxby's for the first time. Delicious. Going to Paula Deen's restaurant Saturday.

Oh man, love that place. There's one about a mile from where I live and it's always the default place to grab food if nothing else sounds good. In college we used to eat it almost every night after leaving the bars.

I didn't end up making it to Savannah this year. Had a few friends who were coming to Atlanta last weekend, so I ended up staying in town. Heard it was a blast, though, by folks who went.

Headed to the LA area in a couple weeks with the wife and kid. I was hoping for some restaurant and activity recommendations. We are staying in Venice Beach, going to Disneyland and to a Kings game, and the Mrs. wants to do one of those whale-watching things. Any good restaurants in VB and near Staples Center and Disney? Thanks in advance!

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 06:28 AM)
Headed to the LA area in a couple weeks with the wife and kid. I was hoping for some restaurant and activity recommendations. We are staying in Venice Beach, going to Disneyland and to a Kings game, and the Mrs. wants to do one of those whale-watching things. Any good restaurants in VB and near Staples Center and Disney? Thanks in advance!

Vb has lots of good restaurants on the water. I also love omelette factory for breakfast. It's right across from a great Chicago bar.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 09:47 AM)
Vb has lots of good restaurants on the water. I also love omelette factory for breakfast. It's right across from a great Chicago bar.

Thanks, Rock! I think breakfast is included with our hotel, but I will keep that place in mind.

Any other recommendations, anyone?

For the person who suggested using Uber while in Chicago, thank you! After reading reviews I was skeptical but we used it 4 times and with $20 credit I got we only spent about $15 on rides. Much better then using a taxi..

Going to back to Chicago in June and will be using it again.. Have to go through the stress of finding a hotel for cheap.. Won't be able to get the Hyatt Regency again for $75 a night.. That was awesome.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Mar 25, 2014 -> 04:54 PM)
For the person who suggested using Uber while in Chicago, thank you! After reading reviews I was skeptical but we used it 4 times and with $20 credit I got we only spent about $15 on rides. Much better then using a taxi..

Going to back to Chicago in June and will be using it again.. Have to go through the stress of finding a hotel for cheap.. Won't be able to get the Hyatt Regency again for $75 a night.. That was awesome.

You're welcome.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 24, 2014 -> 03:48 AM)
Thanks, Rock! I think breakfast is included with our hotel, but I will keep that place in mind.

Any other recommendations, anyone?

Tony P's Dockside grill in Marina Del Rey is great. Thats pretty close to VB if I remember correctly.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 24, 2014 -> 03:54 AM)
Yes indeedy.

Happy to recommend a few places depending on where he's travelling.

Hey. I'll be spending most of my time in Melbourne, not sure exactly when I'll be there but it will be during the winter months there. I'm hoping to go to an Australian rules football game, but not sure what else.

Thanks!