Jakemeister vs Royals in "Jake N Bake"

Steve9347

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Caesar @ Aug 7, 2012 -> 09:56 PM)
KC is 4-4 against the Sox this year, 1-7 against the Tigers.

That just may be the difference in this division.

Sox are 17-7 vs. MIN & CLE. Detroit is 10-11 against MIN & CLE

Blah blah blah blah

That game really stunk tonight, at least the seventh inning on. I love Jake Peavy don't get me wrong. But it's difficult for that guy to every be bailed out of games by his bullpen because of his refusal to come out of games. He doesn't give Coop or Robin a chance to rescue him in an inning because he won't come out. I know a lot of times he pitches out of late jams, but let's just say tonight Coop had a feeling it was time to get jake out of there after one hit in the seventh inning instead of the fourth or fifth hit?? It was too late to save Jake. Am I right or wrong on this one?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 03:31 AM)
Sox are 17-7 vs. MIN & CLE. Detroit is 10-11 against MIN & CLE

Blah blah blah blah

Sox-KC games are rarely blowouts. They give the Sox a game almost every time the two step on the field.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2012 -> 10:00 PM)
Sox have lost 7 of Peavy's last 10 starts. They need to find a way to start winning more with him on the mound, as he's likely the only sure thing they have with regards to pitching every 5th day.

24 runs scored in Peavy's last 10 starts. And that includes 8 against Minnesota 2 starts ago, so that's 16 in the other 9 starts.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 7, 2012 -> 10:32 PM)
That game really stunk tonight, at least the seventh inning on. I love Jake Peavy don't get me wrong. But it's difficult for that guy to every be bailed out of games by his bullpen because of his refusal to come out of games. He doesn't give Coop or Robin a chance to rescue him in an inning because he won't come out. I know a lot of times he pitches out of late jams, but let's just say tonight Coop had a feeling it was time to get jake out of there after one hit in the seventh inning instead of the fourth or fifth hit?? It was too late to save Jake. Am I right or wrong on this one?

He isn't in charge, the manager is. And it's his job to weigh the game situation, not mr. Emotion.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 7, 2012 -> 09:32 PM)

He's no Verlander.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 01:59 AM)
peavy looks pissed he was pulled

That's cause he was pissed. You can't pull Jake Peavy out of a game and it's a bad situation the last 2 years.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 02:01 AM)
+10000

It's ridiculous how overused he's been. You pretty much never see a manager leave their starter in if they allow 4 hits in the 7th inning of a game.

Nobody has the guts to pull Jake. He gets too pissed!

QUOTE (daa84 @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 02:02 AM)
robin has to learn to tell peavy that hes the f***ing manager and he has to go sit his ass on the bench....he lets peavy talk him into more pitches way too often

Easier said than done. You can't take out the bulldog.

If we ultimately lose the series, of course it's disappointing, but I'm not in the "any loss against the Royals is a bad loss"

Typically the best team in baseball plays barely better than .600 ball, and typically the worst still wins more than 1 game in every 3.

If we end up winning the series I'm fine with this. More to the point, as long as we are over .500 against the division and at least around .500 against the Tigers, I think we'll be fine.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Aug 7, 2012 -> 11:15 PM)
If we ultimately lose the series, of course it's disappointing, but I'm not in the "any loss against the Royals is a bad loss"

Typically the best team in baseball plays barely better than .600 ball, and typically the worst still wins more than 1 game in every 3.

If we end up winning the series I'm fine with this. More to the point, as long as we are over .500 against the division and at least around .500 against the Tigers, I think we'll be fine.

This is coming more from the new posters and not the veterans, but people need to realize this is baseball, any team can beat anyone on any given day period.

Also, chances are that this each team will lose at least 60 games. I'm in no way making an excuse for their performance but chances are we won't win them all.

Go Sox.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 8, 2012 -> 04:31 AM)
This is coming more from the new posters and not the veterans, but people need to realize this is baseball, any team can beat anyone on any given day period.

Also, chances are that this each team will lose at least 60 games. I'm in no way making an excuse for their performance but chances are we won't win them all.

Go Sox.

The problem is our season-series record against KC. It's 4-4 now and there's no reason to believe we'll dominate the series at all the rest of the season.